Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 16

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 11:29
goobersmooches wrote:
Hey guys -- got the call of the waitlist yesterday.

Good luck to all still on it!

Congrats!!!

If you have any tips/procedures you followed to get out of that list, please share.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 08:07
Does anyone else have any status updates on their deferral decision? I submitted my update essay last week and am hoping to hear back either this week or next. It seems like dings are more frquent the closer you get to Feb 1, but just wanted to see if anyone has gotten off the D-list recently. Best of luck to all!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.53
WE: Other (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 09:42
MBAbound12 wrote:
Does anyone else have any status updates on their deferral decision? I submitted my update essay last week and am hoping to hear back either this week or next. It seems like dings are more frquent the closer you get to Feb 1, but just wanted to see if anyone has gotten off the D-list recently. Best of luck to all!

No update here. I had an additional reccomendation letter sent in but I have not submitted an update myself. I was planning on submitting something next week after I had my year-end appraisal because my application hasn't really changed. Should I try to send something sooner with less content or wait and actually explain a real change in my application?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 09:57
kjmba2012 wrote:
No update here. I had an additional reccomendation letter sent in but I have not submitted an update myself. I was planning on submitting something next week after I had my year-end appraisal because my application hasn't really changed. Should I try to send something sooner with less content or wait and actually explain a real change in my application?

I'd say wait till there's some real change that can add value to your application. You had your additional rec ltr in already so it's not like ur' just hanging there doing nothing.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.53
WE: Other (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 12:37
happyface wrote:
kjmba2012 wrote:

I'd say wait till there's some real change that can add value to your application. You had your additional rec ltr in already so it's not like ur' just hanging there doing nothing.

Just got the ding email. Thanks for all of the support and good luck to the rest of you.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 12:39
No update here. I had an additional reccomendation letter sent in but I have not submitted an update myself. I was planning on submitting something next week after I had my year-end appraisal because my application hasn't really changed. Should I try to send something sooner with less content or wait and actually explain a real change in my application?[/quote]

It figures that as soon as I post asking if anyone has received an update that I receive the dreaded email from CBS. Not really suprised given that my GMAT was slightly lower than avg and that my update letter did not have much substance to it. Oh well, good luck to the rest of you all still waiting! If you are sending an update in I would send it asap.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 12:57
Sorry to hear about the dings. Good luck on your other apps.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 13:39
Dinged today. Tough one to swallow...

Good luck to those still waiting.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2012, 07:22
On a positive note, we've been waiting for 3-4 months - 13 days to go!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 06:29
Here's to some good news on this chilly day.

CALL MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes, insanity: getting there)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 08:59
Someone reported an admission after ED deferal on http://www.beatthegmat.com yesterday.

I was very sad when I got the deferal answer back in December. My GMAT is a bit low and I am convinced that it is a major blocking point. Back then, I tried to figure out how I would squeeze a new GMAT between my 80 working hours per week and Xmas with my familly. I quickly reached the conclusion that I would not be able to make it. I settled for an update letter regarding my recent professional achievements. I have little hopes that it will be enough but I guess the point was to make sure I did everything I could and leave the game with no regret.

It seems that the closer we get to February 1st the slimer are our chances. Last year from this point only dings were released.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 09:26
same here - I really wasn't able to do the GMAT more than once given my long investment banking hours
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 09:31
I had to make up a big fat lie to go pass the test. How do you explain to your boss that you will be out of blackberry reception for almost 5 hours??? Don't know in the US but in Europe you can only pass the test during week days. I have already made up too many lies to justify absences (test days, interviews...), at this point my team probably think I have issues...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 09:36
completely agree, I decided to do the exam during my vacation!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 09:41
In the US you can take the test on the week ends (depending on the testing center).

I wish someone could share what goes on during the deferral process. Basically, what are we wating for?
Are we being constantly re-evaluated (daily?) with the other pool of candidates? or is our app sitting somewhere waiting for re-evaluation, and at one point Adcom will look at it again and see if 1) we've improved our app and 2) and if we fare better than the overall pool of RDs?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 10:27
I think we're just waiting for Adcom to have a preliminary view on similar candidates. If Adcom believes that those candidates are better than us, then the ding email will follow accordingly
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2012, 08:59
Any updates?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2012, 12:09
Solonos wrote:
Any updates?

Nothing here (maybe by the time I finish posting?). Lots of RD dings yesterday. a Maximum of one more week of lifeline for us....
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 12:22
Seems like we'll be waiting till the end
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 07:04
And here it is... the painful ding.
I was kind of expecting it given that I didn't repass the GMAT.
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants!   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2012, 07:04