Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 05:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 19:20
Got the admit recently as part of R4, been a silent observer in the group so far :)
Anybody traveling from Seattle in 2016 batch?

re posting for lack of replies.. anyone from Seattle area PING .. :)

Last edited by dairymilk on 01 Jun 2013, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.32
WE: Editorial and Writing (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 16

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 09:12
berkeleyboy wrote:
Advice Wanted:

I applied to the UCLA FEMBA in R5 and I'm trying to decide whether to apply to USC's FEMBA as a back-up. I have a 3.7/3.75 from UC Berkeley (BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering), 720 GMAT, but only 2.5 years of industry work experience. As for total work experience, I have been working since I was 14 years old, but I'm not sure that bears any merit. The 2.5 years is in a defense company where my role is typically technical, but I direct 10-12 technicians across various production shifts (though none are direct subordinates). My company also pays 100% of tuition. Anyone have any advice for whether I should burn another $200 to apply for USC or whether my chances are good enough despite applying to UCLA in R5.

As someone who has interacted extensively with both UCLA Anderson and USC Marshall throughout the admissions process, I would highly encourage you to drop USC. UCLA is a no-brainer and USC is in a downward spiral where the admissions staff engages in shady unprofessional business practices. They aren't worth your money or time.

Best of luck with UCLA!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 10:43
Congrats to everyone who got admitted to the 2016 class and all the very best to the people who are wait listed or just submitted their application.

I am a round 5 applicant and I couldn't get a chance to come down for the April 20th interview. I submitted my application on May 14th 2013. There has been no status change in my application and it still says "APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED". I have also not heard back anything from the admissions team. Not that I am worried but I am just curious to understand the life cycle of application once it is submitted.

Any and every info from the group here will be appreciated.

Regards,
Sid.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 13:47
sidmba wrote:
Congrats to everyone who got admitted to the 2016 class and all the very best to the people who are wait listed or just submitted their application.

I am a round 5 applicant and I couldn't get a chance to come down for the April 20th interview. I submitted my application on May 14th 2013. There has been no status change in my application and it still says "APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED". I have also not heard back anything from the admissions team. Not that I am worried but I am just curious to understand the life cycle of application once it is submitted.

Any and every info from the group here will be appreciated.

Regards,
Sid.

Sid,

I'd applied in R3 and it took about 2-2.5 weeks for my application status to change from Submitted to "Application is under review by Admissions committee". And it stayed on that for a few weeks until I got the admit decision call.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 13:57
Thanks aspirantmba007 and congrats for your admit. I guess I will keep my eyes open for a few weeks.

Did you attend one of their interview rounds? Now it seems that the interviews are by invitation only.

Regards,
Sid.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 14:28
sidmba wrote:
Thanks aspirantmba007 and congrats for your admit. I guess I will keep my eyes open for a few weeks.

Did you attend one of their interview rounds? Now it seems that the interviews are by invitation only.

Regards,
Sid.

R3 was a non-interview round like R5 but R3 applicants could register for an interview on R2's super Saturday. I did that.
Good luck to you!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 13:56
Anyone here who applied in R5 heard back from the adcom?
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA, USC, INSEAD, NYU

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 15:57
R4 applicant, tried logging into the UCLA application site and says could not process login request. Wondering if this means I am out.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 18:31
I am having the same trouble..

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 18:46
Email tech support. It happened to me a while ago even before I submitted my application. They'll send you a new username, but your other info will remain the same.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 22:37
I just emailed the tech support. Let's see.

On another topic, is there anyone in this group who got an admit call without an interview call? It has been 2 weeks since I submitted my application. The status has changed to COMPLETED, but nothing since then.

Regards,
S.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 07:05
I was having the same problem of not being able to log in yesterday but now I can log in, Application Status = Submitted. I guess I assumed that on 5/31 the status would automatically be updated to the admission decision. Maybe I'm supposed to wait for a call? Anyone other R4 applicant get a decision today?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 08:52
I think this login problem cropped up very recently. I was having same problem for last couple of days. However, when I contacted support, they sent me new userid with the same original password that I had set up and now I am able to log in. Contact tech Support if you still see issues.

Keeping up the spirit. Target = 750

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 10:33
waitlisted. R4 decisions available online.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE: Accounting (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [1] , given: 17

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 11:31
This post received
KUDOS
anandbha wrote:
waitlisted. R4 decisions available online.

Hold in there... I've been on the waitlist since mid December. I spoke to someone that's graduating from the FEMBA program this year. When she applied, she applied round 2 and she was not admitted until the last week of June.

Never give up, Never Surrender!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 11:33
racer50...did u update ur application after you got waitlisted ?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 12:05
I got waitlisted too. the waitlist form requires information to bolster my profile such as higher gmat scores, promotions, etc.
the problem is that the company I work for will not offer promotions or merit increases since there is little room for growth. the only thing I can think of at the moment is either finding another job or increasing my gmat score…but I don’t think I can take the gmat anytime soon since I need to prepare for it again. I’m still not going to give up though.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 12:53
I'm sort of in the same boat as a few of you (by the way, hi everyone, first time poster, long time reader). I was just notified I have been placed on the wait list as well, and while there have been additional circumstances at work (promotion, new job title) that may prove to bolster my application, I have a feeling that they're looking for improvement on my GMAT score since I scored somewhat low on that to begin with.

However, in the event I decide to retake the GMAT before the next notification deadline (June 28th), I do not think the new score will be included in the re-review of my application as the scores will be transmitted after round 5 deadline of May 31 (today). Is anyone else's situation similar?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 12:56
What are the GMAT score of the people who got waitlisted?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE: Accounting (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [1] , given: 17

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 13:09
This post received
KUDOS
anandbha wrote:
racer50...did u update ur application after you got waitlisted ?

I sent them my ticket for the CFA Level I Exam, which I take June 1. I'm going to email them after I take it, just to remind them of my progress and let them know that I'm still interested.

I also told them that I work for the federal government and there aren't going to be promotions or greater work responsibilities anytime soon, the only thing I'm getting is 5-7 days furlough.

I decided against retaking the GMAT because my score, while not great, certainly isn't bad. I really don't think I could do much better on the GMAT without a good amount of preparation. The weakest part of my application is my GPA which isn't going to change. I'm certain that my GPA is why I'm on the waitlist. I don't think an additional 20 points on the GMAT would greatly increase my chances of getting in. They're just holding out to see what the final applicant pool will be before making their final cut. If round 5 is weak, then maybe I get in. If round 5 is strong, then maybe I don't.
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants!   [#permalink] 31 May 2013, 13:09