Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 22:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 13:52
This post received
KUDOS
chomatin317 wrote:
Wooo i just got admitted! i was worried because of a low gmat score.

Congratulations chomatin.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 5

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2013, 18:26
This post received
KUDOS
ryghtontime wrote:
I also just got my call today! I'm in!!!

My case proves GMAT isn't everything. I scored 620 on the GMAT, but the rest of my application was very strong :)

Even though my score seems to be out of the 80% range, I'm thankful that the adcom took the time to look at my entire submission.

Congrats !!!! That's awesome , I had 620 but I was told to retake it :(
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Other, Other
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
WE: Other (Journalism and Publishing)

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 08:42
This post received
KUDOS
gtdj06 wrote:
baileyessr0g wrote:
Is anyone else applying Round 5? Thoughts on whether R5 applicants are at a disadvantage because they're applying later in the process and, presumably, most seats are filled by now?

Based on my experience last year, I was surprised by the number of admits in the last round, but if I remember correctly, they all had really strong applications.

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping to get accepted to the FEMBA Flex program since I'd be commuting from New York. Anderson's my dream school for so many reasons, including its strong media/entertainment program (I'm a journalist looking to develop my business skills in order to advance in the industry), its lenient policy for part-time students seeking internships and OCR opportunities, and the fact that I'm hoping to settle down in LA after I graduate. I guess my background profiles as a less-traditional applicant; not sure if that's a plus or a minus. My GMAT is a concern because of the low quant score, and my GPA is below the class average, but otherwise I feel like I'll have a pretty strong application. I'm looking forward to my Super Saturday interview this weekend, and then I'll be hoping for the best!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.65
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 13:28
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to know if any of you got the following care package from UCLA...it came w/ the following:
- Welcome packet w/ matriculation info, campus map, FEMBA council contact, and info on upcoming events
- "Coach Wooden's Leadership Game Plan for Success" book
- Coffee cup w/ leather FEMBA sleeve
- Branded Swag: Baseball Cap, Bumper Sticker, Post-It note pad, Luggage Tag, Pen, 4GB USB Drive
Attachment:
DSC_1273.JPG
DSC_1273.JPG [ 717.88 KiB | Viewed 4430 times ]

It was a pleasant surprise to find this on my doorstep when I came home from work on Friday. Let the b-school indoctrination begin ;)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 5

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 22:19
This post received
KUDOS
When I interviewed, I totally thought I bombed it too. My interviewer just went through the routine of asking questions from his paper. It was not a very engaging conversation (just cut and dry). There were times he ran of questions or had no follow-up questions. He took some notes here and there but that was it. Nothing special about it. I left the interview dismayed. He was an alum too. I think Alums probably don't have much experience being interviewers so they might come off as cold, aloof, or not engaging. In any case, I got in so don't put too much weight into a bad interview experience. They're probably nervous too.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 11:49
This post received
KUDOS
Just received the wonderful early admission call from Christie, and I AM IN :).

Really delighted and excited to start the journey for 2016. Congratulations to all the early call receivers and All the best to rest of the applicants.

Keeping up the spirit. Target = 750

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE: Accounting (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [1] , given: 17

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 11:31
This post received
KUDOS
anandbha wrote:
waitlisted. R4 decisions available online.

Hold in there... I've been on the waitlist since mid December. I spoke to someone that's graduating from the FEMBA program this year. When she applied, she applied round 2 and she was not admitted until the last week of June.

Never give up, Never Surrender!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 13:09
This post received
KUDOS
anandbha wrote:
racer50...did u update ur application after you got waitlisted ?

I sent them my ticket for the CFA Level I Exam, which I take June 1. I'm going to email them after I take it, just to remind them of my progress and let them know that I'm still interested.

I also told them that I work for the federal government and there aren't going to be promotions or greater work responsibilities anytime soon, the only thing I'm getting is 5-7 days furlough.

I decided against retaking the GMAT because my score, while not great, certainly isn't bad. I really don't think I could do much better on the GMAT without a good amount of preparation. The weakest part of my application is my GPA which isn't going to change. I'm certain that my GPA is why I'm on the waitlist. I don't think an additional 20 points on the GMAT would greatly increase my chances of getting in. They're just holding out to see what the final applicant pool will be before making their final cut. If round 5 is weak, then maybe I get in. If round 5 is strong, then maybe I don't.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE: Law (Law)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 14:22
This post received
KUDOS
I did not schedule an interview as I applied Round 5 at the last moment and didn't notice the April 20th deadline for interviews until it was too late. Last week, I got a call from Dylan Stafford asking if he could just speak with me for 15-20 mins. He said interviews were not mandatory but he wanted to talk and find out more about me. I don't know if this information is helpful, but that was my experience.

Also, I called to confirm about Fellowships and they are not offered for first year FEMBA students, but they said if funds are available they will send out applications to first year FEMBA students to receive scholarship money, but it was not a lot of money from what they told me.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 14:03
This post received
KUDOS
Well....at least June 28th is only one week away. All of us will have a decision by then ;-)
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2013, 09:55
This post received
KUDOS
Kenny0929 wrote:
mlapido11 wrote:
Anyone else on this board still waiting for a decision?

Yes. I am waiting still.

Posted from my mobile device Image

I am still waiting also.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2013, 11:43
This post received
KUDOS
Congrats to all who got admitted to UCLA and good luck to those who are still waiting !!!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 15:01
This post received
KUDOS
Well, I don't remember seeing any posts about anyone getting in on the deadline date for any round for any year. So, I guess I'm getting the rejection notice tomorrow. Good Luck to all of those that got in. Maybe I'll see you at the USC MBA.PM versus UCLA FEMBA mixer (if there is one).
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 15:22
This post received
KUDOS
Gldnchld5 wrote:
Stay positive. Christy said it may be mid July until they decide on the wait-listed.

Seriously? When did she tell you this?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 16:25
This post received
KUDOS
racer150 wrote:
Gldnchld5 wrote:
Stay positive. Christy said it may be mid July until they decide on the wait-listed.

On June 4th, when we discussed what I could do to improve my chances of getting off of the wait list. I also received this a few minutes ago.

Thank you for having agreed to be on our Wait List for admission to the FEMBA Class of 2016. We are in the process of reviewing all of our Wait Listed applicants, and would like to confirm that you are still interested in attending our program.

Please reply to this email no later than Monday, July 1st, at 5:00 PM to confirm that you would still like to attend FEMBA. We’ve been asked to bring applicants for review who have a clear desire to attend UCLA. We appreciate hearing from you asap, and will complete the Faculty Review some time next week.

Best,

UCLA Anderson Fully Employed MBA Program Admissions Team
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 16:43
This post received
KUDOS
Gldnchld5 wrote:
racer150 wrote:
Gldnchld5 wrote:

On June 4th, when we discussed what I could do to improve my chances of getting off of the wait list. I also received this a few minutes ago.

Thank you for having agreed to be on our Wait List for admission to the FEMBA Class of 2016. We are in the process of reviewing all of our Wait Listed applicants, and would like to confirm that you are still interested in attending our program.

Please reply to this email no later than Monday, July 1st, at 5:00 PM to confirm that you would still like to attend FEMBA. We’ve been asked to bring applicants for review who have a clear desire to attend UCLA. We appreciate hearing from you asap, and will complete the Faculty Review some time next week.

Best,

UCLA Anderson Fully Employed MBA Program Admissions Team

I got the same email and responded promptly. I wonder how many spots are still open and how many people are on the waitlist?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2013, 08:08
This post received
KUDOS
Kenny0929 wrote:
dpkp wrote:
lawgurl27 wrote:
I don't know how many spots are left but I know that R5 applicants have until July 5th to commit and/or pay the deadline or else it states our spots will be released. I am not sure how strictly this is enforced but I imagine this will open up more spots after that date if not everyone accepts or responds by that date.

P.S. has anyone who has been already admitted received any information about any kind of paperwork or admission package that will arrive via regular mail?

Waitlisted guys - this is so awesome , I hope you guys get in. I know how it feels to be on that waitlist, was there got like a month and it was not easy waiting :)

Paperwork : no paperwork is really by mail , everything is online and you will start getting emails about it after getting admitted. The only mail that I had to sent was my degree as I am an international student and they needed to see the original. The only mail that I got was a gift package after submitting my deposit , rest all is electronic.

Agree with dpkp! I was on the wailist for about 6 months at Haas. It sucks to be there. In fact, I reached a point where I was glad that I was rejected (some kind of decision!). So, hang in there folks. I am sure some spots may open up after July 5th.
And dpkp: interesting gift? :)

Kenny ,

I will say wait for it , but if you dnt want to then a pic of the package is on page 9 of this forum !!! Lets see if you resist looking at that page ;)

Dpkp
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2013, 13:50
This post received
KUDOS
So, I checked my application status, just to do it...

My 'dashboard' used to say "Decision Status: Available beginning 12/12/2012" but today reads "Decision Status: Available beginning 6/28/2013". I opened the decision and it said "The Admissions Committee has carefully considered your application to the UCLA Anderson School of Management’s Fully Employed MBA (FEMBA) Program. While you are certainly a very qualified candidate, we are not able at this time to admit you for Fall 2013."

My heart was racing... I thought to myself, "aren't they deciding next week?" Then I read the very next line. "With your permission, we would like to place you on our 'wait list.'"

Haha. I guess it's just so they know who to review for the final decisions.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2013, 21:00
This post received
KUDOS
Any other waitlisters still waiting?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V42
GPA: 3.83
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 47

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 08:18
Had my interview 9:30 am yesterday at Super Saturday. My status on applyyourself (before the interview) changed to "your application is complete and is being reviewed by the admissions committee." Maureen Riley from Admissions was there and said reviews will start mid-week. Anyone else submit R1?
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants!   [#permalink] 04 Nov 2012, 08:18