Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
WE:Business Development (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Sales (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Got an interview lined up with Michael Moses on the 23rd of Feb. How's the interview like? How's Mr. Moses like? Any advice?

Profile -
660 GMAT
115 TOEFL
3 years work-ex in Indian hospitality sector, not a part of the IT crowd
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jpgaikwad wrote:
Got an interview lined up with Michael Moses on the 23rd of Feb. How's the interview like? How's Mr. Moses like? Any advice?

Profile -
660 GMAT
115 TOEFL
3 years work-ex in Indian hospitality sector, not a part of the IT crowd

I interviewed with mr Moses. He is very chilled out and a nice person to interview with.just know your resume in and out and it definitely will help that you don't have an IT background. Be ready to talk about ur leadership experience and your struggles. Be ready to showcase your unique personality and the fact that you are ready for a rigorous program like Rotman . Just be yourself and don't get anxious. That should do the trick.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
So I have my interview with Claire Gomus? Anybody who has been interviewed by her? Tips please. Non-IT Indian here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
Send PM
ishwardevgan wrote:
So I have my interview with Claire Gomus? Anybody who has been interviewed by her? Tips please. Non-IT Indian here.

Hi, i had an interview with Claire Gumus as well. She is very chilled out, casual and really nice. She is very aware of every detail that you have entered in your resume so be prepared for some specific questions based on it.She also asked me about my future career goals and how i was going to make use of rotman to move forward in that direction and also some more preferred industry specific questions.
PS: Indian non-IT as well
All the best.. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Mr Billiards,

I am awaiting the interview details for the RPSC round 2. Could you help us with some tips on how to ace this round. Also I'm keen to attend the team rounds in toronto.. Could u also throw light on some of the things that one could look forward during the RPSC weekend..

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Kudos
I'm assuming the Round 2 you're talking about is the Skype chat with a judge about your essay? It was actually pretty fun, but you do have to do a lot of prep (at least I did). Know your essay inside out. Be structured in your pitch, don't just go all over the place. My recommendation is solution first, then reasons. As in "my recommendation is to blahblahblah because of one, two, three." Then you explain what one, two, three are. This is in contrast to "because of one, two, three, I recommend blahblahblah." Always tie in to the main question, don't go on a tangent. Oh! And always tell a story. Hope that helps!

RPSC weekend? Meeting tons of great people, potential classmates, staff, professors, etc. Some of the first and second years will also probably be there too, as well as the JD/MBAs who have decided to do the MBA part of their program. Other than meeting people, there are tons of classes to take which can be of interest. And fireside chat with Kevin Frey was a great one, which I recommend. As well as the session with Maja Djikic.

Then Sunday morning was a brunch some place, and I think an event. Last year was a trip to Ripley's Aquarium.

Unfortunately I do not know what this year's itinerary is, so I can't be of more help. Either way, it's going to be fun!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
FROM Rotman Admissions Blog: Insider Insight on the Rotman Problem Solving Challenge

The Rotman Problem Solving Challenge (RPSC) provides you with another opportunity to demonstrate your talent beyond the traditional admission criteria.  I judged individual presentations in 2013 and can say that your performance at the RPSC could improve your chances of admission.  Your impression at the RPSC also shapes your Rotman reputation.  So, how do you make the most of this opportunity?  And how do you impress the judges?

In true Rotman fashion the Rotman network is here for you. In this blog post I am happy to share advice from two past participants and two judges.  Jonathan Weir and Michael McVety both competed in the 2013 RPSC, now serve as executives on the student-run Rotman Management Consulting Association industry club and will be judges at this year’s RPSC.

Round 1 Essay Submission:  Last year, we found that average submissions remained general, stated the obvious and lacked clear structure.  While, better papers provided specifics, insight and structure.

As Jonathan reflected on his experience at the RPSC before he joined Rotman he realized “the challenge is that you’re not used to applying a structured approach to thinking about problems where you create models with assumptions and test them.”  He says “it’s like exercising a muscle that you’ve never used before.”

For the submission, he suggests to “go with what you know” because “insightfulness comes from authenticity.”  It is best to leverage your personal/professional experience and contacts to generate ideas and resources instead of researching everything online.  This makes for a more authentic paper.

Michael’s pointers on the submission include:

• Check your work for spelling and grammar errors to ensure a professional first impression
  • Take a stance, let your opinion stand out and build a case/logic for it
  • Don’t be afraid to allow your submission to show your personal flavor/brand – This could be from the boldness of your claim or references to your own experiences, for example
Round 2 Individual Presentations:  If you make it to round 2, we will ask you to present highlights of your paper over Skype.  Michael advises:

• You want to be well prepared but not rehearsed so that you are flexible enough to handle questions during your presentation
  • Remember to be aware of associated risks and alternatives to your position and able to address them while focusing on your opinion
Final Round Team Presentation:  At the RPSC weekend, Rotman will place you in a team to compete in the final round.  First year student, Nicole Dong, who competed in last year’s RPSC suggests that you manage your group time well and allocate time to understand strengths, brainstorm ideas, choose a direction, execute a plan – and stick to it.  When interacting with people and group members Jonathan takes responsibility and says that “the onus is on you to find out what other people’s strengths are.”  He tries not to make assumptions and is always pleasantly surprised when he pushes himself to learn about others.

