Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 03:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 31
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q45 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 14:49
money9111 wrote:
Hi All! I just had to jump in here as a 2011 Consortium applicant and major blogger. I remember these same questions last year and the year before.

1. Schools see everything except membership essays...

2. When you're putting your essays into the consortium system, use Internet Explorer. I remember having issues with it. They may have changed it since I applied, but if you're having trouble copy and pasting, then switch browsers.

3. I wrote this blog post, recounting my application process from 2 years ago, since today is the day that I hit submit. I wanted to give everyone something to think about AFTER you've all submitted your applications today. The link titled Application Submission Exhaustion in the blog post is quite funny as it recounts the frustration I experienced 2 years ago!

Blog Link: http://bit.ly/Jan5Submission

Best of Luck to all!!!!! You're about to embark on the most amazing experience of your life!



Thank you! All this information is incredibly helpful! Glad to hear you've enjoyed your time at Johnson, it's one of my top schools!
_________________

GMAT Official 3: Q45, V44, 730

570-to-660-to-730-my-gmat-journey-144703.html

The GMAT is beatable! Perseverance is the name of the game!

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 518
Schools: Cornell (accepted)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 14:55
I also just realized that the actual DAY that I hit submit was WEDNESDAY (yesterday). The actual DATE was the 5th. This shows that once you get into b-school, you forget which day of the week it is and/or the date. #Truth. NeverTheLess... Good Luck!

Krest19 wrote:
money9111 wrote:
Hi All! I just had to jump in here as a 2011 Consortium applicant and major blogger. I remember these same questions last year and the year before.

1. Schools see everything except membership essays...

2. When you're putting your essays into the consortium system, use Internet Explorer. I remember having issues with it. They may have changed it since I applied, but if you're having trouble copy and pasting, then switch browsers.

3. I wrote this blog post, recounting my application process from 2 years ago, since today is the day that I hit submit. I wanted to give everyone something to think about AFTER you've all submitted your applications today. The link titled Application Submission Exhaustion in the blog post is quite funny as it recounts the frustration I experienced 2 years ago!

Blog Link: http://bit.ly/Jan5Submission

Best of Luck to all!!!!! You're about to embark on the most amazing experience of your life!



Thank you! All this information is incredibly helpful! Glad to hear you've enjoyed your time at Johnson, it's one of my top schools!

_________________

Find out more about my MBA ADMISSIONS BOOK on how to navigate the b-school application process: http://bit.ly/1a9U7Cl

Blogged my way through the application process, 1st & 2nd year of school at Johnson at Cornell University - Graduated 5/26/2013 - Follow my MBA journey here @ http://www.money9111.blogspot.com | 1 New Post on 10/10
!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2012
Posts: 46
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 1540 Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 15:38
Does the Consortium state anywhere that they will not share your rankings with the schools until after you are accepted? For some reason I was under that impression, but now I find out that this is not true. Either way, it seems like a breach of trust. I wish I knew this before I applied; my strategy definitely would have been different.

If an applicant is sure that a particular Consortium school is not their top choice, and that school is one of those which requires applicants to rank it #1 in order to consider the applicant, the applicant would be better off applying through the regular application rather than the Consortium application.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 518
Schools: Cornell (accepted)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 15:50
Schools see the rankings when they get your application. Now whether or not you're admitted to a school is different from whether or not you get a fellowship.

Also don't forget about the benefit of being IN the Consortium. There are a lot of opportunities beyond an acceptances. It's a lifelong "club" so to speak.

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

Find out more about my MBA ADMISSIONS BOOK on how to navigate the b-school application process: http://bit.ly/1a9U7Cl

Blogged my way through the application process, 1st & 2nd year of school at Johnson at Cornell University - Graduated 5/26/2013 - Follow my MBA journey here @ http://www.money9111.blogspot.com | 1 New Post on 10/10
!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Posts: 47
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 08:31
Hey quick question. I am ranking the schools in order to maximize the odds of a fellowship and membership in the Consortium. Two questions:

Which of the following three schools is probably the EASIEST to get into Michigan, Cornell, and UVA. I want to rank that school one.

Which of the three schools gives out the most fellowship money. I thought it was Michigan but I don't know anything about Cornell and UVA.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 42
Location: United States
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 10:02
peeweeninja wrote:
Hey quick question. I am ranking the schools in order to maximize the odds of a fellowship and membership in the Consortium. Two questions:

Which of the following three schools is probably the EASIEST to get into Michigan, Cornell, and UVA. I want to rank that school one.

Which of the three schools gives out the most fellowship money. I thought it was Michigan but I don't know anything about Cornell and UVA.

Thanks,


I would advise against that. I would rank the schools in the order in which you would want to attend. Given that the schools can see the rankings, some are sensitive to that information and may not invite you to interview on the basis of ranking them lower. I ranked #1 the school that I thought I had the least chance of getting into, and I've already received an interview invite. Just my $0.02. But after speaking to others that went through the Consortium, they advised me to do the same.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 122
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 17:08
So around this time last year they were on page 20... Massive drop in applications this year?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 4
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 21:46
When entering the mission recommender information, did anyone have issues with them not receiving the link through their email? Unfortunately, the 2nd round application is due tomorrow and I was just informed that my recommender never received an email with a link. Does anyone know what the questions that are going to asked of them as well?

Anything insight would be greatly appreciated!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 31
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q45 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 21:51
emyrez wrote:
When entering the mission recommender information, did anyone have issues with them not receiving the link through their email? Unfortunately, the 2nd round application is due tomorrow and I was just informed that my recommender never received an email with a link. Does anyone know what the questions that are going to asked of them as well?

Anything insight would be greatly appreciated!



I ran into a similar issue a couple weeks back. It turned out that the Consortium email was in my recommender's trash box. Luckily, the trash had not been permanently deleted. If you submitted your recommender's information a while back, it is possible that the email went to the Spam folder and then, after a certain amount of time, went into the trash folder.

Check to see what date you sent in your recommender's info (you should have received a confirmation email). Then, ask your recommender to search in their Spam and Trash folders around this date.

Best of luck!
_________________

GMAT Official 3: Q45, V44, 730

570-to-660-to-730-my-gmat-journey-144703.html

The GMAT is beatable! Perseverance is the name of the game!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 4
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 22:00
Krest19 wrote:
emyrez wrote:
When entering the mission recommender information, did anyone have issues with them not receiving the link through their email? Unfortunately, the 2nd round application is due tomorrow and I was just informed that my recommender never received an email with a link. Does anyone know what the questions that are going to asked of them as well?

Anything insight would be greatly appreciated!



I ran into a similar issue a couple weeks back. It turned out that the Consortium email was in my recommender's trash box. Luckily, the trash had not been permanently deleted. If you submitted your recommender's information a while back, it is possible that the email went to the Spam folder and then, after a certain amount of time, went into the trash folder.

Check to see what date you sent in your recommender's info (you should have received a confirmation email). Then, ask your recommender to search in their Spam and Trash folders around this date.

Best of luck!


I thought the same thing too. I sent the member mission recommendation early this morning so they were able to easily check look through their spam later on and still no email. :/
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 22:44
when you log into the VIP application does it show you that your GMAT/GRE scores were received or just your recommenders and transcript? for some reason my test scores arent on the VIP checklist
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 122
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 07:44
will be in for Tuck Haas NYU Yale Anderson in a few hours

still deciding ranking strategy :(


my GMAT scores are shown on my VIP
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 08:50
Are people filling in every single question in the application, or just the required info?? Wondering how necessary to fill in everything..
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 122
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 09:02
doing all questions -- even for yale's can u explain this career idea a little betteri n 100 words? not sure if thats required or wanted but figured its good :) besto f luck for all!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 63
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 09:29
helpmehelpme wrote:
will be in for Tuck Haas NYU Yale Anderson in a few hours

still deciding ranking strategy :(


my GMAT scores are shown on my VIP



Where do you guys see the GMAT scores? Under the recommendation green checks?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 122
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 09:59
yes, its a green check not my actual score :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 31
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q45 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 16:56
ChloeStar wrote:
when you log into the VIP application does it show you that your GMAT/GRE scores were received or just your recommenders and transcript? for some reason my test scores arent on the VIP checklist



My test scores are not on my VIP page either. At MBA.com, the GMAT site, I see that my scores were reported to "Consortium for Graduate Study in Management Consortium for Graduate Study in Management - MBA, Full Time St. Louis MO, USA"

Did the people who have GMAT scores on their VIP page do something different when reporting scores? Was selecting "Consortium for Graduate Study in Management" not sufficient?
_________________

GMAT Official 3: Q45, V44, 730

570-to-660-to-730-my-gmat-journey-144703.html

The GMAT is beatable! Perseverance is the name of the game!

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 94
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 17:33
Submitted. Best of luck everyone.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 122
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 17:41
i just submitted mien and nothing else, maybe they just havent been linked up yet?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 21:46
I just submitted my app and I feel relieved !!

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

Follow my Blog as I attempt to pay it forward !!!
http://mbatechfinance.tumblr.com/

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Jan 2013, 21:46
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
95 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants CourtneyDelicia 555 24 May 2013, 07:15
282 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants helpmehelpme 1109 26 Oct 2012, 00:06
580 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! TheSenator 2345 27 Jun 2011, 05:55
62 Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! shadow 2638 07 Jun 2010, 23:12
47 Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) bigfernhead 898 09 Sep 2009, 06:53
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  56    Next  [ 1110 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.