Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:17 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [1]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello

I also finally got interviewed yesterday on 1st July. My interviewer was Mr Jonathan Jones. He is the Director, MBA Student Recruitment. Very nice and easygoing guy. Interview went on for 25-30 minutes. We had discussion on following topics:
- My current job profile
- Why MBA at this stage
- Why from AGSM
- My Future goals and any target companies.

It was a smooth affair and now I am waiting for the their final decision. Looks like I was one of the last to get interviewed. He mentioned that in enxt twor -three days they will finalize the first round list.
Please let me know if anyone else received any formal call for admission ?

Regards
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [1]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
skmbaaspirant wrote:
Archit143 wrote:
skmbaaspirant wrote:
Hey can anyone guide me on the essay word limit !!!! Have everyone followed the 250 word limit or gone upto 260-270 ? Till how much is acceptable?

You can contact the Mba admin thru email and explain. In most case they allow untill 280 words

Consider kudos if my post helps!!!

Archit

Thanks archit but the admission policy on the AGSM website already says approx 250 words so I do not think its good to email the committee again and ask. I just want a view from the people who have applied in the round 1 to guide.

Swati

I had the same problem with Neeley School's essay and normally they allow upto 260 or so...Just confirm by dropping an email.

Consider Kudos If my post helps!!!

Archit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.21
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Got the interview invite for 26th August. All the best everyone...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: AGSM '15 (II)
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V37
Send PM
Kudos
svdk wrote:
Got the interview invite for 26th August. All the best everyone...

Hey congrats svdk !! I have also got interview invitation for 4th September !!! Do let me know you experience !!! :-D :-D :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you Shailaja and SVDK. This helps a lot.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All

I applied for the AGSM full-time MBA program in R2 and had my interview today with Jonathan Jones, Operations Director. Firstly, thanks a lot to all of you'll for sharing your profiles and for the questions about the interview. It really helped me prepare.

As expected, I was asked very standard questions about career progression, career goals, how an MBA would help me at this point and why AGSM. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes and it was quite interactive.

Just to share my profile as well.. I work as a Consultant with PricewaterhouseCoopers in their Risk Advisory business in Mumbai. I have been with the firm for a little more than 6 years. Have traveled extensively for client assignments, which was also a small topic of discussion during the interview.. I have had average acad scores all throughout, good extra curricular activities, but very strong recommendations from my Executive Directors. IELTS of 8.5..

Looking to apply for scholarships now - do let me know in case anyone can help me with this..

Congratulations to all who have been offered admission and all the best to the ones who have interviews lined up..

Cheers
Ankit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
jisha wrote:
Hi All,

Congratulations to all who made it!
I , too, have received the admission for the 2014 batch.

My profile:
IT - 5 years
Gmat : 700

I did receive a scholarship of excellence for 25 k AUD.

I am a little confused about our fee payment structure.
I know we need to pay every semester.
So the scholarship money will be split for each semester?
After the initial 6k payment, when is the next payment due?
Also- what is the final fees for 2014-- Doesn't the site say fees indicative for 2013 only?

Best Regards,

Congrats on your admission and scholarship.
To clear your doubts :
- You are right , we need to pay before every session. I think there are four for our course. So you have a census date for each session before which you need to finalize your subjects and payment. For first session it will open up in end November and close in December. So our first payment needs to be masde in that time frame.
- Yes, Scholarship money will be adjusted on pro-rata basis ( that's what the mail said)
- I have already answered this question as part of first answer.
- Final fees will be declared in October, but tentatively it has been set around $75040 (6% increase over previous year).

Cheers,
Gerywine
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 362 [1]
Concentration: Marketing, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
mbagurupune wrote:
Hello Everybody,

Today I got the unofficial offer from AGSM, it said that i need to wait for official offer from UNSW and only then i will be able to accept it.
There were few folks applied for round 3, my interview was on 10/22.

I need some help from y'all.
I am not familiar with Australian way of looking at MBA grads, though i was in Australia for a fortnight in Autumn.

How is the job market for an AGSM graduate from indian origin??
Are there any pros to an AGSM MBA if compared with BSchools like GA Tech, Emory, UCSD etc.

Most of you would have already accepted the offer, I just want to know what you all liked about the pgm.

I have been working in IT for the past 7 + years, have had some international experience and have decent acads and extra currics. GMAT score was 700 and am currently based out of Pune.

Thanks a lot!!

Hi Mate,

I have been working in sales and marketing in australia for the last 8 years. I want to tell you some facts as they might be bit hard to digest. I am australian citizen but was born in india. I had 3 friends of mine 2 did mba from MBS and 1 did from Macquire school in sydney itself. All of them had to go back because of visa. The issue is if you don't have the permanent residency or citizenship companies simply won't take it. Just check any job website. www.seek.com.au
First thing 90% of the company ask is are you PR or citizen and if you say yes then they say provide the photocopy obviously. So that is the hard fact. I have known hundreds if not thousands of people in my industry and finance and I haven't come across a single person who has got sponsorship from the company in australia. Now I am not trying to demotivate you.
Positive part is AGSM is very well known all over asia so you have the opportunity to work anywhere in asia and you will get good competitive package.

If you have the PR or citizenship then all the doors are open for you but if you are not then 99 doors are closed and that 1 door which is open I am not aware of.

Thanks,
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply

!
Join us for a chat with several current students who have been admitted from WL last year.
When: Tue Feb 4th at 9 AM PST
Where: GMAT Club Chat

The recording of the Getting off a Waitlist Webinar is now available on Youtube:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Lo8LAfOIQ[/youtube]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi All,
I got an interview scheduled for 20th June. Got the email just today. Can someone help me with the interview questions.
Also if anyone can shed some light on post AGSM options??? PR is a problem in Aussie, but is it in AGSM recruitments too?

Thanks!!!!
Shailaja 8-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
candyshalu wrote:
Hi All,
I got an interview scheduled for 20th June. Got the email just today. Can someone help me with the interview questions.
Also if anyone can shed some light on post AGSM options??? PR is a problem in Aussie, but is it in AGSM recruitments too?

Thanks!!!!
Shailaja 8-)

Hi Shailaja,

Congrats and wish you the very best. I have applied for the same intake and have been scheduled for an interview on 2-Jul-2013.

Any idea who is conducting your interview, Also let me know your experience on interview one completed. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi Everyone
Got an interview invite for 1st July . Looks like this year the interviews got delayed by one weeks time.

Shailaja, Please do let us know - how ur interview went.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Shailaja/Grey wine,

Good to see some applicants for Jan'14 intake. Congratulations on securing an interview, and wish you the very best in your prep.

Any idea as to who is conducting your interview, is it Jonathan Jones, the Operation and Recruitment Director?

Thanks
RP
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I am pretty new to GMATCLUB but have been following this forum for years. I applied for AGSM MBA 2014 R1 and had an interview on Jun 24th. Today I got an unofficial confirmation of successful candidature. Email confirmed that official details will follow soon. I am really glad with the offer. I would like to meet others in this forum and would like to share with my experience that include PR. :o Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
My interview was with Prof.Mark Stewart. It was general questions :
1> My current Role
2> Why MBA
3> Why from AGSM
4> You know anything about Sydney? :o

At last he asked if I have some queries regarding the course or AGSM. It went as usual. In total interview went for 20 minutes. My interview was on Skype and later switched to Audio because of connectivity issues :x
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: AGSM '15 (II)
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V37
Send PM
gssumesh wrote:
My interview was with Prof.Mark Stewart. It was general questions :
1> My current Role
2> Why MBA
3> Why from AGSM
4> You know anything about Sydney? :o

At last he asked if I have some queries regarding the course or AGSM. It went as usual. In total interview went for 20 minutes. My interview was on Skype and later switched to Audio because of connectivity issues :x

Congrats Gssumesh & Shailaja !!! Can you please share your profiles and GMAT score if you do not mind !!!! I am planning to apply for R2...Can you give me some tips on essays as well !!! I am totally confused....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gssumesh wrote:
I am pretty new to GMATCLUB but have been following this forum for years. I applied for AGSM MBA 2014 R1 and had an interview on Jun 24th. Today I got an unofficial confirmation of successful candidature. Email confirmed that official details will follow soon. I am really glad with the offer. I would like to meet others in this forum and would like to share with my experience that include PR. :o Thanks!

Hi,
I also had an interview on 2nd of July and got an unofficial confirmation.Could anyone tell me about PR problems and if getting a job is an issue even after AGSM for Indians, although it is one of the best schools down under.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts