Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 03:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 09:50
Hi All,

I applied for R3. They just called me to schedule an interview. I know that R3 didn't have interview. So was anybody else from R3 asked to go for an interview as well? Any tips for interview? Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 09:54
philiptu wrote:
Hi All,

I applied for R3. They just called me to schedule an interview. I know that R3 didn't have interview. So was anybody else from R3 asked to go for an interview as well? Any tips for interview? Thanks

Interesting. Sounds like they're interested at least.

My best advice would be to stay relaxed and be yourself. My interview was with an alum during the R2 super Saturday interviews. It was very conversational and almost entirely based on my resume. A few questions were about my motivations for getting an MBA, but there weren't any curve balls.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 09:59
packet82 wrote:
philiptu wrote:
Hi All,

My best advice would be to stay relaxed and be yourself. My interview was with an alum during the R2 super Saturday interviews. It was very conversational and almost entirely based on my resume. A few questions were about my motivations for getting an MBA, but there weren't any curve balls.

Thanks. That's helpful. I am kinda nervous about it. Well the bright side is that at least I am still being considered....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 10:09
philiptu wrote:
packet82 wrote:
philiptu wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks. That's helpful. I am kinda nervous about it. Well the bright side is that I am not being rejected at this time at least....

I don't know your background, but Anderson seems to be interested in increasing the avg GMAT score of their students to compete in the rankings. As long as your profile matches the average student, your 770 GMAT looks quite good to them.

From what I saw in the interview, they seem to want people they can interact with well. Have a good idea of your motivations for getting an MBA, and be able to explain how your career path led you to apply to Anderson. Know how you fit in to the school, and how Anderson will help you reach your goals. I spoke about how I wanted to get in to international business and how the GAP program would give me an amazing head start.

None of it is rocket science really. Have clear reasoning, be friendly, and try not to be too nervous. Don't practice your answers word for word, but have a basic framework of points you want to get across and let the conversation develop naturally. The 30 minutes flew by in both of the MBA interviews I did.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 07:33
Well, something has changed with my application. The status is back to the regular "submitted". Hopefully we'll hear soon.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 09:21
yeah, mine changed to that from "was being reviewed" as well...although I am in R3...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 12:06
Hi All,

I applied in R3. My application status had changed to "your application is being reviewed by the Admission Committee" a few weeks ago (I'd received a notification by email about app status change). I happened to check my account yesterday and noticed that the status has changed back to "Submitted". Has this happened for anyone else? Any idea what this means?

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 12:11
aspirantmba007 wrote:
Hi All,

I applied in R3. My application status had changed to "your application is being reviewed by the Admission Committee" a few weeks ago (I'd received a notification by email about app status change). I happened to check my account yesterday and noticed that the status has changed back to "Submitted". Has this happened for anyone else? Any idea what this means?

Thanks!

Probably just that it has moved along in the process.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 12:12
aspirantmba007 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks!

Oops, I missed the last two posts by packet82 and philiptu...looks like we are in the same boat...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 12:13
packet82 wrote:
aspirantmba007 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks!

Probably just that it has moved along in the process.

Thanks for the response!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 12:45
aspirantmba007 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks!

Do u get an interview as well?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 11

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:12
This post received
KUDOS
Admitted! Just got a call. They said they finished with some of the decisions early.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:15
poseidon85 wrote:
Admitted! Just got a call. They said they finished with some of the decisions early.

Congrats!
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:21
This post received
KUDOS
Looks like I got in too. Just got a call from Maureen at Anderson offering me a spot.
Current Student
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:22
Still going to go with Haas?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:23
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call! I am in. That was a pleasant surprise from UCLA.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:25
poseidon85 wrote:
Still going to go with Haas?

Unless they're offering me a huge scholarship, yeah. I loved both schools and would be well suited at either one, but I want to stay in tech afterwords. From what I've seen, that may be a bit easier at Haas. It's also a bit easier to get to campus every week since it's a bit of a shorter flight from Seattle.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:28
kayjay2012 wrote:

Congrats to you too. Whether I end up seeing you at Haas or you go to Anderson, good luck in grad school.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 02-18-2012

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:29
Disappointed. Iam waitlisted.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:35
packet82 wrote:
kayjay2012 wrote:

Congrats to you too. Whether I end up seeing you at Haas or you go to Anderson, good luck in grad school.

Thank you Packet and I wish the same for you. This whole process has been a rite of passage for me and i am very impressed with the student body. Both schools are good but I prefer Haas as it has better opportunities in the health care arena.
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants!   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2013, 13:35