Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 03:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 37

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 19:36
danjohn4real wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:
ill be at the catapult in a few weeks :) see you gents there!

Had my pre-screen interview today. How long is the typical turnaround time?

About a week.

Heard back today. See you at MBA Catapult.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2013, 10:40
Cane4life86 --> Emory --> Fellow --> New Orleans Yes
MBAOK2013 --> Tepper(CMU) --> Fellow --> New Orleans Yes
cinder4277 --> Darden --> Fellow --> New Orleans Yes
AtaQuye --> Stern (NYU) --> Fellow --> New Orleans Yes
HowDidIGetHere --> Kenan-Flagler (UNC) --> Fellow --> New Orleans Yes
Peeweeninja --> Michigan (Ross) --> Fellow --> New Orleans Yes
Eamers --> UC Berkeley (Haas) --> Fellow --> New Orleans Yes
DMNY31--> Tepper (CMU) --> Member --> New Orleans Yes
OhYeah --> Stern (NYU) --> Fellow --> New Orleans Yes
burgundy2015 --> Stern (NYU) --> Fellow --> New Orleans Yes
cole2012 --> Anderson --> Fellow --> New Orleans Damn Right
RedSox88 --> Emory --> Fellow --> New Orleans Yes
MassApplyer --> Darden --> Member --> New Orleans Yes
jkiddy --> Haas --> Member --> Yes
clb2015 --> McCombs (UT) --> Member --> Yes
danjohn4real --> Darden --> Fellow --> New Orleans Yes
wahoo87--> Kenan-Flagler (UNC) --> New Orleans Yes
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 07:11
Can anyone tell me what Tuck's school-specific consortium essays were for this past year? Or where I can find that info?

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 08:15
Anyone out there still on a Waitlist at a Consortium school?
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 46

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 12:11
OP registration question: for the "tracks" - are there two different programs for the same functions - ie: will Track 1 Consulting be the same as Track 2 Consulting? Or are the tracks duplicate.

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 May 2013, 23:06
urarunner2 wrote:
When it rains it pours - Last week I was selected as a Toigo Fellow and today I was accepted into the Chicago Booth class of 2015. Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going to forgo my deposit at Stern to attend Booth. Have fun at OP.

Hey,

I am in the same situation. I put down a deposit at Michigan and got into Booth last week. What was your thought process when making the decision? I am so torn about what to do. I have really started to love the fact that I am going to Michigan, but Booth was my second choice school initially and Michigan was third. It is really throwing me for a loop! I would love to hear how you weighed the situation.

Thanks!
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 37

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 May 2013, 05:35
ldryan wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:
When it rains it pours - Last week I was selected as a Toigo Fellow and today I was accepted into the Chicago Booth class of 2015. Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going to forgo my deposit at Stern to attend Booth. Have fun at OP.

Hey,

I am in the same situation. I put down a deposit at Michigan and got into Booth last week. What was your thought process when making the decision? I am so torn about what to do. I have really started to love the fact that I am going to Michigan, but Booth was my second choice school initially and Michigan was third. It is really throwing me for a loop! I would love to hear how you weighed the situation.

Thanks!

I PM'ed you
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 07:32
loralu wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:

Hey,

Thanks!

Congrats on getting admitted to Booth. I have a classmate who was in your exact position last year. He was on the WL at Booth, had the Consortium Fellowship for Ross, and was planning to matriculate there when Booth called with the admission offer. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk to him (if you haven't already).

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2013, 05:55
I will be applying to through the Consortium in the next two years. I am trying to nail down my school order. Fully aware that the schools know what rank and preference is - how many of you were accepted to your 3rd, 4th and 5th ranked schools? I am worried that if I apply to the max 6 schools that the 4-6 ranked schools will be automatic dings to protect their yields.

can anyone please share their experiences/outcome.
thank you
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2013, 07:09
specialxknc wrote:
I will be applying to through the Consortium in the next two years. I am trying to nail down my school order. Fully aware that the schools know what rank and preference is - how many of you were accepted to your 3rd, 4th and 5th ranked schools? I am worried that if I apply to the max 6 schools that the 4-6 ranked schools will be automatic dings to protect their yields.

can anyone please share their experiences/outcome.
thank you

Hey there - The rank you assign to a specific school plays no role in whether you are accepted to that school. (I was accepted into my third and fourth choice schools). Ranking most definitely plays a role (but is not necessarily the only determining factor) of whether you are awarded the Consortium fellowship to the #1 school of your choice
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants   [#permalink] 15 Jul 2013, 07:09