Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 05:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 11:57
I just got my interview invite! (Round 3) I like how they write it out in the title instead of making you guess what your status change was. :P
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 12:28
Hi designstory

may I know your profile?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 37

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 12:28
designstory wrote:
I just got my interview invite! (Round 3) I like how they write it out in the title instead of making you guess what your status change was. :P

Congrats! And thanks for increasing my anxiety levels! :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 12:42
smritisharma84 wrote:
Hi designstory

may I know your profile?

If you do a search (top-right of your screen) on 'author', people have usually posted their stats in other topics. :)

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 12:45
oh.. ok! thanks :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke R1 (Admitted w/$$), Yale SOM - R2 (Admitted), HBS - R2 (Ding), Berkeley Haas - R3 (WL)

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 13:14
Did anyone else get an interview invite? I find it strange that they would only have sent out one interview invite (of all the people in GMATclub). Is Designstory messing with us?
Intern
Intern
Schools: MIT R1 WL / Booth R1 WL / Columbia R2 invt / Haas R3 sub

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 14:27
Hello Guys. One quick question: what would you say is the probability of receiving a scholarship in round 3 once you're invited to interview? Is Haas known to give scholarships? If so, what to they cover? Thanks and good luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 16:43
LetMeIn2012 wrote:
Did anyone else get an interview invite? I find it strange that they would only have sent out one interview invite (of all the people in GMATclub). Is Designstory messing with us?

Uh no, I'm not messing with you. Frankly, it would be pathetic of someone to mess with people on a forum just for kicks.

Btw, for on-site interviews, it looked like there were only the first two weeks of April available, and Mon-Thur only. I decided to fly to a city (not on-site) since there are no interviewers in my state.

My stats for those interested:
F/700/3.7 architecture & mech e/top 5 university/high-tech project manager/5 years WE
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke R1 (Admitted w/$$), Yale SOM - R2 (Admitted), HBS - R2 (Ding), Berkeley Haas - R3 (WL)

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 16:51
I apologize DesignStory! I think the anxiety is making me paranoid, this whole process is making me a little crazy!

Congratulations on your invite, good luck! Hope to see you at Haas next year!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 16:53
LetMeIn2012 wrote:
I apologize DesignStory! I think the anxiety is making me paranoid, this whole process is making me a little crazy!

Congratulations on your invite, good luck! Hope to see you at Haas next year!

No problem. I know I'm already going crazy with the waiting! I definitely wasn't expecting the invite today.

Good luck to everyone! I'm sure more invites will be rolling out soon!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 02:41
Thanks for sharing your profile and all the best for your interview! hope u do gr8! :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: MIT [ding-R1], Berkeley [SS interview-R2], Georgetown [interview-R2], Kellogg [interview-R2], NYU [R2]
WE 1: 2y Software Engineering Director
WE 2: 4y Software Engineer

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 06:40
designstory wrote:
Btw, for on-site interviews, it looked like there were only the first two weeks of April available, and Mon-Thur only. I decided to fly to a city (not on-site) since there are no interviewers in my state.

My stats for those interested:
F/700/3.7 architecture & mech e/top 5 university/high-tech project manager/5 years WE

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the interview.

Others: please post here once you have an invite. Good luck to us all!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 08:06
Hellow All Rd Applicants. I just spoke to admissions: invitations for interviews just started yesterday and will continue to go out right up until 4/28 - notification deadline. They will try to do as many as possible as fast as possible, randomly and in no particular order, but that the volume suggests that the invites really could go deep into April merely as a function of volume.

Good luck to all!

Cheers,
GSR

Berkeley - Ding, no interview
UCLA - Interviewed; Admitted;
USC - No Interview; Ding
UCDavis - Interviewed; Accept/$$

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 08:23
grickman wrote:
Hellow All Rd Applicants. I just spoke to admissions: invitations for interviews just started yesterday and will continue to go out right up until 4/28 - notification deadline. They will try to do as many as possible as fast as possible, randomly and in no particular order, but that the volume suggests that the invites really could go deep into April merely as a function of volume.

Good luck to all!

Cheers,
GSR

Thanks for the info!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2010, 05:32
This wait is killing, been over two months since I submitted the application and still haven't heard anything. :?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2010, 10:09
Hey guys,

Sorry for the off beat post, but I was wandering whether any EWMBA applicants are following this thread (the thread for EWMBA is pretty dead :) ). So here is the reason why I am posting this thread. The decisions for R2 EWMBA are supposed to be out tomorrow 2nd april. I know that full time admit applicants started receiving calls couple of days before the actual decision date. Is is also same for EWMBA? Coz i havent heard from any EWMBA applicant. If yes, then my hope is dwindling. I know the math done by many of you for full time but dont know how it may work for EWMBA. Anyone heard about calls going out for EWMBA for R2 to any of your friends or distant acquaintance?

- MM
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2010, 12:43
moneyminter wrote:
Hey guys,

Sorry for the off beat post, but I was wandering whether any EWMBA applicants are following this thread (the thread for EWMBA is pretty dead :) ). So here is the reason why I am posting this thread. The decisions for R2 EWMBA are supposed to be out tomorrow 2nd april. I know that full time admit applicants started receiving calls couple of days before the actual decision date. Is is also same for EWMBA? Coz i havent heard from any EWMBA applicant. If yes, then my hope is dwindling. I know the math done by many of you for full time but dont know how it may work for EWMBA. Anyone heard about calls going out for EWMBA for R2 to any of your friends or distant acquaintance?

- MM

I have not received a call but yes, I believe that they do call you to inform you of the decision one or two days before if you have been admitted.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2010, 12:46
madhumajurivasan wrote:
moneyminter wrote:
Hey guys,

- MM

I have not received a call but yes, I believe that they do call you to inform you of the decision one or two days before if you have been admitted.

Ahh....the wait is killing me ..anway good luck to you. let us know in case you hear anything.

- MM
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2010, 16:12
moneyminter wrote:

Ahh....the wait is killing me ..anway good luck to you. let us know in case you hear anything.

- MM

Past 5pm now, so unfortunately it looks like I have been rejected. Hope you had better luck. Did you get a call?

I think they should not make their decisions come out the day after April Fools. It is inviting bad jokes for us.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2010, 18:24
madhumajurivasan wrote:
moneyminter wrote:

- MM

Past 5pm now, so unfortunately it looks like I have been rejected. Hope you had better luck. Did you get a call?

I think they should not make their decisions come out the day after April Fools. It is inviting bad jokes for us.

No call for me too :(. I have left hopes. Anyone u knw got a call?
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants   [#permalink] 01 Apr 2010, 18:24