Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 13:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 15:01
MBALA wrote:
joes310 wrote:
just got an interview invite from Cornell for anyone who's interested in knowing.

also, two questions:
Anyone hear from Emory yet? no confirmation from them.

And does anyone know how waitlists work with consortium? Im guessing that consortium encourages schools not to put people on waitlist because it messes up the fellowship selection process in March. Does anyone have any idea?

I interviewed with Cornell during the Fall (during their weekend) and just found out today that I was added to their wait-list. I just randomly decided to log-in and I saw the update to my status which had been there for a few days. Weirdly I didn't get an email notification. Thank God I checked!!

I was wondering want did you rank cornell? Also, Did you go to JMB?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 15:10
BackpackerAllstar wrote:
MBALA wrote:
joes310 wrote:
just got an interview invite from Cornell for anyone who's interested in knowing.

also, two questions:

And does anyone know how waitlists work with consortium? Im guessing that consortium encourages schools not to put people on waitlist because it messes up the fellowship selection process in March. Does anyone have any idea?

I interviewed with Cornell during the Fall (during their weekend) and just found out today that I was added to their wait-list. I just randomly decided to log-in and I saw the update to my status which had been there for a few days. Weirdly I didn't get an email notification. Thank God I checked!!

I was wondering want did you rank cornell? Also, Did you go to JMB?

I ranked them 3, dang rankings.

Last edited by MBALA on 30 Jan 2013, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 63 [1] , given: 37

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 15:24
This post received
KUDOS
joes310 wrote:

also, two questions:

To answer your second question, the schools select you for Consortium Fellowships, not the Consortium. So there's no reason for the Consortium to encourage schools not to put people on the waitlist, unfortunately.

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 15:45
This post received
KUDOS
trente wrote:
Eamers wrote:
To everyone who applied to UT McCombs, be sure that you have uploaded your transcripts directly to the McCombs status page. This can only be done once your application fee has been waived but they should all be waived by now. If you're unsure, log on and double check that this has all been completed. Cheers!

R2: How do we do this? I received a confirmation email from McCombs but did not get a login/password.

Outside of that, still no love from Ross or Cornell.

Humm... did your confirmation give you a date of further contact? I was cgsm 1 so confirmation receipts were sent in December but I also had already created a profile on UT's site prior to submitting my consortium app so I had already created my password. My confirmation from Shelley Clifford stated that the school would be sending a temp password and ID but I already had mine and it was also at the top of my confirmation email. There was also a timeline for future communication. Things have been slow and had some technical difficulties a couple weeks ago so maybe that's the hold up.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 18:12
I also got an email from Shelley Clifford that said that they will follow up on Feb 15 and no call to action.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 18:32
trente wrote:
I also got an email from Shelley Clifford that said that they will follow up on Feb 15 and no call to action.

Well sounds like you're all good then and McCombs must separate csgm 1 and 2 because my email says admissions decisions will be released the week of Feb 15th (which I assumed was a typo since Feb 15th is a Friday). Any who, enjoy the waiting game. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.61

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 18:36
jrabinovitz wrote:
Darden just sent me an e-mail saying they will be releasing decisions on Feb 8. Still no word from UCLA - supposedly they had a technical error in processing consortium applications. USC said they would be releasing decisions mid-Feb. Waiting to hear back from Yale as well. 2 more weeks. 2 more weeks!!!

I'm assuming you applied round 1 and Darden will announce their final decisions on Feb 8th? At first glance I thought you were referring to decisions on interview invites.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 19:58
R1 Applied
Just got admit call for Cornell! So excited. Only received confirmation that my application was received from other schools. In fact, haven't received any login information for Yale or Tuck...anyone else?

Last edited by yeloaw on 31 Jan 2013, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 05:00
soniaj wrote:
possom wrote:
soniaj wrote:
So I have yet to receive an email from the Consortium, stating that my application has been forwarded to the schools I applied to (they are waiting to receive my official test scores)... but I received an interview invite from Kelley last weekend. Does anyone have any idea how this process works? How does Kelley know that I applied, if the Consortium has not forwarded my application?

hey Soniaj, i am also applying to Kelley. Did you get any email from Kelley saying they got your applicatoin? I also got an interview invite but I did not get any email saying they received my application.

Hi - No i have yet to receive an email from Kelley saying that they have received my application. I did receive an email inviting me to a faculty/alumni brunch at a hotel in New York, but Kelley most likely sent that invite to everyone on their NYC list serve.

Thanks Soniaj.. I hope they will send it soon..
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 07:22
Has anyone who applied Round 2 vis Consortium heard anything from Tuck?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 12:35
Brielle147 wrote:

did you schedule an interview on campus?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 12:46
helpmehelpme wrote:
Brielle147 wrote:

Yes, I interviewed last month..
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 12:51
Got the interview invite from Ross! I received the email around 12:45 PST. Would everyone suggest that I travel there to do an in person so I can attend the BBSA Conference?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 13:23
Brielle147 wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:
Brielle147 wrote:

Yes, I interviewed last month..

i think tuck just lets us know a decision. also, the consortium / diversity recruiting member of tucks adcom (karen marks) supposedly left earlier this year so im not sure if that is what may be delaying us receiving a tuck login? but i am assuming we just wait for it and find oput :)
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 13:53
I'm afraid because my file wasn't complete till 01/22 and Cornell received app on 01/26 and I have yet to receive update from Emory.

Follow my Blog as I attempt to pay it forward !!!
http://mbatechfinance.tumblr.com/

Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 14:31
I don't think Emory has sent confirmation to any R2 Consortium applicants.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 15:19
Also got an invite to Ross today. It was in my spam box!! If you've applied to Ross and still haven't received an invite, make sure to check your spam folder.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 15:45
trente wrote:
Also got an invite to Ross today. It was in my spam box!! If you've applied to Ross and still haven't received an invite, make sure to check your spam folder.

Congrats... And SERIOUSLY...TO ALL MICHIGAN ROSS APPLICANTS- add the email address: rossinterview@umich.edu to whatever 'safe' list you have in you email system that will stop this address from going to your spam folder. This is one email you definitely don't want to miss. Cheers!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 18:48
For all of the Ross invites, did you all get confirmation beforehand that Ross had received your application?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 18:58
Didn't receive any confirmation, only an interview invite.
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants   [#permalink] 31 Jan 2013, 18:58