Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 17:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, Kellogg, Columbia, Haas, Tuck
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Private Equity
WE 3: Consulting for Portfolio Company
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 12:56
My application status now says "Invited to interview."
Intern
Intern
Schools: ST.Gallen, Haas
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 21:41
The same: invited to interview.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross 2013
WE 1: Pharmaceutical industry 5 years, C level
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 20

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 01:10
Dear Lauren,

Are you sure about the origins of the diplomas? I was sure all I need to do was just to have them during the interview.
So I need to send them directly to the university MBA program? sorry for repeating this question one more time

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 08:09
Question: Are you sure about the origins of the diplomas? I was sure all I need to do was just to have them during the interview.
So I need to send them directly to the university MBA program? sorry for repeating this question one more time.

Answer: The Haas Admissions Committee requests a copy of your official academic records when you are invited to interview. If a candidate interviews on campus, they can turn their document(s) in at the front desk of the Haas Admissions Office (not to the interviewer). If a candidate does not interview on campus, they should mail their document(s) to the Haas Admissions Office. Candidates can always check their online application status page for clarity on what documents are still needed.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 08:43
LaurenAtHaas wrote:
Question: Are you sure about the origins of the diplomas? I was sure all I need to do was just to have them during the interview.
So I need to send them directly to the university MBA program? sorry for repeating this question one more time.

Answer: The Haas Admissions Committee requests a copy of your official academic records when you are invited to interview. If a candidate interviews on campus, they can turn their document(s) in at the front desk of the Haas Admissions Office (not to the interviewer). If a candidate does not interview on campus, they should mail their document(s) to the Haas Admissions Office. Candidates can always check their online application status page for clarity on what documents are still needed.

Hi Lauren,

Will our online status be updated to show when our transcripts are received? I sent mine in about 2 weeks ago after I received my interview invitation but my status still indicates that I need to "mail in my transcript if invited to interview".

Thanks!
Current Student

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 08:44
Dudes wrote:
The same: invited to interview.

Mine changed to invited to interview and then a few days after my interview back to application under review.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 08:49
bsyde -- I got an email saying that my transcript was received.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 08:55
designstory wrote:
I had my interview on Wednesday, and I was expecting a slew of questions like rtm47, but surprisingly it was really simple:
-- Walk me through your resume and elaborate on some of the projects you've worked on.
-- What are your goals?
-- Why Haas?
-- Why should Haas want you?
-- Any questions?

Mine was more behavioral. A lot of questions like "tell me a time when you had xyz situation". (for example, used communication skills, had to convince others of an idea) A bit about my goals, and I worked in "Why Haas" into my answers, so that wasn't specifically asked.

Good luck to everybody!

Last edited by bsyde on 20 Apr 2010, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 08:56
designstory wrote:
bsyde -- I got an email saying that my transcript was received.

Thanks! Then, if I don't get that email in a few days, I'll probably double-check with them to see if they got it or if I need to have my university re-send.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 09:35
Question: Will our online status be updated to show when our transcripts are received? I sent mine in about 2 weeks ago after I received my interview invitation but my status still indicates that I need to "mail in my transcript if invited to interview".

Answer: If an applicant has sent their transcript to the Haas Admissions Committee, Ad Comm will process it as soon as it’s received and inform the applicant that no additional documents are needed. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for the documents to be processed by the office. The important thing to know is that the Admissions Committee will be in touch with the applicant when the document(s) are received and the online status will be updated.
Intern
Intern
Schools: LGO
Followers: 2

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2010, 06:20
Question for Lauren:
When is the decision expected for wait listed candidates?
Manager
Manager
Schools: DUKE class of 2014
WE 1: sales/trading

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2010, 07:48
I still have not heard anything back.. with just one week left, safe to assume i'm either ding or WL? I know they say they extend interview invites till the last minute, but looks like most people have heard back already...

anyone else out there still waiting?

DUKE MEM/MBA CLASS OF 2014

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2010, 08:09
Question: When is the decision expected for wait listed candidates?

Answer: Applicants from rounds 1 and 2 that are currently on the waitlist will have their applications reviewed after round 3 decisions have been released on April 28. These waitlist candidates can expect to hear from the Haas Admissions team by mid May.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2010, 08:18
And what about waitlisted Rd 3? By when will they hear?

Also, is it me, or is there a serious, conspicuous, palpable dearth of Rd interview invites to date? Per my previous posts, I track both BW blog and this one and compared to other schools, and seemingly even Haas Rd's 1&2, there just seems to be WAY fewer posts from Rd3 applicants who have gotten interview invites. I know, I know, the Haas blog says that invites will happen up until the 28th, but am I misperceiving this trend (aka there HAVE in fact been alot/normal amount of invites to date), OR will there be a big bump in invites between now and 28th OR are there just going to be fewer Rd3 invites in comparison to Rd1 an Rd2 - for whatever reason?

And, perhaps most importantly, can someone (anyone) please skip all the cloak and dagger and just tell me if I AM GOING TO GET IN - that would be super helpful. Thanks!

Cheers and Good luck!!!
GSR

PS and thanks to Lauren, and others who've gotten invites for sharing and contributing!!! Much Appreciated

Berkeley - Ding, no interview
UCLA - Interviewed; Admitted;
USC - No Interview; Ding
UCDavis - Interviewed; Accept/$$

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2010, 08:25
Question: And what about waitlisted Rd 3? By when will they hear?

Answer: Candidates that are waitlisted in round 3, will have their applications re-reviewed after round 4 decisions have been released on May 19. These waitlisted candidates should hear from the Admissions Committee by the end of May/early June.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2010, 08:16
Just got the call, I'm in with a half scholarship!! good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2010, 08:22
CONGRATS!!!!! :cool

rtm47 wrote:
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2010, 09:49
rtm47 wrote:

congrats! now i'm getting anxious...

for people who interviewed-- did you guys have your status change to "interview complete" or something to that effect? mine still says invited to interview... so wondering if i should ping my interviewer...
Current Student

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2010, 09:56
Congrats!
Designstory, mine changed back to "application under review" a few days later

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2010, 11:26
calihopeful, I have not heard anything yet either and feel the same as you . . . does not bode well. grickman's comment gives me some hope. Also, do you first have to be interviewed to be waitlisted?
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants   [#permalink] 22 Apr 2010, 11:26