Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: CBS '19 (M)
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: CBS '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Kudos
arjuns247 wrote:
fall2017applicant wrote:
Congratulations!! All the best.

Still hope for the rest of us then. :-)

Let me know once you hear back! Like I said, I didn't hear back for 4 weeks so there is definitely a lot of time for ED applicants. Best of luck!

Got an interview invite as well!

Let me know how yours goes, and any tips you may have

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
fall2017applicant wrote:
arjuns247 wrote:
fall2017applicant wrote:
Congratulations!! All the best.

Still hope for the rest of us then. :-)

Let me know once you hear back! Like I said, I didn't hear back for 4 weeks so there is definitely a lot of time for ED applicants. Best of luck!

Got an interview invite as well!

Let me know how yours goes, and any tips you may have

Cheers

Congratulations!! Looks like our timeline is running almost in lockstep - best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
REPE for 4 years, HF 2 years before that. 760 and 3.5 GPA from the United States. White male. Fingers crossed!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
Send PM
Any updates? Seems quiet recently.

It seems from last year and 2014's thread that CBS used to respond within 3 weeks (or even 2 weeks for those applied in June/July 2014). From what I've seen, most applications this year took around 4 weeks to hear an invite? Any ideas why? :?:

I'm an international who applied July 21 (ED for August 2017).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
My hypothesis is that they're just on the road a lot more this year... I may be wrong
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Had my interview on Wednesday morning and my interviewer said she submitted her feedback report the same day, but I haven't received an update that it's been submitted on my application - has anyone faced this problem or know someone who has had this issue in the past?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Was checking my emails earlier today and got excited when I saw one from Columbia Business School!

Turned out to be a marketing email for Chazen Institute..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dennishyt wrote:
Was checking my emails earlier today and got excited when I saw one from Columbia Business School!

Turned out to be a marketing email for Chazen Institute..

Hey everyone! Seems pretty quiet. Has anyone heard back about interviews yet? If so, can you post a timeline from when you applied to when (and how) you were notified about the interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sounds like they've been taking ~4 weeks to come back with interview decisions...in past years it looked like by the end of August they were coming back within 2-3 weeks. Hoping that's the case this year!

Submitted mine 8/10

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
arjuns247 wrote:
Had my interview on Wednesday morning and my interviewer said she submitted her feedback report the same day, but I haven't received an update that it's been submitted on my application - has anyone faced this problem or know someone who has had this issue in the past?

Did you hear back from the adcom?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
daredevil123 wrote:
arjuns247 wrote:

No - nothing yet. It will be two weeks this Wednesday so I'm expecting to find out before then.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
arjuns247 wrote:
daredevil123 wrote:
arjuns247 wrote:

No - nothing yet. It will be two weeks this Wednesday so I'm expecting to find out before then.

I faced a similar situation to you. No update on my application portal after confirming with my interviewer that the feedback had been submitted, then ~two weeks post-interview I received the admittance call. I received no application status updates between the confirmation of submission notification and my "Congratulations, welcome to Columbia" notification.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Penseur wrote:

I faced a similar situation to you. No update on my application portal after confirming with my interviewer that the feedback had been submitted, then ~two weeks post-interview I received the admittance call. I received no application status updates between the confirmation of submission notification and my "Congratulations, welcome to Columbia" notification.

Thanks for the encouragement! I've literally been checking / refreshing my application status page 50-60 times a day - I'm having trouble concentrating on very basic tasks at work lol I'm hoping my situation ends up similar to yours!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
arjuns247 wrote:
Penseur wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement! I've literally been checking / refreshing my application status page 50-60 times a day - I'm having trouble concentrating on very basic tasks at work lol I'm hoping my situation ends up similar to yours!

All the best mate!
Can we have an interview debrief please
Intern
Intern
Send PM
daredevil123 wrote:
arjuns247 wrote:
Penseur wrote:

All the best mate!
Can we have an interview debrief please

Yup! Will post detailed debrief immediately once I hear back - trying to not over-analyze it now and freak myself out. General assessment is that it was a very casual interview with an alumna in a coffee shop. No questions were really a surprise - know your story, know your goals, know why CBS, know why NYC and you'll be great. I got pretty excited about CBS after our conversation - my interviewer definitely sold the school well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
arjuns247 wrote:

Yup! Will post detailed debrief immediately once I hear back - trying to not over-analyze it now and freak myself out. General assessment is that it was a very casual interview with an alumna in a coffee shop. No questions were really a surprise - know your story, know your goals, know why CBS, know why NYC and you'll be great. I got pretty excited about CBS after our conversation - my interviewer definitely sold the school well.

This is helpful. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [6]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone - I just received my acceptance call! Beyond excited to attend CBS next year. I am actually a re-applicant who was dinged last year without an interview so I am beyond thrilled about this news!! Happy to discuss my process with anyone - just send me a PM.

I've listed my timeline below, and will post a detailed interview debrief this week

App Submitted / Completed: June 29th, 2016
Invited to Interview: Wednesday July 27th, 2016 @ 11:55 AM EST via email
Interview: Wednesday August 3rd, 2016 from 11 AM - 12 PM
Interview Feedback Submitted: Wednesday August 3rd, 2016
Acceptance Call: Tuesday, August 16th @ 4:21 PM EST via phone call

I was either rejected or waitlisted from all the schools I applied to last year. I took the GMAT 4 times. This is a long and grueling process, but if you stay true to your story, constantly seek feedback, continually work to improve, and never accept anything less than your worth...good things can happen. Best of luck to all applicants!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts