Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 06:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 11:40
Yeah..i received the interview invite too.

mhla82: what program did you apply for? and what interview option did you choose?

Two great challenges: 1. Guts to Fail and 2. Fear to Succeed

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2011, 07:55
Had my interview today...it lasted less than 20 mins!!! :cry: :cry:
and about half of that time was spent me asking her qs!!!!! :cry:
Anybody else who got interviewed??
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 14

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2011, 03:40
ram85 wrote:
Had my interview today...it lasted less than 20 mins!!! :cry: :cry:
and about half of that time was spent me asking her qs!!!!! :cry:
Anybody else who got interviewed??

mine was pretty straightforward- around 30-35 mins. phone interview.

why mba?
goals?
leadership?
teamwork?
also the ethics question (briefly went over the essay...)

and my questions-

nothing out of ordinary, quite fun to talk to she was-

all the best-
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Management Consulting 2 years
WE 2: Software development 6 months

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 10:29
hey e1,

I am in R2 too.... got an interview invite couple of days after i submitted my app
Intern
Intern
Schools: MIT, BC, Babson, HBS

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 11:16
Just got mine this Tuesday. Scheduled interview next week before I leave Boston... perfect timing! I got the last seat before next Friday. As some you can see in their system, BU really has a lot of interviews...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 11:21
BU is my last hope....seeing so many invites after my disappointing performance is kinda heart wrecking.....neways all the best fr ur interviews....
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 11:21
yyee11 wrote:
Just got mine this Tuesday. Scheduled interview next week before I leave Boston... perfect timing! I got the last seat before next Friday. As some you can see in their system, BU really has a lot of interviews...

yeah they do- that's one of the best parts of being a small-sized program. they have the chance to get to know almost every applicant in an utmost unbiased fashion...
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 11:23
ram85 wrote:
BU is my last hope....seeing so many invites after my disappointing performance is kinda heart wrecking.....neways all the best fr ur interviews....

buddy, you never know how your performance was unless you get to see the other 100s of interviews. every applicant is a single case and it really might not matter in the end if your performance was disappointing- I have heard a lot of people who got rejected with perfect/fun interviews and people who got in with awful experiences...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 11:26
widerangeinput wrote:
ram85 wrote:

buddy, you never know how your performance was unless you get to see the other 100s of interviews. every applicant is a single case and it really might not matter in the end if your performance was disappointing-

Hmmm...one thng surprises me though...my answers were nt earth shattering but they wr pretty ok...standard answers for expected qs...but the interviewer said she's done after like 15 mins...I dono wat changed coz at the begining she said the interview might go on for 30 mins....
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 11:31
ram85 wrote:
widerangeinput wrote:
ram85 wrote:

buddy, you never know how your performance was unless you get to see the other 100s of interviews. every applicant is a single case and it really might not matter in the end if your performance was disappointing-

Hmmm...one thng surprises me though...my answers were nt earth shattering but they wr pretty ok...standard answers for expected qs...but the interviewer said she's done after like 15 mins...I dono wat changed coz at the begining she said the interview might go on for 30 mins....

maybe while sending him/her a thank you note, you can reiterate/mention a few points that you haven't been able to talk about or have not even come up during the interview- i.e. make up for the other 15 minutes! very briefly of course, not like an essay needless to say! just my 2 cents...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 11:47
Hmmm...one thng surprises me though...my answers were nt earth shattering but they wr pretty ok...standard answers for expected qs...but the interviewer said she's done after like 15 mins...I dono wat changed coz at the begining she said the interview might go on for 30 mins....[/quote]

maybe while sending him/her a thank you note, you can reiterate/mention a few points that you haven't been able to talk about or have not even come up during the interview- i.e. make up for the other 15 minutes! very briefly of course, not like an essay needless to say! just my 2 cents...[/quote]
I did exactly that! lets just hope n pray it wrks out to smthng...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 09:32
I got an interview invite and decided to do a phone interview. Does anyone know if it would be better if I did an off-campus interview? Also, for those who have applied, what kind of questions should I prepare for.

Thanks

Help find a cure for cancer and save lives!

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 13:05
smidgett16 wrote:
I got an interview invite and decided to do a phone interview. Does anyone know if it would be better if I did an off-campus interview? Also, for those who have applied, what kind of questions should I prepare for.

Thanks

re-quoting myself from above:
mine was pretty straightforward- around 30-35 mins. phone interview.

why mba?
goals?
leadership?
teamwork?
also the ethics question (briefly went over the essay...)

and my questions-

nothing out of ordinary, quite fun to talk to she was-
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 13:06
roll call updated-
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GPA: 3.2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2011, 11:01
I was interviewed on 14th Jan by Johanna for my international mba application. I feel i did my best except a few hiccups in between.

When can we expect the results to be out? Has anyone who applied for 2nd round received their admits??

Two great challenges: 1. Guts to Fail and 2. Fear to Succeed

USC 2011 Thread Master
Schools: USC Marshall $$, BU $$, UCLA
WE 1: 5 years
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 12:17
smidgett16 wrote:

Thanks

Well just my 2 cents ... depends on how serious you are about BU ... you should do a in person interview. just shows more interest. this is all taking into account on how easy it is to for you to take a in person interview. If it is very difficult definitely the school will not take that as a bad point.

It was quite difficult for me - I live in south Dakota but I decided to do a on campus interview for round 1.I got accepted with $$ in round 1. I will mostly be attending BU this fall.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 14:46
I live in San Diego, California and flying to do an on-campus interview would be difficult. Additionally, I have already visited campus and talked to current students and adcom at two MBA events. They had off-campus interviews in LA this week, but I could not make it.

Help find a cure for cancer and save lives!

Manager
Manager
Schools: Fuqua (Accepted), Ross (Dinged), Haas (Dinged), Goizueta (Accepted), Boston University (Accepted), USC Marshall (Accepted)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2011, 09:43
Had my interview over Skype this evening. Wasn't bad, but lasted less than twenty minutes, which is sorta freaking me out. :-|
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2011, 10:51
bkwrm24 wrote:
Had my interview over Skype this evening. Wasn't bad, but lasted less than twenty minutes, which is sorta freaking me out. :-|

Not sure whether our shallow BU page here is enough evidence yet BU admissions seems to tend towards keeping the interviews a little bit short (<30 mins.) this year-
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2011, 10:56
widerangeinput wrote:
bkwrm24 wrote:

Not sure whether our shallow BU page here is enough evidence yet BU admissions seems to tend towards keeping the interviews a little bit short (<30 mins.) this year-

I am from India too & my interview was also less than 20 mins...the interviewer spent most of the time head down taking notes & asked me only standard qs (why mba, why boston etc)...
Stark contrast to CMU tepper where I had a lengthy discussion on topics like obama's visit to india, naxals in india etc etc....another matter that they still waitlisted me!! ;)
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps   [#permalink] 25 Jan 2011, 10:56