Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Nov 2014, 05:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2009, 20:21
Very well said. Tepper is seriously underrated. Its a small program and you really need to show passion for the school to get in.
Current Student
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2009, 09:49
Hi, Today I have received my interview request. Could someone tell me how are their interviews? Has anyone done an interview via Skype?
Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2009, 20:52
llest,

My interview was on the phone and straight forward. I planned for the worst, thinking I would be asked detailed questions but quite the opposite occured:

Introductions

Walkthrough Resume

Why MBA? Why us?
What are your goals?

Leadership qualities
Please describe your three greatest strenghts and weaknesses.

Questions

I imagine that they are looking for discrepencies in your application, so just be yourself, do not lie/exaggerate because people tend to studder/mumble/and find it difficult to convey the point accross Adcoms are looking for this. Also do not contradict your essays and you should be fine.

Cheers!
Current Student

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2009, 07:35
thank you for your respone eeter1!

I will have to prepare for my three weaknesses, I have never liked this question. What did you tell them, something really week or something slightly weak that can be transform to a strong point (i.e. I am too demanding etc...)?

Also, do you know any alumni or current student from Tepper that I could contact. I contact with one through the online community in the Tepper web but some others I contacted didn't answer.
Intern
Intern
Schools: haas, stanford, sloan

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2009, 15:05
Hey y'all! I just wanted to add my name to the stat tracker. I applied in R1 and got an admit in December (and some $). I probably spent the most time on this one app (it was my first of the season), so I went overkill on the Tepper research.

Feel free to ask for suggestions on how to learn more about CMU and Tepper.
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 29

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2009, 22:28
Interviewing on Monday....wish me luck :-D

"George is getting upset!"

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Current Student

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2009, 23:50
I have had my interview at Tepper and I am waiting the decision now! I hope I can post good new next week.

Good luck Raabend!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2009, 18:50
Good luck to all of R2 applicants! Just a little thing to remember, the interview at Tepper is blind interview so I think it's okay to repeat what you have wrote in your essay.
Current Student

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2009, 14:03
ozzie123 wrote:
Good luck to all of R2 applicants! Just a little thing to remember, the interview at Tepper is blind interview so I think it's okay to repeat what you have wrote in your essay.

My inteview was by phone and my interviewer had red my application. I guess the other interviews are conducted in the same way and this is the reason that CMU just have two interview possibilities, on campus or by phone (or skype).
Current Student
Schools: Cornell Johnson School
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2009, 06:42
ozzie123 wrote:

I don't think Tepper interviews are blind...my interviewer told me she had briefly read my entire file.
Current Student

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2009, 08:25
anyone knows how much do they last from the interview until the final decision?
Current Student

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2009, 08:43
llest wrote:
anyone knows how much do they last from the interview until the final decision?

The decision date for Round 2 is March 16.

http://www.tepper.cmu.edu/mba/admission ... index.aspx
Current Student

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2009, 09:11
Many school realease their decisons before the deadline, I was wondering whether CMU does the same.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2009, 09:32
llest wrote:
Many school realease their decisons before the deadline, I was wondering whether CMU does the same.

They didn't release decisions early in R1 - only by e-mail on the decision date. Good luck!
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 29

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2009, 16:23
Had my interview today. Went for about 30 minutes.

My interviewer told me she had read my file and that the interview would be more of a way for her to get to know me as a person.

She started by asking me to "tell my story" from undergrad until now. Of course she also asked the typical "Why MBA, Why now, Why Tepper" questions, along with a question about leadership, ...........but she spent alot of the time asking me about my personal life and interests outside of work.

I think it went well 8-)

"George is getting upset!"

SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 689 [0], given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2009, 17:06
Raabend wrote:
Had my interview today. Went for about 30 minutes.

My interviewer told me she had read my file and that the interview would be more of a way for her to get to know me as a person.

She started by asking me to "tell my story" from undergrad until now. Of course she also asked the typical "Why MBA, Why now, Why Tepper" questions, along with a question about leadership, ...........but she spent alot of the time asking me about my personal life and interests outside of work.

I think it went well 8-)

Praying for your admit Raabend!

Current Student

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2009, 01:31
mickster402 wrote:
llest wrote:

They didn't release decisions early in R1 - only by e-mail on the decision date. Good luck!

This can not be!! I will have to wait until march to know the decision... two months wainting is too much.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2009, 06:30
wonderhaven wrote:
ozzie123 wrote:

I don't think Tepper interviews are blind...my interviewer told me she had briefly read my entire file.

Well my interviewer told me the same thing too, but judging from the generic question she asked me like "why an MBA? Why now? Why Tepper?" instead of specific from my essays or my resume, I honestly think that they haven't given too much thought at the time of the interview.

But of course, probably that's just isolated to my case.
Current Student

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2009, 06:42
ozzie123 wrote:
wonderhaven wrote:
ozzie123 wrote:

Well my interviewer told me the same thing too, but judging from the generic question she asked me like "why an MBA? Why now? Why Tepper?" instead of specific from my essays or my resume, I honestly think that they haven't given too much thought at the time of the interview.

But of course, probably that's just isolated to my case.

LOL Ozzie - now that I think about it - same thing happened to me...she asked me basic questions and then proceeded to write down my answers! mostly, I was talking to the top of her head!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2009, 17:35
wonderhaven wrote:
LOL Ozzie - now that I think about it - same thing happened to me...she asked me basic questions and then proceeded to write down my answers! mostly, I was talking to the top of her head!

LOL

But the most important thing is the interview went well isn't it? Best of luck for the both of us!
Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 27 Jan 2009, 17:35