Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 07:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
avatar
Affiliations: CBS '13
Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 291
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2010, 20:12
MBAEssay wrote:
One of my clients received call for interview for his J-Term application. However, it is just the start and you still have a long way to go before losing your hopes.


They gave out invites over the phone? I thought they would update the status online first.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 71
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2010, 20:30
Count in me for ED!

Good luck all.


Roll Call Updated
Retired Moderator
avatar
Status: Darden Class of 2013
Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 1838
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 37

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2010, 21:25
hazay wrote:
hazay wrote:
Submission is complete with LORs - I would forecast 3 weeks to send an interview invite (my profile is a no-brainer, no one to be compared with, it s a yes/no decision) , and the final acceptation (hopefully) before the end of the World Cup :-D


3 weeks indeed :-D

But the interview application website is under maintenance for the last 5-6 hours, I cannot login... :cry:

Patience...


congrats hazay
let us know how it goes :-D
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 41
Location: London
Schools: LBS
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2010, 21:59
WhoDat wrote:
HBS2011 wrote:


HBS2011.. Can I ask when you submitted your app? Thanks. Also applying Jterm and hoping its more like 8 weeks after its submitted vs 'went under review'..

Thanks


Very early once the app went live.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 107
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2010, 01:54
Hi Guys,

I understand the deadline for ED is Oct 6th. Are there any differences in chances if i apply on the Oct 6th and if i apply earliar, say middle of August?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2010, 04:43
HBS2011 wrote:

also got interviewed but for j Term. How long will it take for them to make a decision? Im hoping betweeen 1-3 weeks?


Took mine 28 days after it went completed.

hazay wrote:
hazay wrote:
Submission is complete with LORs - I would forecast 3 weeks to send an interview invite (my profile is a no-brainer, no one to be compared with, it s a yes/no decision) , and the final acceptation (hopefully) before the end of the World Cup :-D


3 weeks indeed :-D

But the interview application website is under maintenance for the last 5-6 hours, I cannot login... :cry:

Patience...


Cool! And actually I checked my last and took 3 and a half week to get one, so you were right... 8-)

Now I am starting to feel some pressure, though I'm not supposed to have any interview I am feeling I should get a feedback anytime in the next two weeks... :roll:
_________________

Frangar non flectar.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2010, 04:44
randomwalk wrote:
Hi Guys,

I understand the deadline for ED is Oct 6th. Are there any differences in chances if i apply on the Oct 6th and if i apply earliar, say middle of August?


Rolling process means first in first served so yes, there are differences in chances if you apply on the deadline or middle Aug... 8-)
_________________

Frangar non flectar.

Retired Moderator
avatar
Status: Darden Class of 2013
Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 1838
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 37

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2010, 06:52
How does one know when the application is "under review"? I submitted my late on June 30 pacific time (July 1 eastern time) but I don't even see the "Submitted" in the legend box when you log into the application page being crossed off. I know it's submitted because everything on the application has said that it's successfully submitted. I was just wondering what you should see when the application is actually under review.

Thanks!
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2010, 08:38
Hey guys,

Count me in for ED. I'm aiming to have my app submitted by middle of the month.

Question: On Columbia's online app, it asks you to upload an "unofficial" score report. Did you guys skip this part and only listed your scores in the text boxes provided?

I only have my official test-taker copy of my score report in a PDF file, is that what I'm supposed to upload?

Roll Call Updated
Retired Moderator
avatar
Status: Darden Class of 2013
Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 1838
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 37

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2010, 09:26
soulmeetsbody wrote:
Hey guys,

Count me in for ED. I'm aiming to have my app submitted by middle of the month.

Question: On Columbia's online app, it asks you to upload an "unofficial" score report. Did you guys skip this part and only listed your scores in the text boxes provided?

I only have my official test-taker copy of my score report in a PDF file, is that what I'm supposed to upload?


I uploaded the official score, since I saw no harm in doing that. I also provided the numbers in the text boxes.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 7
Schools: Columbia
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2010, 16:45
hi guys, my app was under review at Jun. 4th and got interview yesterday. Hope can arrange it asap. Good luck to us all!!
Current Student
avatar
Affiliations: CBS '13
Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 291
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2010, 20:02
enya1122 wrote:
hi guys, my app was under review at Jun. 4th and got interview yesterday. Hope can arrange it asap. Good luck to us all!!


How many ED applicants have got an invite? other than hazay?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Posts: 88
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2010, 07:27
Any signature questions for the itw at CBS ?

So far CBS strategy of the super early round is working on me. I didnt start any other applications. From what I understood from last year topic, once you are interviewed in ED, it goes really fast to get an answer.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 May 2010
Posts: 58
Location: shanghai, china
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2010, 09:21
hazay wrote:
Any signature questions for the itw at CBS ?

So far CBS strategy of the super early round is working on me. I didnt start any other applications. From what I understood from last year topic, once you are interviewed in ED, it goes really fast to get an answer.


my consultant has a good writeup of CBS interview stuff on his blog: http://adam-markus.blogspot.com/2009/10 ... lumni.html

good luck and if you could post details of the interview when you're done (please), we'd all really appreciate it :-D
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 May 2010
Posts: 84
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 20

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2010, 06:40
Hi, there
What I did not get is that for the entry in September, except the early decision, there are two options which are (or maybe one because I did not understand the merit fellowship consideration deadline);

Merit fellowship consideration deadline: January 5, 2011

Regular Decision application deadline: April 13, 2011.

So, if I do not choose the ED path, for a entry in September would I be eligible for a fellowship ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2010, 12:42
anyone know how important GPA is in the whole package for CBS?
2.7 and 3.3 for me according to the cal. method on CBS website. Will it be major problem?

Also, if my career goal is not related with Finance, what the chance to get an interview/ even a place at CBS?

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2010
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2010, 16:38
Hello Everyone,

I just started on Gmat Club, impressed with the lot of activity on CBS forums. Count me too for CBS ED.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2010, 05:39
1
This post received
KUDOS
amaterasu wrote:
Hi, there
What I did not get is that for the entry in September, except the early decision, there are two options which are (or maybe one because I did not understand the merit fellowship consideration deadline);

Merit fellowship consideration deadline: January 5, 2011

Regular Decision application deadline: April 13, 2011.

So, if I do not choose the ED path, for a entry in September would I be eligible for a fellowship ?


You have to submit by Jan 5, 2011 if you want to be considered for merit fellowship, regardless of RD or ED. If merit fellowship is not an issue for you, then you can either do ED or RD and for this latter you can submit until Apr 13, 2011 (though one piece of an advice is to submit way before Jan 5 even if you're going down the RD road).

schnellv wrote:
anyone know how important GPA is in the whole package for CBS?
2.7 and 3.3 for me according to the cal. method on CBS website. Will it be major problem?

Also, if my career goal is not related with Finance, what the chance to get an interview/ even a place at CBS?

Thanks in advance.


As per tests and GPA you should check latest class profile (and look for top 80%).

As per finance career, I think that B-School are more concerned with alumni employment rates and post MBA salaries. Given the particular times we are living in I presume they won't give you a minus if you're not interested in a finance career as long as you are trying to have a career in a "solid" sector where you won't have problem getting a job and a good salary. But again, that's just my though.

Any movement today? Another friend of mine got an interview invite on friday, luckly enough I don't have to receive one myself, I'm already way too stressed ...
_________________

Frangar non flectar.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Affiliations: CBS '13
Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 291
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 31 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2010, 07:14
1
This post received
KUDOS
Marescotti wrote:
amaterasu wrote:
Hi, there
What I did not get is that for the entry in September, except the early decision, there are two options which are (or maybe one because I did not understand the merit fellowship consideration deadline);

Merit fellowship consideration deadline: January 5, 2011

Regular Decision application deadline: April 13, 2011.

So, if I do not choose the ED path, for a entry in September would I be eligible for a fellowship ?


You have to submit by Jan 5, 2011 if you want to be considered for merit fellowship, regardless of RD or ED. If merit fellowship is not an issue for you, then you can either do ED or RD and for this latter you can submit until Apr 13, 2011 (though one piece of an advice is to submit way before Jan 5 even if you're going down the RD road).

schnellv wrote:
anyone know how important GPA is in the whole package for CBS?
2.7 and 3.3 for me according to the cal. method on CBS website. Will it be major problem?

Also, if my career goal is not related with Finance, what the chance to get an interview/ even a place at CBS?

Thanks in advance.


As per tests and GPA you should check latest class profile (and look for top 80%).

As per finance career, I think that B-School are more concerned with alumni employment rates and post MBA salaries. Given the particular times we are living in I presume they won't give you a minus if you're not interested in a finance career as long as you are trying to have a career in a "solid" sector where you won't have problem getting a job and a good salary. But again, that's just my though.

Any movement today? Another friend of mine got an interview invite on friday, luckly enough I don't have to receive one myself, I'm already way too stressed ...


Another J-term applicant ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2010, 07:28
Yep, all from my very same country (which is quite bad for me as there are very few chances based on stats that we're all gonna make it - the three of us).

Fingers crossed anyway!!!!
_________________

Frangar non flectar.

Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!!   [#permalink] 05 Jul 2010, 07:28
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
52 Calling All UCLA 2011 Applicants! njmbaapplicant 1349 27 Jul 2010, 16:14
Calling All CBS J-Term 2011 Applicants!! columbiawannabe 1 18 Jul 2010, 15:58
699 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! staind 3692 07 Jul 2010, 17:48
497 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants Jmw125 3321 10 Jun 2010, 09:52
332 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Ross 2011 applicants! lagsantiago 3678 10 May 2010, 06:59
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13  ...  199    Next  [ 3966 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.