Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 08:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE: Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 08:13
notferprofit wrote:
any new consortium interview invites? in charlottesville now for my darden interview tomorrow

I had my interview on the 29th. Darden was the first to invite me for an interview. I almost think they invite all consortium applicants because I received my interview invite a few business days after I submitted my application.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 08:17
sonjeroo wrote:
I submitted in round 1!

Has any gotten confirmation from Johnson that they received your application?

Based on what I saw in last yr's thread, invites should start going out sometime between the 6th and the 16th.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
WE: Editorial and Writing (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 08:40
danjohn4real wrote:
notferprofit wrote:
any new consortium interview invites? in charlottesville now for my darden interview tomorrow

I had my interview on the 29th. Darden was the first to invite me for an interview. I almost think they invite all consortium applicants because I received my interview invite a few business days after I submitted my application.

Same here. I got an invite the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and was in Charlottesville on Friday.
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 46

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 07:09
waiting is painful! refreshing my gmail all day to receive even just an 'under review' email :shock:

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 09:45
The waiting game sucks. I am a reapplicant and I went through all of this last year. I cant wait to hear from Tuck on the 14th so that I can have some peace of mind. Once I have an acceptance, I will feel more confident about my prospects at other places.

I think that websites like this one, make the waiting game even harder. When I hear people say that they have gotten interview invites, it makes me to start checking my email repeatedly. For example, I cant stop checking my email to see if I have received an interview invite from MIT.
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 11:41
received an email from Marshall confirming the receipt of my application. Consortium R1 applications will be grouped with Consortium R2. Decisions rendered in Mid-February

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 37

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2012, 20:52
I'd say your odds of getting in to one of these schools are good, given you score a 620 or higher on the GMAT. Rankings can be a VERY tricky game, though. Do your due diligence in identifying which schools may deny you simply because you rank them low, in order to protect their yield. (Schools can see rankings before admitting you, contrary to what you may have heard. Although, some schools do things the right way by completely ignoring rankings until it's fellowship decision time). If you look through last year's thread, people with 750 GMAT's who got fellowships to Tuck & SOM were dinged without interview from their safety schools, only real explanation is that the schools saw where they were ranked and knew there was no reason to admit a student who would obviously get in to a school higher on their list.

Now, fellowships are a whole new game, I know for a fact that, as of last year, pretty much none of the schools on your list, or your alternates, offered fellowships to students who ranked them lower than #2 (maybe #3 in rare cases). So be careful how you rank depending on what you're trying to accomplish, whether it be just admission, or admission + fellowship. Last year's thread can be a great guideline on how things went down at the draft and for admission.

peeweeninja wrote:
Hello All,

I am new to the site. I am an attorney (top 10 law school). I have a 3.6 GPA (Econ As in calculus, statistics, accounting, corporate finance, microeconomics, B in intermediate microeconomics) from a small liberal arts school. I have been practicing commercial litigation for a few years. The problem is I haven't taken the GMAT yet and I am falling in the high 500s to low 600s on practice tests. (570 Kaplan prep last week, 640 Manhattan GMAT CAT yesterday). I take the GMAT December 13 I really want to be a Consortium fellow so I am applying to six schools. They are as follows:

1. UVA
2. Cornell
3. Michigan
4. UNC
5. Texas
6. Emory

Alternates: Yale, USC, UCLA, Carnegie Mellon

What are the odds of me getting into one of these programs? Am I aiming too high? I really want to focus on general management. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 11:25
From the people who applied in Rd 1, has anyone gotten confirmation from schools other than Darden and Marshall that your application has been received?
I'm waiting to hear from McCombs, Kenan-Flagler, and Goizueta. I'm sure there are some lurkers out there that are waiting to hear from other schools as well.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 13:16
DSGB2014 wrote:
From the people who applied in Rd 1, has anyone gotten confirmation from schools other than Darden and Marshall that your application has been received?
I'm waiting to hear from McCombs, Kenan-Flagler, and Goizueta. I'm sure there are some lurkers out there that are waiting to hear from other schools as well.

I got confirmation from Tepper and Haas.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 07:06
jay4den wrote:
DSGB2014 wrote:

Thanks everyone who responded. I ended up calling McCombs and they confirmed they received the app from CGSM. Kenan-Flag and Goizueta are slipping though with the notifications and they are my top 2!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
WE: Editorial and Writing (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 07:16
DSGB2014 wrote:

I've heard from Darden, Ross, and Haas. Still waiting to hear from SOM, Tuck, and Johnson.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 08:02
received an invite to Tuck yesterday. Did not self initiate so happy with the news. Ranked them 3
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 08:42
received confirmation from Stern on Friday that my application is "under review" and confirmation from Johnson today.

Oscar Wilde

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 12:03
jay4den wrote:
DSGB2014 wrote:

...add Johnson to the list.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: General Management (Education)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 08:05
BTW, figured I would join into this post - add to the community and all that. I have my interview with Darden tomorrow afternoon. It was a bit of a surprise and as mentioned before it was a bit of an expensive trip. However, I was assured that if I interviewed before the 19th, I would receive my decision by the 19th. That's all the updates I have for now, but I'll post more as I find out more.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 15:19
Does anyone know what are the questions asked of the Mission recommender?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2012, 08:40
Hey everyone, has anyone received an invitation to interview from McCombs, Kenan-Flagler, or Goizueta?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 19:22
CBR2015 wrote:
Hey everyone, has anyone received an invitation to interview from McCombs, Kenan-Flagler, or Goizueta?

Applied to Mccombs and haven't gotten an invite. I believe they lump round 1 with round 2 consortium applicants.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 09:23
CAapplicant2015 wrote:
CBR2015 wrote:

Applied to Mccombs and haven't gotten an invite. I believe they lump round 1 with round 2 consortium applicants.

Thanks. I have been looking over the feed from last year to see when invites went out; it looks like around mid-January is when things started to pick up. McCombs sent me an email saying that I should hear from them by January 11th.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 11:05
Has anyone heard anything from UCLA - Anderson? I applied round 1 and I have not heard anything about them even receiving my application.
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants   [#permalink] 18 Dec 2012, 11:05