Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 06:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 295

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 09:58
Also according to ClearAdmit Wiki, CBS is considering deferred ED people on a weekly basis rather than by Feb 1st (although that could be the end date). My "waitlist manager" confirmed the same via email.

Let's be civil here. I think your contact in that phone call probably gave you incorrect information.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 10:26
Although an odd question, but did any male deferred ED applicant get off the list? :P
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 10:38
futurestrategist wrote:
Although an odd question, but did any male deferred ED applicant get off the list? :P

That's a good point, I think it's been all women, I was noticing that as well... :shock:
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 10:46
I didn’t mean to be rude, but it just seams very odd that from what looks to be a quite large ED referral list, only 3 have been accepted so far (with only 7 working days left).

But anyway, if that is the case, then I’m not sure why this guy from the admin office would give me false info. That’s just wrong.
Current Student
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2013
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 11:52
cidneymba2011 wrote:
futurestrategist wrote:

That's a good point, I think it's been all women, I was noticing that as well... :shock:

Funny you mention this - I was thinking the same thing this morning!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 15:00
This post received
KUDOS
futurestrategist wrote:

hmm yes, interesting observation. although given the reason we were all deferred in the first place was to get a better sense of the applicant pool to address how we fit in demographically, not that surprising. makes sense though that they would look first to fill slots based on things like gender, international, ethnic etc. before moving on to add diversity to the class by industry, work experience, profession etc.

this is all rampant speculation. but i just feel like on feb 1st, most of us will prob just asked to be on the official waitlist. this may be some type of freudian thing tho where i now associate cbs with "waitlist" haha. but we've come this far right guys, cant give up hope now...
Current Student

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 17:18
Tomorrow is Friday. I predict that some of us will get some news in the next 24 hours.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 17:51
carriedinterest wrote:
Tomorrow is Friday. I predict that some of us will get some news in the next 24 hours.

Here's to hoping!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 07:34
It's Friday!!!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 08:42
This post received
KUDOS
msbroker wrote:
this is all rampant speculation. but i just feel like on feb 1st, most of us will prob just asked to be on the official waitlist. this may be some type of freudian thing tho where i now associate cbs with "waitlist" haha. but we've come this far right guys, cant give up hope now...

Let's hope that isn't true! I think that would be a particularly harsh way to treat a group of candidates who demonstrated such a strong commitment to the school. I'm already a bit unimpressed that CBS thinks it is appropriate to defer early decision applicants - there's nothing "early" about making applicants wait in excess of five months for a decision (especially when so many RD applicants are receiving offers), and I'd be pretty upset if I was asked to keep waiting at this stage in the process.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 08:47
This post received
KUDOS
I totally agree with you!

I think it is not right to keep people waiting for so long. I guess it is all because of the rolling admission method...
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 08:56
This post received
KUDOS
yea i hear you guys. waiting def sucks. but i suppose it's not unprecedented in the bschool app process...some of my friends who applied rd 1 back in early oct who were waitlisted wont hear decisions i think til like mid march i think. still tho would blow to be wl'ed again...but really, would u guys prefer to get dinged and just be done with it??
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 09:00
msbroker wrote:
yea i hear you guys. waiting def sucks. but i suppose it's not unprecedented in the bschool app process...some of my friends who applied rd 1 back in early oct who were waitlisted wont hear decisions i think til like mid march i think. still tho would blow to be wl'ed again...but really, would u guys prefer to get dinged and just be done with it??

I'd take a waitlist over the ding, even though the wait will be agonizing. There's a reason why some chose to apply ED to CBS like me.
Current Student

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 14:41
Looks like another day with no news...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 14:47
yep, looks like another "week" (not just day) with no news
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 14:49
california1 wrote:
yep, looks like another "week" (not just day) with no news

For that I'm gonna say Go Steelers instead of Jets this weekend. :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, International Business

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 05:35
Just got news on my deferral decision yesterday...obviously it wasn't a good one! haha.

Oh well, there's always next year...
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 08:13
cricketbeatsrugby wrote:
Just got news on my deferral decision yesterday...obviously it wasn't a good one! haha.

Sorry to hear that cricketbeatsrugby! :(
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, International Business

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 21:13
futurestrategist wrote:
cricketbeatsrugby wrote:

Sorry to hear that cricketbeatsrugby! :(

Hey, no worries. There's other apps in the pipeline, and to have made it this far I think is a pretty decent accomplishment. Kudos to all of you guys!
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2011, 12:00
Any updates from you guys? Kinda nervous....
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants!   [#permalink] 25 Jan 2011, 12:00