Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:21 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.55
WE:Asset Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.81
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Correct, you must scan an official transcript.

You may not fill out an excel spreadsheet of your grades and submit that. If admitted you will also have to send a sealed official transcript from your school as well.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.81
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Run4Fun wrote:
Correct, you must scan an official transcript.

You may not fill out an excel spreadsheet of your grades and submit that. If admitted you will also have to send a sealed official transcript from your school as well.

Posted from my mobile device

Gotcha, thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

Got a question about interview date ranges. Based on previous years time frame, approximately when does Booth give out interview invites and what is the time period for conducting the interview? I'm based in Asia but might be able to make a trip out to US sometime in late Oct or all of Nov so would like to try to schedule around same time Booth conducts interviews if given an invite.

Can anyone who interviewed last year chime in? thanks and good luck to everyone!

*Edit after reading through last years forum, here are the dates for last year.

R1 app deadline: Oct 3, 2013
Interview Invites: Oct 28 - Nov 1 (about 3.5 weeks after app deadline)
Interview Dates: Nov 6 - 23 (starting 5 days to about 3 weeks from last date of invite)

Based on similar time line the decisions should go out around.. week of 10/20 - 24, and then the interview date range would be around 10/29 to 11/15

is that reasonable estimation?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
homeone wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Got a question about interview date ranges. Based on previous years time frame, approximately when does Booth give out interview invites and what is the time period for conducting the interview? I'm based in Asia but might be able to make a trip out to US sometime in late Oct or all of Nov so would like to try to schedule around same time Booth conducts interviews if given an invite.

Can anyone who interviewed last year chime in? thanks and good luck to everyone!

Interview Dates: Nov 6 - 23 (starting 5 days to about 3 weeks from last date of invite)

Based on similar time line the decisions should go out around.. week of 10/20 - 24, and then the interview date range would be around 10/29 to 11/15

Sounds reasonable to me. On an unrelated note I noticed the number of schools you are applying to, wow! I thought I was applying to a lot! :) Best of luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Run4Fun wrote:
homeone wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Sounds reasonable to me. On an unrelated note I noticed the number of schools you are applying to, wow! I thought I was applying to a lot! :) Best of luck to you!

haha only about 4-5 are R1 and the rest i sort of just listed as possible R2 targets, depending on my R1 outcomes. realistically i'll probably apply to 6 or 7 schools total. looking to try to schedule any or all R1 interviews on campus if possible which would be a trip back to states to tackle them all at once. hopefully i'll get an invite or two. good luck on your apps as well!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any insider information on when Booth Live events will be hosted this fall? I am anxious to visit campus and would love to do it in conjunction with a Live event.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
In for R1. I have no idea how to approach the essay/presentation question though. I am thinking of recycling my HBS essay. What do you guys think?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Consulting (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Thanks for the info. session earlier today in NYC..:)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: The 2014-15 Application

As our team travels the globe to host Admissions Events, we look forward to the opportunity to meet you and answer your questions in person. One of the most frequent topics we’ve addressed this year is the 2014-15 application essay prompt. Since we know that many of you are beginning to prepare your application materials, we thought it would be beneficial to address some of the common questions that come up and allow for additional discussion in the comments below.

Do you prefer an essay or a presentation?

It makes no difference to us – choose the format that showcases your story in a way that feels most natural to you.

How long should I make the essay/presentation?  

We’ve purposefully removed length or slide limitations this year to give applicants the freedom to do exactly what they wish with the format.  You have the ability to create a response without the pressure of a specified length or space to tell your story. That said, use your best judgment and be mindful that many people will be reading your submission.

Is there a best or preferred approach in either format?

The best approach is to be genuine and insightful. The purpose of this question is to provide a venue for us to better understand you and your candidacy. It’s in recognition of that fact that you are much more than your academic record or work history alone.

Should I limit my response to professional stories?

You can include professional information, personal stories and information, or both. Remember, we are trying to gain a deeper understanding of who you are, so it’s really up to you and the story you want to tell us.

What advice do you have regarding this question?

Take the time to reflect on your candidacy and exactly what you want us to know about you. Remember there is no “right” answer, so we really encourage you to have fun with it!

We’d love to hear more of your thoughts around this. Feel free to post any questions in the comments section, join us for the Live Twitter Chat on September 9, or talk to us in person at one of our upcoming information sessions. 

Good luck,

Carrie
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2391 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Hey guys,

Any experience with the Booth Live event versus attending a full class visit? Which one do you think its better to attend?

I find that they overlap a bit in some of the events but I'm not too sure what they mean with 'Faculty discussion' in the Live Event. Are we going to be able to attend a class or what does this mean?

I guess is its not a real class you're attending point for the Full Time Class Visit but just wanted to confirm what your thoughts were and whether you planned to attend one over the other to make a better decision and gain more insight about the Booth experience

Thanks!

Cheers
J :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Submitted for round 1! 8-)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2391 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
jlgdr wrote:
Hey guys,

Any experience with the Booth Live event versus attending a full class visit? Which one do you think its better to attend?

I find that they overlap a bit in some of the events but I'm not too sure what they mean with 'Faculty discussion' in the Live Event. Are we going to be able to attend a class or what does this mean?

I guess is its not a real class you're attending point for the Full Time Class Visit but just wanted to confirm what your thoughts were and whether you planned to attend one over the other to make a better decision and gain more insight about the Booth experience

Thanks!

Cheers
J :)

Bumping!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hello All

This is a Boothie here from Class of 2016. Would love to answer any questions you may have for the application process as I've benefited from the forum as well as an applicant. Fire away with any questions you may have....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
boothie2016 wrote:
Hello All

This is a Boothie here from Class of 2016. Would love to answer any questions you may have for the application process as I've benefited from the forum as well as an applicant. Fire away with any questions you may have....

Thanks Boothie! Any advice on how to tackle Booth's presentation/essay, especially considering that it is the only required essay this year?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
masoy wrote:
In for R1. I have no idea how to approach the essay/presentation question though. I am thinking of recycling my HBS essay. What do you guys think?

I had kept it a bit informal. I think Booth likes a bit of creativity in this question, so I had highlighted my love for words, since writing is my hobby. Further, I tried to link it with my background, experiences and goals. It seemed to work for me last year.

Thanks,
Abhishek
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
homeone wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'd interviewed last year for Booth. Your estimate seems reasonable. I had a different case though - I was in a remote location, so I had requested for a virtual interview. They were happy with it. All US schools I interviewed (Wharton, Kellogg and Booth) were happy with virtual interviews but the European ones (LBS and INSEAD) didn't budge. I had to fly out to 2 different countries!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.55
WE:Asset Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Dear friends,

I am currently drafting my essay. What length do you think is appropriate? /taking consideration about being yourself, everyone is different etc .../

Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts