Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GPA: 3.6
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [9]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72874 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
dustwun wrote:
jlgdr wrote:
Certainly Booth without $$$ looks very unnappealing...

Posted from my mobile device

Child: Mama, where do Booth-haters come from?
Mother: Well child, they start out as thread-masters...

Looks like rejection and stress are doing their evil job :cry:
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
amba2013 wrote:
Waitlisted! Is there a thread for Waitlist applicants?

Here are the links of threads for Admitted and Waitlisted Applicants.
Booth Class of 2017 - Calling all Admitted Students
Booth Class of 2017 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!

Congrats to all admitted students and good luck to waitlisted!

Here is admit/ding summary. (based on profile updates)
Total Applicants: 341
Admitted: 52
Waitlisted: 25
Denied: 37
Unknown Decisions: 227

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to everyone who was just accepted by Booth. For everyone who is planning to apply in later round, you may be interested in the Booth acceptance rate analysis I just finished so you have a rough idea of your chances. Best of luck with your applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
ConsultingOrBust wrote:
Congrats to everyone who was just accepted by Booth. For everyone who is planning to apply in later round, you may be interested in the Booth acceptance rate analysis I just finished so you have a rough idea of your chances. Best of luck with your applications.

Very cool work. Perhaps nothing too groundshaking from a "general knowledge" standpoint, but it's still great to have numbers behind it. What was the source for your data and the sample size?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
QiuYidio wrote:
ConsultingOrBust wrote:

Very cool work. Perhaps nothing too groundshaking from a "general knowledge" standpoint, but it's still great to have numbers behind it. What was the source for your data and the sample size?

The source of the data is the past three years of application data from GMAT Club. For Booth the sample size is 1,336, so it is statistically significant.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: SBSP: A Foundation for Success

As the New Year approaches and I look back on my time at Booth, several highlights come to mind. However, out of each of the wonderful experiences I’ve had this year; one has impacted me the most and stayed with me the longest: Chicago Booth’s Summer Business Scholars Program (SBSP).

This three-week immersive business program takes place each year in July. It’s built specifically to enable undergraduate students to develop or refine core business skills while getting a window into life as an MBA student.

The Life of the Mind

As a Scholar, you will experience Booth from the student perspective.
You’ll take classes in the Harper Center, participate in workshops that will examine different styles of leadership and explore your personal and professional goals. You’ll not only sit where our MBA students sit, you’ll experience the signature Chicago Approach to management education that our school is known for.

Putting Thought into Practice

One of the most exciting aspects of SBSP is the chance to visit the Chicago offices of some of the world’s most renowned companies.  Scholars have toured GrubHub, an internet start-up founded by Chicago Booth alum Matt Maloney, and were able to see how an idea can be transformed into a publicly traded company.

A Strong Community

While our classes and programs are a major part of the SBSP experience, it’s our excellent community of scholars that makes the program a highlight of our year. All students live in the heart of Chicago’s downtown where they will work, learn, and explore the city together.

Learn More and Apply

SBSP is an opportunity to explore the many paths that a career in business can take you, while also helping you discover what your next academic or professional step might be. The application for SBSP is open and can be accessed through our website. Visit there to apply, read information on admissions requirements, application dates, and hear what our program graduates have to say about their experience.

We’re on Facebook so follow us to learn more and as always, contact us with any questions you have at sbsp@lists.ChicagoBooth.edu. Members of our team have visited a number of undergraduate institutions to talk about SBSP; let us know if you are interested in having us come to yours!

Best,

Glenn
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Question for R1 successful admits: Did anyone write an essay (prose, not poetry, and without pictures - just your typical b-school essay!) for the open-ended prompt? If so, how many words was it?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
ynmbana wrote:
I had my interview last Friday (Oct 31st). It was off campus. Questions he asked me were:
- Resume specific (like why did I pick my undergrad school, my career path, what my work function is, etc) a huge chunk of time was spent here.
- What do I find challenging about my job? OK this kind of stumped me for a while since he said he wasn't 'convinced' that the answer I gave was challenging enough. We also spent a bit of time discussing this
- What are my STGs and LTGs?
- Why MBA? Why now?
- Why Booth?
- What classes do I plan to take?
- What is my greatest professional failure?
- Any questions for him?

The interview took an hour more or less. But I honestly found it tough because I had a hard time connecting with him. I talked a lot about social impact, because that's really my story, but he didn't seem to be interested in that. He also kept grilling me on all my answers (he kept pushing back on my answers and asking 'why' more times than I can count). So different from the interview I had with Kellogg. I handled it the best way I could though. I only hope he had a good impression of me. :|

Oh! And the interview was supposed to be at 5, but he pushed it back to 5:45, but then he couldn't get out of a meeting so he had me go back to his office at 9 pm (!)

Read your post now. Congrats on acceptance. :)
Did you finally interview in Singapore?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
In for round 2, best of luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Fosterizer wrote:
Question for R1 successful admits: Did anyone write an essay (prose, not poetry, and without pictures - just your typical b-school essay!) for the open-ended prompt? If so, how many words was it?

Yes, I wrote an essay, while my fiance did the powerpoint (we both got in). My essay was around 750 words or so
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
I am running a little late for the applications. Is there a deadline "time" on the 6th?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
pway wrote:
I am running a little late for the applications. Is there a deadline "time" on the 6th?

Your application must be submitted by 5 p.m. (CST/Chicago time) on the day of the deadline in order to be considered for a particular application round. This includes receipt of all required online and mailed-in materials. Applications submitted after a deadline will automatically be considered in the next round, provided that all required materials are included with the application.

https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/fu ... ions/apply
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
FurrowedBrow wrote:
pway wrote:

Your application must be submitted by 5 p.m. (CST/Chicago time) on the day of the deadline in order to be considered for a particular application round. This includes receipt of all required online and mailed-in materials. Applications submitted after a deadline will automatically be considered in the next round, provided that all required materials are included with the application.

https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/fu ... ions/apply

Thank you!! Don't know how I missed that on the website..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.09
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the Booth admissions website? I keep getting errors when trying to edit sections and one of my recommenders has not received the emailed link.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
lottohedgefund wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble with the Booth admissions website? I keep getting errors when trying to edit sections and one of my recommenders has not received the emailed link.

I had the same issue with the recommendation request. Had to go with a personal email instead and it worked.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
johoyo wrote:
lottohedgefund wrote:

I had the same issue with the recommendation request. Had to go with a personal email instead and it worked.

I'm having trouble with updating information and uploading files. I had to try multiple times to get it to work (but still don't trust it!)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Submitted at 3AM. Good luck you guys!

For the record, I didn't have any issues with uploading docs or editing information for the past few hours.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts