Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
whatnow wrote:
kelea wrote:
Have you tried logging into your account. This time in the last round, everything was updated.

yeah...nothing yet. Prob won't be long.

Just got the email...waitlist...darn.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
whatnow wrote:
whatnow wrote:
kelea wrote:
Have you tried logging into your account. This time in the last round, everything was updated.

Is there a thread for WL haas applicants? Seems like there are A LOT of us.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
whatnow wrote:
whatnow wrote:
kelea wrote:

dinged here...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Environmental Sustainability
Schools:R2: Haas (no int), SOM, Kellogg (w/ int), Ross, Sloan (no int)
 Q48  V40
Send PM
ding
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dinged here...[/quote]

Sorry to hear that, MBAtime. I was pulling for you. This is such a crappy process.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Waitlisted. Most likely I will decline it
Good luck to all

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
also on waitlist...
How is the chance that we will be admitted?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
YYYY wrote:
also on waitlist...
How is the chance that we will be admitted?

The quote below was from pg 82 of this thread....not good odds...

"To add to what emont said, the waitlist at Haas is very competitive and oversubscribed. Last year, 19 of 472 WLers eventually received an admit (4%). Calibrate your efforts accordingly"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Waitlisted. I'm going to reject it, dispite it being a dream school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Send PM
waitlisted!
N m optimistic

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone else feel like it is totally wrong of Haas to WL so many people? After 3 rounds of applications, you would think they would have a good sense of their applicant pool and could make a definitive judgement at the point (at least for most people). Is this just a way for them to increase yield and put off the hard work of being (ahem) an admissions committee? Their application was already incredibly intense and now they want all of this additional information....just crazy in my mind.

Sorry to rant, I am glad I still have a shot by being on the waitlist, I just don't like the way they handle this process compared to the other schools.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Anderson (In-Declined), GSB (Ding), Haas (In!- matriculating), Marshall (In w/ $$$ - Declined)
GPA: 3.6 Chem Eng
WE 1: 2 yr Management consulting
WE 2: 2 yr Product Management - tech
Send PM
whatnow wrote:
Anyone else feel like it is totally wrong of Haas to WL so many people? After 3 rounds of applications, you would think they would have a good sense of their applicant pool and could make a definitive judgement at the point (at least for most people). Is this just a way for them to increase yield and put off the hard work of being (ahem) an admissions committee? Their application was already incredibly intense and now they want all of this additional information....just crazy in my mind.

Sorry to rant, I am glad I still have a shot by being on the waitlist, I just don't like the way they handle this process compared to the other schools.

A large number of Haas applicants usually apply to schools like HBS, GSB, Wharton and a chunk of them get accepted to those as well. I think it's fair for the school to keep their options open. They may have waitlisted someone in R2 but found people in R3 that they thought would be better suited. With more rounds you will have more in the waitlist. I know it's a tedious process but at the end of the day, it is the school's choice.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Duke (Accepted + $), Tuck (Accepted), Wharton (WL), Haas (WL), Ross (Accepted), Yale (Accepted), Anderson (Accepted + $$$)
 Q49  V37
GPA: 3.7 from a top 5 US Engineering School
WE 1: 4.5 yrs management consulting at Top-tier firm and then at a life sciences boutique
Send PM
kelea wrote:
whatnow wrote:

A large number of Haas applicants usually apply to schools like HBS, GSB, Wharton and a chunk of them get accepted to those as well. I think it's fair for the school to keep their options open. They may have waitlisted someone in R2 but found people in R3 that they thought would be better suited. With more rounds you will have more in the waitlist. I know it's a tedious process but at the end of the day, it is the school's choice.

Agreed, but Haas like some of its peer schools (aka Ross, Tuck, Kellogg etc.) to name a few faces the same problem, but their yields out of the WL are much better. In general their yield rates overall (historically) are similar to Haas. And to add to that, Haas has a small class size, so you are only talking of filling less than 260 seats. So I feel Haas could do a better job of not putting so many ppl on the waitlist, especially if there is no chance for somebody (especially in a competitive demographic pool) to make it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kelea wrote:
whatnow wrote:

Obviously it is the school's choice, but that doesn't mean that some schools aren't less considerate than others. Compare Yale and Haas. Yale also has people who apply to HBS/GSB/etc...if they like the applicant, they accept the applicant, and if the applicant chooses HBS, so be it...thier waitlist is 1/4 the size of Haas' and I bet their natural yield (i.e. what the yield would be if haas didn't have this absurd WL policy) would be lower than that of Haas to begin with. I understand the strategy of Haas in creating a large waitlist, letting people weed themselves out based on other acceptances and true interest, and then offering the final decision....I just think it comes at the expense of the peace of mind of the waitlisted applicants, which I think is inconsiderate of the school given the fact that other schools absorb the risk in the form of lower yeild. Also, I think the amount of added information they "request", without personalization is ludicrous. I'm sure I am just bitter right now...
Current Student
Schools:Yale - Current MBA Student
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Ding. Haas would have been a great option, but I guess they (and maybe my interviewer) sensed I saw it as just that....an option I was hoping to have in my basket of potential schools....not necessarily my top choice. With my background (investment mgmt) and career goals (more investment mgmt), it's a tough sell to a program with a greater emphasis on developing people from and/or moving towards tech/entre/general mgmt/consulting. Even so, location and overall reputation were the two main reasons I applied, and from an adcom's perspective that's not exactly compelling. As it shouldn't be. Thus, to those accepted, congrats! To those waitlisted, hang tight! To all, best of luck in school and in your careers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Ding. No int, so no surprise.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1