Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 02:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 10:10
Invited to interview at Goizueta. US Applicant. It appears that they only have weekday interview slots available. Hopefully they add some weekend availabilities.

Last edited by DMNY31 on 19 Feb 2013, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 10:39
To those R2's in at Johnson, how long after your interview did it take to see an updated status?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 10:41
I am a round 2 consortium - Tuck.

Has anyone heard anything from Tuck? I have not received confirmation that they have my information. I keep getting the prospective student emails:
Tuck Application Deadline, Tips for Applying to Tuck... etc.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 24

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 13:31
g7polo wrote:
kawasaki wrote:
Just curious - for all of y'all that got admitted to McCombs, have you had any notification email of a status update - basically, has your status being updated to "Admitted" or something like that? I still have no status updates published for me.

When I log in to GIAC there still is no change but when I go to https://mccombs-utexas-admissions.symplicity.com/ it has a congratulatory message with an option to accept the admissions.

I wonder if accepting before the draft will influence their decision (and if so, would it positively impact my chances?) for me to get the fellowship.

Thanks for the information. Yes you are right I see a congratulatory note on this site.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 13:34
g7polo wrote:
kawasaki wrote:
Just curious - for all of y'all that got admitted to McCombs, have you had any notification email of a status update - basically, has your status being updated to "Admitted" or something like that? I still have no status updates published for me.

When I log in to GIAC there still is no change but when I go to https://mccombs-utexas-admissions.symplicity.com/ it has a congratulatory message with an option to accept the admissions.

I wonder if accepting before the draft will influence their decision (and if so, would it positively impact my chances?) for me to get the fellowship.

My 2 cents - I think you should wait it out before accepting the admission. Are you applying to other schools outside the Consortium? What did you rank Texas on the apps?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 13:49
kawasaki wrote:
g7polo wrote:
kawasaki wrote:

My 2 cents - I think you should wait it out before accepting the admission. Are you applying to other schools outside the Consortium? What did you rank Texas on the apps?

I ranked Texas number 1 and it is my overall top choice for schools. I was thinking the same about waiting until scholarship/fellowship info came out. I was wondering if they may just look upon that acceptance as another reason to hand out the fellowship to me (higher yield of consortium students) or if they'd have the opposite mindset ("this guy is already matriculating, let's try and recruit someone else").

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 15:27
Whoa, just got an invite to interview at Johnson! I was sure that ship had sailed considering how close we are to the deadline (next Wednesday FYI!) Now debating traveling up to Ithaca or Skype...I'm nervous about Skype, I've never used it ever before. Maybe 12 hours round trip is worth not having technology screw with me.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 16:42
CT2 wrote:
Whoa, just got an invite to interview at Johnson! I was sure that ship had sailed considering how close we are to the deadline (next Wednesday FYI!) Now debating traveling up to Ithaca or Skype...I'm nervous about Skype, I've never used it ever before. Maybe 12 hours round trip is worth not having technology screw with me.

Hi CT2, congrats on the Johnson interview! I did my interview last week via skype. It was only my third time using it too. Honestly it was so worth setting it up and not having to take a trip to Ithaca (unless you are super close). My interviewer was so incredibly friendly and we had a great conversation. A few days later I got the acceptance from Johnson.

I would highly recommend using skype because it really doesnt take away too much from the interview. Just make sure you take the time to practice in front of the camera and also test out your equipment after downloading the skype program. Good luck!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 17:39
btw has anyone heard anyyyyyything from haas regarding interviews? im thinking theyre one of the last to release
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 19:32
helpmehelpme wrote:
btw has anyone heard anyyyyyything from haas regarding interviews? im thinking theyre one of the last to release

No peep yet, the last official word was that the decisions will start rolling mid-feb.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 06:38
joes310 wrote:
CT2 wrote:

Hi CT2, congrats on the Johnson interview! I did my interview last week via skype. It was only my third time using it too. Honestly it was so worth setting it up and not having to take a trip to Ithaca (unless you are super close). My interviewer was so incredibly friendly and we had a great conversation. A few days later I got the acceptance from Johnson.

I would highly recommend using skype because it really doesnt take away too much from the interview. Just make sure you take the time to practice in front of the camera and also test out your equipment after downloading the skype program. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the advice! That makes me feel better about choosing the Skype option. I was thinking of going this Sunday for a Monday interview, but I'm in Boston and we are supposed to get a bunch of snow Sunday. I would hate to be stuck somewhere between here and Ithaca. I'm definitely going to practice my skyping skills beforehand! And congrats on the acceptance!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 39

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 09:07
Just got an email from Tuck financial aid asking me to complete the application for Tuck School of Business Scholarships... Did anyone else who applied to tuck through the consortium get this? Is it an automated email or is it an early hint of good news???
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 09:58
R2 Consortium applicant and I just got the email as well. I was wondering the same thing...

bluegmat700 wrote:
Just got an email from Tuck financial aid asking me to complete the application for Tuck School of Business Scholarships... Did anyone else who applied to tuck through the consortium get this? Is it an automated email or is it an early hint of good news???
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 10:05
bluegmat700 wrote:

R2 Consortium applicant and got the email as well. Now I think it was an automatic email. :(
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 39

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 10:44
golsey wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

R2 Consortium applicant and got the email as well. Now I think it was an automatic email. :(

Had you completed the scholarship application before? I had asked them before if we needed to complete any additional documents and they had said no; the 500 essay seems like a tall order, especially cause we only have two days!!!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 11:06
bluegmat700 wrote:
golsey wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

Had you completed the scholarship application before? I had asked them before if we needed to complete any additional documents and they had said no; the 500 essay seems like a tall order, especially cause we only have two days!!!

I too received the email regarding the Tuck School of Business Scholarship.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 14:07
([/quote]

Had you completed the scholarship application before? I had asked them before if we needed to complete any additional documents and they had said no; the 500 essay seems like a tall order, especially cause we only have two days!!![/quote]

I too received the email regarding the Tuck School of Business Scholarship.[/quote]

I'll add that I got this email too last year. It's totally automated and has no correlation to your admit chances.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 14:42
Has anyone received ANYTHING from UCLA? I haven't even received as much as a log-in.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 15:22
This post received
KUDOS
minkathebest wrote:
Has anyone received ANYTHING from UCLA? I haven't even received as much as a log-in.

Well, I know they are currently giving out interview invites, because I received one recently. However, Prior to the invite, I did not here anything from them at all. So even though you haven't heard anything, I think there is still hope since they don't seem to give any kind of notification prior to interviews.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 03:54
minkathebest wrote:

I interviewed the other day

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants   [#permalink] 21 Feb 2013, 03:54