Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 02:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (ding r2), BU (in with ££ and have accepted offer), Minnesota Carlson (in with ££), Purdue Krannert
WE 1: 5 years newspaper strategy/research
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2011, 08:06
I did. I heard quite early but only because I specifically asked to hear early - I had to let another school know by the 15th.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 05:25
Just got the call on Friday. I'm in with scholarship money. I'm a round 3 applicant. Decisions are definitely going out early. Received a call from admissions and an email.

Question, did any other admits receive an email from the Dean of the business
school also? Just curious.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 08:49
cauxion wrote:
Just got the call on Friday. I'm in with scholarship money. I'm a round 3 applicant. Decisions are definitely going out early. Received a call from admissions and an email.

Question, did any other admits receive an email from the Dean of the business
school also? Just curious.

I'm a R3 applicant too who got the email on Saturday. I'm international so i figure they don't make overseas calls. Would it be ok to ask how much scholarship money you got? My email came from an Admission Director - not the dean. You probably got the Dean's scholarship which would explain why the email came from him/her.

They said they'll send out my admissions package this week. My email mentioned nothing about funding/scholarship. Did yours? My decision to attend would hinge on getting considerable funding from BU
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 08:57
xavlu02 wrote:
Hi,

I am a round 3 app and I got my call from admissions re: my acceptance on 3/16 :-D

I had emailed my interviewer a few days earlier, and she had said I could expect a decision by 3/25 - needless to say I was happy to hear a week earlier!

You are notified of your scholarship award at the same time.

Good luck to everyone in Round 3!

I'm international and received an email about my admission for R3. i figure they don't call overseas. i expect to receive the formal package later this week. Did they mention your scholarship over the phone or in the email?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 09:26
Well, I got an email from admissions on Friday, then the phone call soon after. Got an email from the dean last night. Anyway, I didn't get much money, about $10k a year.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 09:29
cauxion wrote:
Well, I got an email from admissions on Friday, then the phone call soon after. Got an email from the dean last night. Anyway, I didn't get much money, about $10k a year.

Thanks! Did you get notified of the scholarship in the initial email or the one from the dean?
Will you be attending? Sorry for playing 20 questions!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (ding r2), BU (in with ££ and have accepted offer), Minnesota Carlson (in with ££), Purdue Krannert
WE 1: 5 years newspaper strategy/research

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 10:32
Just to chip in- I found out about my deans scholarship on an initial email...

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 12:56
Did anyone from R3 for MS-MBA hear anything yet?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 20:36
samsalmanu wrote:
Did anyone from R3 for MS-MBA hear anything yet?

I fot into the MS-MBA program in R3. Found out on Friday,
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2011, 18:58
Did anyone in waiting list receive any update from BU? I was put in WL in R2 and not any update yet. I am an intenational applicant.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2011, 07:07
I got W/L from R3. Anyone know what the chances are and how many people are typically w/l-ed?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2011, 12:05
Rejected! R3, 710 GMAT, 2.7 undergrad GPA in engineering (or I supposed dinged seems to be the appropriate word here). Was likely to take another offer regardless, but still sort of a bummer...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2011, 09:44
BU vs Babson

I received admit from BU. Still hard to choose between BU or Babson. Can anyone please comment based on their research, experiences or based on first hand discussions with friends who actually have experiences with both of these programs?

- samak

Last edited by makmba on 04 Jul 2011, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2011, 04:13
Hello, I have been accepted to BU and will be joining the program in August. I am currently looking for the roommates. I could not find an online community to meet my future classmates, am i missing something?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 14:29
Does BU give feedback on applications?
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2012, 14:29