You will have to present as a group and answer the presentation judges’ questions which requires cohesiveness.  Michael reminds you that “You will be judged as a group and during Q&A; it’s best if you can have one member of your team answer a question versus multiple people on the team trying to offer thoughts.”

To get the most out of the experience, Michael suggests that you “think of RPSC less as a competition and more as an opportunity to begin to develop yourself, to see who you’ll be working with at Rotman and to get inspired about the MBA environment.”

Vanessa Valenzuela competed last year and was one of the prize winners.  She echoes Michael’s comment:  “While the prizes are appealing and definitely something to strive for, the important take away from the weekend should be to meet your future potential classmates, network with other professionals and really learn as much as you can about the Rotman experience and way of thinking.  Challenge yourself to meet as many people as possible and remember that it’s all about having a great time and learning a new way to think!”

I hope that this insight helps as you work on your paper.  For even more support, Rotman Coaches will host two more learning labs.  These live webinars provide a great forum to have your questions answered.

I wish you luck with your submission and hope you make it to the final round!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
FROM Rotman Admissions Blog: Impact and Intiative at Rotman

On Monday February 2nd  the Women in Management Association (WIMA) student club at Rotman launched the annual WIMA Top 10. Along with our Dean and several other Canadian executives we gathered to celebrate the achievements of Rotman female alumni.

In the following categories we recognized 10 women who have made outstanding contributions in their field:

• Business Industry
              • Entrepreneurship
              • Professional Services
              • Public Services
              • Social Impact
How did this all come about? Fourteen years ago, two women saw a gap in women in leadership at the school and decided to do something about it and founded WIMA. Fast forward to today, the WIMA executive saw a gap in recognizing and celebrating the many achievements of our female alumni and WIMA Top10 was born.

This type of leadership is natural for Rotman students; see a ‘problem’, take initiative, and solve it. When we review future applicants to the program we look for the same things. Where in your life have you seen a gap, an issue, or a problem and done something about it? A work example, an extracurricular example, even a personal one all count. The theory goes, if you’re wired this way to have an impact in one area in your life, the likelihood is that you will do it again and again.

WIMA Top 10 Award Winners with Dean Tiff Macklem

Impact is an emerging theme at Rotman. Our Dean Tiff Macklem recently wrote that his vision for the next 5 years is focusing on this very thing. We’ve spent the last number of years with a phenomenal growth story, now we’re turning that into a growth and impact story. Our impact story is the impact of Rotman graduates around the world measured by their success in leading companies, starting companies, the value and jobs they create, the businesses they reinvent and the leadership they provide in society. Additionally, we mean the impact of Rotman thinking and scholarship at management and board tables around the world.

Start thinking about your impact story. Your resume, references, essays are all great ways to signal ways you’ve taken initiative and had an impact. Round 3 closes on March 02, 2015 and we’d love to see in your application what impact you’ve been having thus far in your life.

Leigh

Acting Director, Recruitment and Admissions

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q164 V162
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Got an admit call just now from Sheldon. Great guy, very personable. They'll be sending the final packet by next week. Best of luck to everyone else!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got an admit to Rotman..woohoo!!! Also confirmed my attendance for the RPSC weekend. Anyone else attending from India..pleas pm!!!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all!

Is there any Facebook group for the admits?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Got an admit ! No scholarship though :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Hey, if you received an admit email, but message should include a link to the official Facebook group for the Class of 2017. The administrators for the group are actually staff from the Program Services Office, so only those who have been offered admission are typically accepted into the group (and maybe student council or club representatives from the Class of 2016). Congratulations to those who accepted!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
is there a "rotman accepted students" thread?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V164
Send PM
App submitted.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
GPA: 3.7
WE:Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Quick response. Submitted 6 days ago. Got invited to an interview. Any tips?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
MrBilliards wrote:
I'm assuming the Round 2 you're talking about is the Skype chat with a judge about your essay? It was actually pretty fun, but you do have to do a lot of prep (at least I did). Know your essay inside out. Be structured in your pitch, don't just go all over the place. My recommendation is solution first, then reasons. As in "my recommendation is to blahblahblah because of one, two, three." Then you explain what one, two, three are. This is in contrast to "because of one, two, three, I recommend blahblahblah." Always tie in to the main question, don't go on a tangent. Oh! And always tell a story. Hope that helps!

RPSC weekend? Meeting tons of great people, potential classmates, staff, professors, etc. Some of the first and second years will also probably be there too, as well as the JD/MBAs who have decided to do the MBA part of their program. Other than meeting people, there are tons of classes to take which can be of interest. And fireside chat with Kevin Frey was a great one, which I recommend. As well as the session with Maja Djikic.

Then Sunday morning was a brunch some place, and I think an event. Last year was a trip to Ripley's Aquarium.

Unfortunately I do not know what this year's itinerary is, so I can't be of more help. Either way, it's going to be fun!

I will be attending the RPSC R3. Are there any chances to visit classrooms and school facilities? It seems like a packed agenda, so I'm not sure if the group work demands us to be fully occupied the first two days... Can you share some experiences you had last year?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts