Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 12:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Berkeley Haas
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2009, 11:50
I could not find much activity about the Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 program on any other thread. Starting one !!!

I submitted my application a couple of days before the R2 deadline.

Anyone out there who applied to Haas EWMBA for Fall 2009 and is now waiting to hear from them? Please collaborate here...
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2010, 13:08
Hi,

Please add me to roll call! Just submitted my app for R2 on 1/4 and got interview invite on 1/5. Will be conducting interview tomorrow. Will post review afterwards.

Good Luck everyone!

Thanks,
M
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2010, 10:53
Hi everyone,

Just got back from the interview... here's my review...

The staff is very friendly and puts you at ease so I wasn't nervous at all.
She first asked me to walk through my resume in 5-10 mins, I think I probably took about 15-20 mins but it's ok since I connected how my experience relates to Haas's emphasis on leading through innovation.
After that, she asked about my goals and why I need a MBA now to get there.
Once that was over, she asked about my personal side, hobbies and interests... I probably took 5 mins talking about my volunteering since that's the one thing that I was most passionate about but I also layered in other hobbies.
By the time I was done with that, the 30 mins was already over, but she said it was ok and allowed me to ask her questions. I probably took another 5 mins asking her about the Doing Business in China class and connecting it to the international appeal of Haas. Then asked about next steps and also how to start a club as a student.

For next steps, she told me that 2-4 members of the Admission Committee will be review the application and make a decision. She didn't provide any specific timeline so I guess I'll just march toward the Apr 2 timeframe.

By the time I got out of the interview, I had a pretty good feeling, so I guess I'm feeling satisify. Now it's all in the hands of the Admission Committee.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone!

~M
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 20:18
Good luck M.
I'm a R2 applicant and got my call for an interview today. Feb 18th.
Seems like you did really well. Who interviewed you? Can you share?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 11:58
Caroline Ahmad was my interviewer. She was very friendly and put me at ease from the beginning.
Good luck and I'm currently just counting down to 4/2.
Btw, what is everyone planning to do for the math pre-req? I'm currently taking a pre-calc class and hope to enroll in an online stats class. But I also plan to go take the test either in March or April just so I can drop my class if I pass the test.

~M
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2011, 19:28
Guys I am planning to apply in R3 for EWMBA and not sure about the Stats Waiver exam, can someone please share their experience
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 10 Jan 2011, 19:28