Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 10:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants....

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
WE 1: General Management: Plastics Manufacturing (7 years)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2011, 08:06
rockyb, I'm in for Round 2, One-Year MBA. Have they started sending interview invites yet?
Current Student
Schools: Babson

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2011, 08:55
Phaser wrote:
rockyb, I'm in for Round 2, One-Year MBA. Have they started sending interview invites yet?

I don't know the timelines for One Year MBA applicants, but I had enquired about 10 days back for Two Year MBA apps and the adcoms said that it is rolling admissions and you should hear back within 2-3 weeks if you have an interview.

Babson MBA '12 | http://babsonmba2012.com | http://living-vision.org

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2011, 00:55
Has anybody received interview invitation for Round 2, two year MBA?
It has been passed almost 3 weeks since the due, and I haven't received any result for my application. :?
Intern
Intern
Schools: MIT, BC, Babson, HBS
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2011, 05:29
I was in R2 and I got admission with 30k. Didn't meet my expectation...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2011, 07:44
yyee11 wrote:

Just to be sure.. By R2, you mean 15th Jan deadline?
Were you interviewed?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2011, 15:55
s1ngular1ty wrote:
Good to see a discussion going on. Just to give R2 applicants an idea of time line, the imp dates in my application cycle were:
22th Oct - App Submitted
29th Oct - App Completed and sent for review
18th Nov - Interview Invite
2nd Dec - Off Campus interview
17th Dec - Admit

Is there any way/notice to know whether my application has been sent for review or not?
Only thing I can know about my application is that it was submitted. (thru online application screen)
Intern
Intern
Schools: MIT, BC, Babson, HBS
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2011, 17:34
anaghamahajan01 wrote:
yyee11 wrote:

Just to be sure.. By R2, you mean 15th Jan deadline?
Were you interviewed?

Yes and yes:)
I was interviewed quite early though.
Current Student

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2011, 22:04
Babson is planning some major changes in the curriculum structure and in the structure of BCAP engagements etc. starting with the Fall 2011 batch. The Dean held a town hall meeting last week and you guys can view the meeting to learn about the proposed changes here: http://babson.acrobat.com/p26055706/

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 09:38
Applied on 15th Jan...
Still nothing from Babson...
How many interview calls are out?
Are any more expected??

I am an interbational applicant and in US for a couple of weeks...
Should I email the adcomm to see if they want to meet up??
Current Student

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 09:53
anaghamahajan01 wrote:
Applied on 15th Jan...
Are any more expected??

Deadlines link: http://mba.babson.edu/admissions/applyn ... table.aspx

Interviews can occur anytime up to a couple weeks prior to respective decision day. So, please factor this in when raising queries about the interview timelines.

If I were you, I would just pop in here and meet with the adcoms even if they don't send you anything. Its very rare for applicants from India to be in the US and it would serve you well to visit the school.

Anecdote: I applied in 2009 and didn't hear back for a while. I was getting impatient and knew some Babson folks were gonna be in Bangalore. So I called them and offered to travel down (from Delhi) if they were going to interview me. I received an interview the next day.

Of course, all this would be valuable only if you are really keen to come to Babson.

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 09:56
rockyb wrote:
anaghamahajan01 wrote:
Applied on 15th Jan...
Are any more expected??

Deadlines link: http://mba.babson.edu/admissions/applyn ... table.aspx

Interviews can occur anytime up to a couple weeks prior to respective decision day. So, please factor this in when raising queries about the interview timelines.

If I were you, I would just pop in here and meet with the adcoms even if they don't send you anything. Its very rare for applicants from India to be in the US and it would serve you well to visit the school.

Anecdote: I applied in 2009 and didn't hear back for a while. I was getting impatient and knew some Babson folks were gonna be in Bangalore. So I called them and offered to travel down (from Delhi) if they were going to interview me. I received an interview the next day.

Of course, all this would be valuable only if you are really keen to come to Babson.

Thank you for the response.
I will definitely get in touch with the AdComm and try and meet up with them.
Thanks a lot for sharing your story and insight.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 06:27
Has anyone who had a R2 interview a few weeks ago heard anything?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 13:28
This post received
KUDOS
I interviewed on February 17 (Submitted January 17/Complete February 7) and just got my acceptance today.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 13:59
This post received
KUDOS
Just got my acceptance today also!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 14:43
mp17 wrote:
Just got my acceptance today also!

Congratulations!!! Thats great news!!!

And i/v tips??
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 19:41
Interview was straightforward and if you go through the more recent interview questions on accepted you will be well prepared. I would provide a link to the exact page but since my account is less than 5 days old I am unable to do so. Instead you can try the below

accepted{dotcom}/mba/interviews/AdvancedSearchResults.aspx?SourcePage=search.asp&School=20&AreaOfStudy=-1&LastXDays=9999&Gender=0&Age=-1&Score=122&Submit=Submit

Good luck
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 21:28
@mp17 and @barriosk. Congratulations to the both of you!

Are both you international applicants? and if so, are you from India?

Did you receive an email or a phone call regarding the acceptance? or was it updated on the My Babson portal?

I interviewed about two weeks back, haven't heard anything yet. Getting a bit tensed!

@mp17 when did you interview?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2011, 04:25
I am a US applicant, and I actually got an email saying that the decision would be posted on the portal the following day, but they were telling me in advance because there was an event for admitted applicants the following week.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2011, 04:43
mp17 wrote:
Interview was straightforward and if you go through the more recent interview questions on accepted you will be well prepared. I would provide a link to the exact page but since my account is less than 5 days old I am unable to do so. Instead you can try the below

accepted{dotcom}/mba/interviews/AdvancedSearchResults.aspx?SourcePage=search.asp&School=20&AreaOfStudy=-1&LastXDays=9999&Gender=0&Age=-1&Score=122&Submit=Submit

Good luck

My interviewer literally was reading off a list of questions and as mp17 said, you can find them on accepted.com.

I interviewed for BC and Babson on the same day. Fortunately, my invites came on the same week so I could schedule my interviews in one trip. One logistical thing to keep in mind. Babson is not easily accessible from the T (Boston's metrorail system). If you are planning on coming straight from the airport, make sure you have plenty of cab fare. The trip itself was relatively short but expensive. If you are also planning to do Boston College on the same day, you will probably need a cab as well. Babson does have a relationship with a cab company and my driver told me trips in between Babson and Boston College are frequent, so they know where to bring you.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants.... [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2011, 03:57
@barriosk thanks for the details

just wanted to clarify did the e-mail say decisions will be posted on the portal the following day or the following week?
Re: Calling All Babson Fall 2011 Applicants....   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2011, 03:57