Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
I haven't seen any dings/invites for anyone in the past 2 days. Pretty quiet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
It looked like there were a few invites out early in the week for RD people who applied in early October, but have heard nothing since then. Clear admit is showing responses for people applying up to Oct. 3rd. Still waiting on my end, applied Oct 21st.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: Yale '19 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
applicant1234 When did you apply? I applied October 7 and like maakef I am anxious. I think we will hear something today.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied October 28. So a little behind you all, but it seems like they may send out a batch of invites all at once

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That is something I failed to consider. I had just assumed the decisions came in like a trickle each day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
I applied 10/16 I believe and haven't heard anything. Seems really quiet the past week...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Business Development (Telecommunications)
Send PM
For those who already got a decision ED or J-Term, did you send an email to your interviewer to say thank you afterward? And if so did he or she respond? How did your decision turn out? Any response much appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Brownbear99 - I can't say for Columbia but I have interviewed with two other schools and I sent a thank you email to each. I didn't hear back from one of them, but got a short response from the other.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yekrut wrote:
Brownbear99 - I can't say for Columbia but I have interviewed with two other schools and I sent a thank you email to each. I didn't hear back from one of them, but got a short response from the other.

Thanks for the reply. I'm more curious about CBS. I got one back from other schools too so i know some do it. Anyone from CBS specifically that can share information?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
brownbear99 wrote:
Yekrut wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I'm more curious about CBS. I got one back from other schools too so i know some do it. Anyone from CBS specifically that can share information?

I applied ED and was accepted. I had to do a skype interview with admissions due to a lack of available alumni in my area. I sent an email in the evening on the day of the interview (i interviewed in the morning). She did not reply but I got the acceptance call two days after the interview.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
upstate wrote:
brownbear99 wrote:
Yekrut wrote:

I applied ED and was accepted. I had to do a skype interview with admissions due to a lack of available alumni in my area. I sent an email in the evening on the day of the interview (i interviewed in the morning). She did not reply but I got the acceptance call two days after the interview.

Thanks upstate! I think I'm drawing too much into something that probably doesn't matter. Interview is done either way and feedback is gone so just have to wait now. Cheers though mate!
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I mentioned this in some other thread -- many schools have a policy to NOT respond to thank-you notes in order to not give the candidate false hope (and because everyone's busy, etc). Some alums may still choose to ignore those rules or guidelines, but the bottom line is that you should assume you will NOT hear back when you send a thank-you note and don't read anything into any response you might get either way.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I'm more curious about CBS. I got one back from other schools too so i know some do it. Anyone from CBS specifically that can share information?[/quote]

I applied ED and was accepted. I had to do a skype interview with admissions due to a lack of available alumni in my area. I sent an email in the evening on the day of the interview (i interviewed in the morning). She did not reply but I got the acceptance call two days after the interview.[/quote]

Thanks upstate! I think I'm drawing too much into something that probably doesn't matter. Interview is done either way and feedback is gone so just have to wait now. Cheers though mate![/quote]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
I mentioned this in some other thread -- many schools have a policy to NOT respond to thank-you notes in order to not give the candidate false hope (and because everyone's busy, etc). Some alums may still choose to ignore those rules or guidelines, but the bottom line is that you should assume you will NOT hear back when you send a thank-you note and don't read anything into any response you might get either way.

Good luck!

I applied ED and was accepted. I had to do a skype interview with admissions due to a lack of available alumni in my area. I sent an email in the evening on the day of the interview (i interviewed in the morning). She did not reply but I got the acceptance call two days after the interview.[/quote]

Thanks upstate! I think I'm drawing too much into something that probably doesn't matter. Interview is done either way and feedback is gone so just have to wait now. Cheers though mate![/quote][/quote]

Makes sense! Thanks for sharing the insight!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hopefully a big week from Columbia! Relatively quiet last week. I'd really like to find out soon.... Get the potential interview done before everyone leaves on vacations!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Amen to that applicant1234
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Finally got a response, no luck this time unfortunately.

I remember someone previously mentioned how Columbia tends to prefer older candidates, and I've read this before as well. Does anyone have a sense of average age/work experience? For reference I would've had 3 years work experience (upon matriculation) which I know is on the low side.

Glad the wait is over though!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
I'm really sorry to hear that, good luck on the rest of your applications. Columbia's average age is higher than some other top 10 schools, so it seems so. May I ask - what day did you submit your application?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts