Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU (in), INSEAD (in), Berkeley (waitlist)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Round 2 waitlisted files will be looked at AFTER April 21st. Final decisions by May 13th. Source: Adcom waitlist chat this March.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Forsports is correct. They also said they would try to get some decisions out by month's end, as they know some of us are under pressure from other parties, but can't make promises.
What is less clear to me is WHEN they started re-reviewing our materials and updates - concurrently with r3 folks, or starting from the 21st?
Such an awesome school, program and community too.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah, they'd mentioned that they'll get decisions out asap due to other schools' deposit deadlines closing in. But I don't think they start looking at our files until the 22nd - they insisted there's no difference between March 21st and April 21st w.r.t sending in your updates/reference letters.

Also, I'm guessing that R1 WL + R2 WL + R4 applicant files will be pooled together now (similar to R1 WL + R3 files pooled for R3 deadline). Not sure about this though. Link to the chat itself:

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/chat_waitl ... 23453DzZ7z
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
forsports wrote:
Yeah, they'd mentioned that they'll get decisions out asap due to other schools' deposit deadlines closing in. But I don't think they start looking at our files until the 22nd - they insisted there's no difference between March 21st and April 21st w.r.t sending in your updates/reference letters.

Also, I'm guessing that R1 WL + R2 WL + R4 applicant files will be pooled together now (similar to R1 WL + R3 files pooled for R3 deadline). Not sure about this though. Link to the chat itself:

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/chat_waitl ... 23453DzZ7z

Save for one comment in a chat where they stated that they will "review the waitlist periodically", I tend to agree with you - and it looks like we're the only two people who finecombed the chat transcript!
This is the last week of the month so we should be able to see, quite soon, just how this will go... it's cutting it very close for me in terms of other "deadlines" I have and Haas is far and away my preferred option!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools:Lot's that I shall most likely not get into
GMAT 2: 720
WE 1: Strategy Consulting
WE 2: corp finance
WE 3: Marketing
Send PM
Waitlist here too - Congrats to the admits, most likely I'm just moving to bay area any-how.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
R3 EWMBA applicant. Just got back from the on campus interview with adcom. I felt it went well- mostly.

The ad-com had a tech background so she was able to relate to me and my experience. There werent any new or out of the ordinary questions.

Only thing was i felt that she cut me off when i was telling her my Why MBA and long term goals story- it was not in a rude way but more like she understood what i was saying. I still feel i didnt say everything i wanted to.

Anyway, i want to send her a Thank You note but her business card has the general admissions email id. Can i write to this address and address it to her? Also is there a format- what should i mention etc

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Has anyone applied in R4 for EWMBA Haas?

Have you heard any news? Or updates?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
For those who couldn't make the online Rd3 Waitlist chat today, you didn't miss much. Only thing that stood out was that the adcom said this year's rd1 and rd2 yields were higher than average so they haven't taken many people from the WL. They also said that they would review the Rd3 WL after sending out decisions for the rd 4 applicants on May 25 (or 26th...cant remember).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Have WL'd applicants heard anything? We're hitting the end of the month... Have there been any patterns in the past as to 'days of the week' for calls or interviews?

Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU (in), INSEAD (in), Berkeley (waitlist)
Send PM
Haven't heard anything yet. I am not anticipating a call/status update anytime soon since they just started reviewing applications for R2 WL a week or so ago.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Haas (WL), Kellogg (matricultating), Stanford (R2, ding), Columbia (ding)
 Q36  V31 GMAT 2: 730  Q48  V42
WE 1: 3 years hotel industry sales and marketing France
WE 2: 3 years financial industry marketing UK
Send PM
for all WL candidates:

I just called the admissions office to ask for an update, because I have to pay the deposit for Kellogg tomorrow. They told me that they started to review WL candidates but will not be able to provide us with an update until about a couple of weeks... They are waiting also to know who from R3 will accept or not the spot offered, as this will influence the number of available seats. Doesn't sound like we'll hear back much before the previously communicated May 13.

Good luck to all anyway!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Another Monday, another week for Haas waitlisters... I'm under a lot of pressure from my direct boss (he asks every day) to take the retention offer he's given me, knowing all the effort I've put into Haas.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Wow, good information, nifoui. This is nerve-wracking, and will surely cause friction with my boss, as he wanted an answer last week and has only given me one more week. Were they sympathetic to your situation?

nifoui wrote:
for all WL candidates:

I just called the admissions office to ask for an update, because I have to pay the deposit for Kellogg tomorrow. They told me that they started to review WL candidates but will not be able to provide us with an update until about a couple of weeks... They are waiting also to know who from R3 will accept or not the spot offered, as this will influence the number of available seats. Doesn't sound like we'll hear back much before the previously communicated May 13.

Good luck to all anyway!!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Haas (WL), Kellogg (matricultating), Stanford (R2, ding), Columbia (ding)
 Q36  V31 GMAT 2: 730  Q48  V42
WE 1: 3 years hotel industry sales and marketing France
WE 2: 3 years financial industry marketing UK
Send PM
osbornecox wrote:
Wow, good information, nifoui. This is nerve-wracking, and will surely cause friction with my boss, as he wanted an answer last week and has only given me one more week. Were they sympathetic to your situation?

The person I spoke with did show her understanding of the situation, but she remained firm. I guess this is how they do and there is little each officer can do for us. She also reminded me to get off the WL if I no longer wish to be considered for it. I'm not ready to do that yet, depending when they come back to me and if positive, I might still go to Haas even though i'll have paid deposit somewhere else...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
For you this must be tough. At this point conventional wisdom says that one bird in the hand is better than two in the bush, but Haas is your top choice. So it's a matter of deposit money, it seems.

From the sound of it, there will be zero movement this week...

nifoui wrote:
osbornecox wrote:

The person I spoke with did show her understanding of the situation, but she remained firm. I guess this is how they do and there is little each officer can do for us. She also reminded me to get off the WL if I no longer wish to be considered for it. I'm not ready to do that yet, depending when they come back to me and if positive, I might still go to Haas even though i'll have paid deposit somewhere else...

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Send PM
Email from the adcom:

"On April 25, we held an online chat with waitlisted applicants and received many excellent questions about the waitlist process. If you would like to download and read the transcript of the chat, please click https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/chat_waitl ... e40a49Ikdy

Round 3 waitlist candidates will be reviewed again after we have released Round 4 decisions. We will provide a status update to all waitlisted candidates on or before June 15. Please remember that if you wish to add materials to your application, you should do so before May 26.

Thank you for your continuing interest in the Berkeley MBA."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R2 Waitlist dinged today (got an e-mail).

What a waste of time! 480 on WL for a 240-strong class - must be kidding me. At least it's done with now.

Good luck to the rest of you.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts