Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 06:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
WE 1: 8 yrs in Software, R&D
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2011, 23:08
treehugger wrote:
Did anyone apply for their non profit MBA? I am planning to apply for the March 14th deadline.

I am an Indian and they insist on the TOEFL. I havent taken TOEFL yet, do you think I can take it after the deadline? I am here in the US now and working here.

Does anyone know about that??

I inquired with them before applying.
They said, "you apply, and then request for TOEFL waiver"

I did exactly that. I got an interview call too. But, I am "waitlisted" now :(
Manager
Manager
Schools: Yale SOM,Stern,LBS,Vanderbilt
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 10

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2011, 23:14
Oh OK..great! Any tips on the essays and applications??

congrats on the waitlist..atleast they still consider you!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2011, 12:59
got accepted with $$. Wont join BU this year. Good luck wailisters.

Last edited by JohnLock on 11 Mar 2011, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Management Consulting 2 years
WE 2: Software development 6 months

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2011, 13:05
Congratulations!!!!
were you put on a waitlist? when did you apply and when was your interview? Could you please share your profile with us? Thanks buddy.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2011, 13:16
rodivu wrote:
Congratulations!!!!
were you put on a waitlist? when did you apply and when was your interview? Could you please share your profile with us? Thanks buddy.

Got call on Feb 11. R2 applicant. M/29/US. GMAT 700/MS Engg/GPA 3.5/WE 4.5
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2011, 14:05
Is there anyone who applied for the non-profit MBA? I am applying today.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 157

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2011, 09:00
I have a question to fellow BU applicants

Do we need to send the GMAT and TOEFL scores before application submission. It says on the website that only admitted students need to send their score reports.

Thank you.

If you found the reply to be helpful, give kudos.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (ding r2), BU (in with ££ and have accepted offer), Minnesota Carlson (in with ££), Purdue Krannert
WE 1: 5 years newspaper strategy/research

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2011, 05:53
Anybody from round 3 had an admission decision yet?

Also - do you know if successful applicants find out about scholarships when they receive a decision?

Thanks

Olivia
Intern
Intern
WE 1: 6 months public health research
WE 2: 1.5 years research associate

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 09:08
Hi,

I am a round 3 app and I got my call from admissions re: my acceptance on 3/16 :-D

I had emailed my interviewer a few days earlier, and she had said I could expect a decision by 3/25 - needless to say I was happy to hear a week earlier!

You are notified of your scholarship award at the same time.

Good luck to everyone in Round 3!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Sloan (R1), Kellogg (R2), Tepper (in with $$), BU (R3 int)
WE 1: 6 yrs

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 11:26
xavlu02 wrote:
Hi,

I am a round 3 app and I got my call from admissions re: my acceptance on 3/16 :-D

I had emailed my interviewer a few days earlier, and she had said I could expect a decision by 3/25 - needless to say I was happy to hear a week earlier!

Congrats! And I really hope they release decisions by 3/25!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (ding r2), BU (in with ££ and have accepted offer), Minnesota Carlson (in with ££), Purdue Krannert

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 12:31
In with ££ :-)

Now I have to figure out if I can afford it!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 13:59
Me too, Olive!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 22:24
xavlu02 wrote:
Hi,

Round 3?? I applied on March 14th too, i believe thats R3? I still havent got an interview call or any kind of correspondence from BU. Is it normal? How long after you submit the application does the interview call come?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 10:12
Hi treehugger,

If you applied on 3/14, then I wouldn't worry. I had applied at the end of January, interviewed in mid-Feb and was accepted a week ago.

They are still interviewing and I think final admits go out by 4/14 (according to the website).

Best of luck!

Any one else in for health sector management?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 10:19
xavlu02 wrote:
Hi treehugger,

If you applied on 3/14, then I wouldn't worry. I had applied at the end of January, interviewed in mid-Feb and was accepted a week ago.

They are still interviewing and I think final admits go out by 4/14 (according to the website).

Best of luck!

Thanks. BU and Olin are my only chances of graduate education now :( And i am eagerly waiting for interview invites form both!

Typically how long after you submit does it take for an interview invite from BU?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 13:53
treehugger wrote:
xavlu02 wrote:
Hi treehugger,

Best of luck!

Thanks. BU and Olin are my only chances of graduate education now :( And i am eagerly waiting for interview invites form both!

Typically how long after you submit does it take for an interview invite from BU?

I got my interview invite within a week of submitting my application. BU moves pretty fast.

Help find a cure for cancer and save lives!

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 09:13
Does anyone know if someone's set up a Google group or admits thread? (I can't find one.....)
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS, Wharton, Yale SOM, MIT Sloan

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 06:59
Congrats to everyone accepted! Does BU typically sent out acceptance BEFORE their stated deadline? or on that deadline day?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 07:14
tucrew1011 wrote:
Congrats to everyone accepted! Does BU typically sent out acceptance BEFORE their stated deadline? or on that deadline day?

It was on deadline day and pretty late that day
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2011, 07:50
Did anyone apply in R3? I submitted my application on 14 March and have not received any update from the adcom. The notification date for R3 is 15 April.
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps   [#permalink] 06 Apr 2011, 07:50