Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:18 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [4]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
chipmonster wrote:
JUST got an invite to interview with Booth!

Good luck everybody! It seems like they are rolling out invitations today.

Thanks for posting! When did you submit? Trying to see if by "rolling" they mean chronological.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
It was totally random last year. More like they give everyone a stack to make a decision on by 10/16 some adcom's are proactive and others leave it til the last minute. No different than us at work. This is why like 40% of the invites were reported on the very last day.

I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
SilverBull wrote:
chipmonster wrote:

Thanks for posting! When did you submit? Trying to see if by "rolling" they mean chronological.

I submitted in the morning of 9/17. My recs were all submitted prior to that and my GMAT was verified - not sure if that matters.

I got an email saying that my application status has changed. Then I logged in and saw a "status update" which was a letter telling me that shortly an interview request form would be available for me to fill out to sign up for either an on-campus or off-campus interview:

On-campus interviews take place in Hyde Park with our Admissions Fellows. We hope you are able to interview on campus, as it’s an opportunity to experience Chicago Booth’s community firsthand.

Interviews are Monday – Friday, October 19 – November 13, 2015 and Saturday, November 7, 2015
Location: Harper Center, 5807 South Woodlawn, Chicago, IL 60637
Off-campus interviews take place in cities around the world with Booth alumni. If you are outside the greater Chicago area, we will work to match you with an alumnus in your location.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats!!!!! Hopefully the first of many positive emails for everyone!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
chipmonster wrote:
SilverBull wrote:
chipmonster wrote:

I submitted in the morning of 9/17. My recs were all submitted prior to that and my GMAT was verified - not sure if that matters.

I got an email saying that my application status has changed. Then I logged in and saw a "status update" which was a letter telling me that shortly an interview request form would be available for me to fill out to sign up for either an on-campus or off-campus interview:

On-campus interviews take place in Hyde Park with our Admissions Fellows. We hope you are able to interview on campus, as it’s an opportunity to experience Chicago Booth’s community firsthand.

Interviews are Monday – Friday, October 19 – November 13, 2015 and Saturday, November 7, 2015
Location: Harper Center, 5807 South Woodlawn, Chicago, IL 60637
Off-campus interviews take place in cities around the world with Booth alumni. If you are outside the greater Chicago area, we will work to match you with an alumnus in your location.

Awesome, congrats on the invite and thanks for info. Hope to see you there!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Can everyone who has received an invite to please updated your GMATCLUB applicant profile so that the stats properly reflect the correct numbers.

Is this the 1st wave of interview invites after Sept 17? I ask this as I plan to apply to Booth in R2 and wanted to know if invites will only be sent out 5th Jan + 3 weeks time frame or on a rolling basis for R2?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
Can everyone who has received an invite to please updated your GMATCLUB applicant profile so that the stats properly reflect the correct numbers.

Is this the 1st wave of interview invites after Sept 17? I ask this as I plan to apply to Booth in R2 and wanted to know if invites will only be sent out 5th Jan + 3 weeks time frame or on a rolling basis for R2?

This appears to be the first wave per my observation of the activities on this forum. There could be applicants that are not on this forum but have received an invitation earlier than today though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Kudos
chipmonster wrote:

Shoutout for starting the anxiety wave :) And congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [8]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.64
WE:Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
That's just cruel - did anyone else just receive an email from "Chicago Booth Full-time MBA Admissions"? I got excited until I found out the content of the email was "Booth Insight - Community News from the Full-Time MBA Program." :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
eriginal wrote:
That's just cruel - did anyone else just receive an email from "Chicago Booth Full-time MBA Admissions"? I got excited until I found out the content of the email was "Booth Insight - Community News from the Full-Time MBA Program." :(

I did.
I checked my email after seeing your post. Haha, so I was prepared to be super calm.

I encourage all schools stop sending marketing emails during our waiting period, haha!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Yup saw the same thing on my phone and my heart skipped a beat. Adding fuel to the fire I got an email from MIT Sloan admissions starting with "You're invited " ...... to some random informational event.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
eriginal wrote:

+1... cannot sympathize more
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
prgolfer wrote:
chipmonster wrote:

Shoutout for starting the anxiety wave :) And congrats!

Thanks!

And if helps you guys know what to expect - the email came from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business titled "Your Chicago Booth Application Status Has Changed". It's not the best title IMO since it could mean anything (especially if it comes on 10/16)! I was nervous until I logged in and checked the "status update" link.

Good luck!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Saw quite a few posts reporting interview invitations from Booth, but forum stats show only one invite. Those who received their decisions could update your application status please?

Good luck!!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
Saw quite a few posts reporting interview invitations from Booth, but forum stats show only one invite. Those who received their decisions could update your application status please?

Good luck!!

Only one person has received an invite (and has posted about it in this forum).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Has anyone else heard? After not hearing from HBS also i'm starting to get anxious
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Kudos
jconnol8 wrote:
Has anyone else heard? After not hearing from HBS also i'm starting to get anxious

This may sound harsh, but it's not meant to be.... If you're anxious after not hearing from HBS (there's still time, why are you counting yourself out?), perhaps you did not set your expectations correctly. No need to be anxious, nothing you can do at the moment.

You've submitted your best, and it's up to the admissions folks. Just sit back relax, wait and see your results. It's also Friday! Enjoy your weekend!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  61   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts