Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 05:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA, USC, NYU
WE 1: 5 Years, Entertainment and Technology
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2011, 11:27
My experience interviewing last week in LA was fairly similar. I met with a member of adcom at an MBA fair in LA. He asked me lots of straightforward behavioral questions and it felt like it lasted maybe 20-30 minutes. He spent a while focusing on questions like why BU, etc. Overall it was a pretty standard interview. Can't wait to hear back in Feb
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GPA: 3.2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 17:24
Has anyone got admission decision from BU for Round II ? Pls let me know!

Two great challenges: 1. Guts to Fail and 2. Fear to Succeed

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 17:26
The lady I interviewed with told me that the decisions won't be available until Feb. 11th.

Help find a cure for cancer and save lives!

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 17:27
Oh..I was told by my interviewer that they would start giving admission letters to students starting Jan 31 till Feb 11. Tensed!

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2011, 20:46
For those who did a phone interview, did anybody get their interviewer's info to send a thank you after the interview? It slipped my mind to ask for an email, so I couldn't send a thank you.

Also, does anybody know when we are supposed to turn in our official transcripts? I received an email that said that they can render a decision, but will they release the decision without the official transcript? I know other schools who have said they can render a decision, but will not release their decision until they receive official transcripts.

Help find a cure for cancer and save lives!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2011, 21:00
smidgett16 wrote:
For those who did a phone interview, did anybody get their interviewer's info to send a thank you after the interview? It slipped my mind to ask for an email, so I couldn't send a thank you.

Also, does anybody know when we are supposed to turn in our official transcripts? I received an email that said that they can render a decision, but will they release the decision without the official transcript? I know other schools who have said they can render a decision, but will not release their decision until they receive official transcripts.

Cannot answer your first question, as mine was in person and I received a business card.

As far as official transcript, I am accepted and sent in my deposit, but still have yet to have been asked for the official transcript. So, don't worry, it's not going to affect the decision.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: Fuqua (Accepted), Ross (Dinged), Haas (Dinged), Goizueta (Accepted), Boston University (Accepted), USC Marshall (Accepted)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2011, 21:37
smidgett16 wrote:

Yep, mine was over Skype, but she gave me her email address.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 14

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2011, 23:27
smidgett16 wrote:

@e-mail: I bet you can find it online, somehow- if, of course, it's not too late by now.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2011, 10:47
Just asking out of curiosity, I did not ask for the interviewer's email address. Will it affect the admission decision in any way??

Just waiting for the calendar to turn Feb 11. Tensed!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2011, 10:50
raghavakumar85 wrote:
Just asking out of curiosity, I did not ask for the interviewer's email address. Will it affect the admission decision in any way??

Hi raghav...i too applied for R2 n tensed abt feb 11!!!
sending a thank you note is a gud idea but by no stretch of imagination can it affect ur decision...in fact m nt even sure if asking for mail id is a gud idea if they dnt provide the same pro actively....
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2011, 10:53
Yeah true. In my case, i sent a folloup mail to the admission committee email address that is addressed to my interviewer. Don't know if it had worked :)

It would be good if they start giving admission decisions from monday onwards. #hope

USC 2011 Thread Master
Schools: USC Marshall $$, BU $$, UCLA
WE 1: 5 years

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2011, 14:02
raghavakumar85 wrote:

I don't think it matters a great extent, because I interviewed with two schools and I did not send thank you note .. just forgot ... two times :shock: but I got admission to both the schools. Don't sweat on that.

Good Luck for your result. I hope it works for you,
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2011, 16:18
Got my admission Decision for the International MBA. It's WAITLISTED!

Someone who got selected, pls reject the offer and choose a better one!! I want to get in :( :(

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2011, 18:28
raghavakumar85 wrote:

Someone who got selected, pls reject the offer and choose a better one!! I want to get in :( :(

Sorry to hear that. I know of someone who was accepted to the IMBA and is waiting to hear back from other schools. So, I would not lose hope.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2011, 19:03
Thanks for the moral support!.. I hope your frd gets into the school he wants.. For good/ bad i kept all hopes on this program. Now it's fate.. I know it's philosophical..but i need to wait now..no other choice..!

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2011, 09:11
raghavakumar85 wrote:

WOW!!! you got the admission result so soon!!!!
Can nebody tell me if waitlisted & selected candidates are informed before rejected candidates???
I applied for R2 too & still have nt got a decision from them....getting tensed!!!!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 14

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2011, 13:45
Roll Call Updated- waiting for the 11th. Best of luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2011, 10:25
I applied R2 and I still havent been invited for an interview...that probably means I'm not going to get one, right?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2011, 13:40
Any calls today? It's almost 5p
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Management Consulting 2 years
WE 2: Software development 6 months

Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2011, 22:22
Hi All,

I applied for the R2 and had my interview on 3rd. Still waiting for the results.
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps   [#permalink] 09 Feb 2011, 22:22