Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2011, 10:09
I know how you feel.. hang in there and focus on other schools. I looked sometime back and didn't find any active threads on CBS deferrals.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 2.86
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2011, 08:28
ksk80 wrote:
I know how you feel.. hang in there and focus on other schools. I looked sometime back and didn't find any active threads on CBS deferrals.

Is it just me, or does it seem like there were more deferrals last year?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2011, 08:25
Those of you that are deferred - Any luck with getting feedback from CBS? have you received any updates or followup questions from them since?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 14:23
ksk80 wrote:
Those of you that are deferred - Any luck with getting feedback from CBS? have you received any updates or followup questions from them since?

Nope.. I was deffered december 1st and haven't heard anything since. I spoke with Marry Miller on a women connect event and when I asked her if she had any suggestions she basically repeated the letter that was sent with the status change notice..

Does anyone know how many deffered applicants were accepted last year?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Fuqua '14 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2011, 01:27
m2608 wrote:
ksk80 wrote:

Nope.. I was deffered december 1st and haven't heard anything since. I spoke with Marry Miller on a women connect event and when I asked her if she had any suggestions she basically repeated the letter that was sent with the status change notice..

I got deferred on Nov 2. I'm also curious to know the percentage on deferrals that got accepted. From the forums it seems to be a small number and the closer we get to the Feb 1 deadline the less the chances. You guys mind sharing your profiles?

710/2.88/CFA/27/6yrs WE
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 19:27
arsalanask wrote:
m2608 wrote:
ksk80 wrote:

I got deferred on Nov 2. I'm also curious to know the percentage on deferrals that got accepted. From the forums it seems to be a small number and the closer we get to the Feb 1 deadline the less the chances. You guys mind sharing your profiles?

710/2.88/CFA/27/6yrs WE

I'm 680/3.6/25/6 yrs WE (including 2yrs of military service)
do you know how many deffered candidates are there in the forum this year?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Fuqua '14 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 20:02
m2608 wrote:

My count is 7 so far this year. You, me, ksk, kjmba, cunit, bonnierong and happyface.

ksk/kjmba/cunit/bonnierong/happyface,

Guys any updates?

Thanks
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 22:08
arsalanask wrote:

My count is 7 so far this year. You, me, ksk, kjmba, cunit, bonnierong and happyface.

Guys any updates?

Thanks

There are a few others in the main thread who posted deferred but didn't update to "waitlisted" status. I didn't keep track, but I think it's more like 10-15 of us. No updates for me... Im just trying to wrap up my last R2 apps.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 22:29
arsalanask wrote:
m2608 wrote:

Guys any updates?

Thanks

My deferral manager replied by asking me to keep her updated about the new GMAT if I choose to retake it, and other information that might be useful.

Since my GMAT is only average among international applicants, so I'm gonna retake it. That's what I think I can improve now... :(

Good luck to all of us!!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 11:01
Count me in as well.

M/USA/27/720Gmat/5yr WE

Combing through this thread seems like quite a few females got off the waitlist last year. I guess being underrepresented becomes a bigger factor when you are on the waitlist. Too bad for me male, Asian, finance...

Do you guys have any strategies for updates for adcom? I've heard different things from different ppl. One alum told me to be proactive and provide additional support. Another guy (mba consultant) told me to stay put and try not to be aggressive, saying that there's no upside to it.

Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 11:29
It's a professional judgment I'd say. You want to keep in touch with them to show your continuous interest in their program, however, being too aggressive can be seen as a sign of immaturity. I've talked to different ppl about what additional material to submit, and my take is that whatever we submit, it needs to ADD VALUE, o/w the adcom will interprete it as you can't identify your weakness yourself and just submit materials becuz you feel you're obligated to do so. The bottom line is make sure we don't stand out in a negative way by submitting the additional materials.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 16

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2011, 14:15
bonnierong2010 wrote:
arsalanask wrote:
m2608 wrote:

Guys any updates?

Thanks

My deferral manager replied by asking me to keep her updated about the new GMAT if I choose to retake it, and other information that might be useful.

Since my GMAT is only average among international applicants, so I'm gonna retake it. That's what I think I can improve now... :(

I join the deferred folks as well. Better than a ding though certainly felt like one.

Bonnierong: how did you get a "deferral manager"? Any thing we should do for this to happen?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2012, 09:11
Ding! Good luck to you guys who are still waiting for a decision.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.53
WE: Other (Investment Banking)

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2012, 11:04
arsalanask wrote:
m2608 wrote:

Guys any updates?

Thanks

Silence on my end. Not holding out much hope at this point.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.5

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2012, 16:53
Got the ding today. In the letter, they recommended me to try their EMBA program, which is strange as I definitely do no fit the Executive profile. Is this a standard ding letter to cushion the fall?

Good luck to the rest of you.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2012, 07:45
Deferred applicant, still in the running for full-time, but just got the EMBA call...

Here's the thing - I'm still pretty young, so I can get an EMBA, like, anytime within the next 15 years. Will still give it some thought, though.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2012, 08:06
For those of you who had heard back, when did you submit the update letter to Adcom? Seems like a pretty quick turn-around.
Intern
Intern
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 00:56
MCE7 wrote:
bonnierong2010 wrote:

I join the deferred folks as well. Better than a ding though certainly felt like one.

Bonnierong: how did you get a "deferral manager"? Any thing we should do for this to happen?

by deferral manager, I mean the adcom that the deferral letter asked us to send confirmation to ...and I'm sure every deferred one got a "deferral manager" in this letter.

I know one person has been admitted on Dec 30 from the deferral pool after he(or she) visited the campus, talked to adcom and sent out the update letter. His(her) id is xxpatzz.

Wish all of us good luck!!!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 10:32
The waiting game is more brutal and nerve racking now. Good luck to all of us deferred!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2012, 13:57
I was deferred as well. Based on the posts from last year, seems like an overwhelming majority were eventually rejected. I personally think it's disgusting that they string along ED applicants for months so they can see if something better comes along.
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants!   [#permalink] 08 Jan 2012, 13:57