Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 14:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 46

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 07:18
re Johnson
I heard a week after my interview. Same as others experienced- logged in and saw acceptance and then got a call after 5PM.

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.61
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 09:45
bluegmat700 wrote:
golsey wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:
Just got an email from Tuck financial aid asking me to complete the application for Tuck School of Business Scholarships... Did anyone else who applied to tuck through the consortium get this? Is it an automated email or is it an early hint of good news???

R2 Consortium applicant and got the email as well. Now I think it was an automatic email. :(

Had you completed the scholarship application before? I had asked them before if we needed to complete any additional documents and they had said no; the 500 essay seems like a tall order, especially cause we only have two days!!!

I didn't take the time to look it up, but I'm pretty sure there was a line in the Consortium Application about fulfilling Tuck's requirements for financial aid by the deadline that corresponds to your application round. I actually thought they meant the date that the Application was due so I cranked it out like a day after I submitted my Consortium Application.
Current Student
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 11:39
Quote:
I wonder if accepting before the draft will influence their decision (and if so, would it positively impact my chances?) for me to get the fellowship.

Generally, I would say that you should do what makes sense for you and not really try to overthink it. For example, would you go to UT even if you didn't get the consortium fellowship there? What if you got the fellowship at your #2?

At the end of the day, I don't know that adcoms are going to be swayed one way or another based on you accepting or not. I think it affects you more (by taking away your choice) than it would potentially help you (because I don't think it factors in) if that makes sense.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 13:18
Just curious - of all the candidates that Ross sends interview invites to, what percentage end up being accepted? Does anyone know?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: Operations (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 64

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 15:07
soniaj wrote:
Just curious - of all the candidates that Ross sends interview invites to, what percentage end up being accepted? Does anyone know?

Found this in the Poets and Quants article referenced above. Quote from Soojin:

What percentage of interviewed applicants are accepted?

A high percentage, maybe 70%. I don’t know off the top of my head. Well, we try to interview people who are going to be wait listed as well so we get those assessments in advance. Those in round one who get waitlisted may stack up higher against those applicants in round two. So it’s nice to have already completed the interview.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 210

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 23:23
MediumOil2013 wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:
golsey wrote:

Had you completed the scholarship application before? I had asked them before if we needed to complete any additional documents and they had said no; the 500 essay seems like a tall order, especially cause we only have two days!!!

I didn't take the time to look it up, but I'm pretty sure there was a line in the Consortium Application about fulfilling Tuck's requirements for financial aid by the deadline that corresponds to your application round. I actually thought they meant the date that the Application was due so I cranked it out like a day after I submitted my Consortium Application.

I am a RD 1 applicant. I called Fin Aid earlier this week to ask for an extension in order to finalize my taxes, but I was kindly denied. I need to wake up tomorrow and write that essay. I rushed to get my taxes finalized today (even though the form only requires estimates). The date certainly crept up on me. I should have submitted it as soon as I finished my CGSM app, but I was a little burned out. Good luck to everyone!
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit

Kudos [?]: 22 [3] , given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 10:48
This post received
KUDOS
Just got admitted to UT McCombs!!!! (CGSM 1) So happy :lol:
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 39

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 11:12
This post received
KUDOS
tonebeeze wrote:
I am a RD 1 applicant. I called Fin Aid earlier this week to ask for an extension in order to finalize my taxes, but I was kindly denied. I need to wake up tomorrow and write that essay. I rushed to get my taxes finalized today (even though the form only requires estimates). The date certainly crept up on me. I should have submitted it as soon as I finished my CGSM app, but I was a little burned out. Good luck to everyone!

Just sent it in today, I also speed wrote it, I just hope its good enough, it was easier since it was just a bio.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 37

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 13:45
Does anyone know how when Yale will make final decisions to Consortium applicants? I interviewed on the 14th.
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 13:59
Did anyone get an email from Ruck today saying they were going to start reviewing your application?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 14:51
kriddick2 wrote:
Does anyone know how when Yale will make final decisions to Consortium applicants? I interviewed on the 14th.

I thought today was decision day, but there has been some conflicting information from Yale about the notification date. I haven't received an interview invite so I already bought some Popeye's today hoping for the worst. Now, I might have to repeat this again next week which will deliver quite a blow to my New Years Resolution.

In their email notification
We will notify you by email when your admissions decision status has been updated. The online status site will be updated once admissions decisions are sent by 5PM EST on February 22, 2013.

In their blog
We will release decisions for all Consortium applicants by the end of February.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.25

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 37

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 14:52
MBALA wrote:
kriddick2 wrote:

I thought today was decision day, but there has been some conflicting information from Yale about the notification date. I haven't received an interview invite so I already bought some Popeye's today hoping for the worst. Now, I might have to repeat this again next week which will deliver quite a blow to my New Years Resolution.

We will notify you by email when your admissions decision status has been updated. The online status site will be updated once admissions decisions are sent by 5PM EST on February 22, 2013.

In their blog

yea I saw that too. Weird.

http://mba.yale.edu/news_events/CMS/Art ... ent=More...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 15:00
MBALA wrote:
kriddick2 wrote:

In their blog

Haha, I'm in the same boat but I took it to the 90s with Doritos and a Caramelo. I wish they would give us some updated communication! The end of feb and feb 22 are VERY different! And the worst is that they say you could be invited to interview right up until the last minute, which means keeping that hope alive. Good luck to you (to all of us!), enjoy Popeyes!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 19:01
I don't think anyone has heard anything other than initial notification from haas have they?

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 19:03
MBALA wrote:
kriddick2 wrote:

In their blog

@MBALA , when did they send the email about decisions coming on 22nd ? I've heard few people mention that email but I didn't get one and I interviewed like 3weeks ago.
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 20:35
helpmehelpme wrote:
I don't think anyone has heard anything other than initial notification from haas have they?

Nope, I haven't heard anything but the initial confirmation email. I have given up hope. Will they ever send interview invites?!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 04:51
I'm trying to figure out if we are just not getting interviews or if they're just very late to send -- I know their other January rounds aren't reviewed until late!

Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 09:16
USC did the same thing with mismatched dates. They said in an email to all consortium applicants that we would hear by mid February, my interviewer said by the end of February, and a call to the admissions office to clarify told me late March (which must be off given the fellowship dates). The uncertainty is killer!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 09:36
egol7577 wrote:
USC did the same thing with mismatched dates. They said in an email to all consortium applicants that we would hear by mid February, my interviewer said by the end of February, and a call to the admissions office to clarify told me late March (which must be off given the fellowship dates). The uncertainty is killer!

I agree, it's pretty annoying, I don't see why they can't just get on the same page and communicate one date. But I'm hoping it will be early next week for Marshall. My interviewer said the exact same thing, that they will send decisions during the last few days of February. I would disregard the call to admissions, Some admissions personnel don't even seem to understand what the Consortium Fellowship is, and they just communicate information related to the standard applications.

With regards to anyone who has made comments about Haas, I would not lose hope yet! If you go back to this thread for the 2012 applicants, around this same time last year, there were a lot of grumbles about Haas as well. No one had received an interview, people were wondering if everyone just got dinged, etc. But in the end, some interviews did come through very late in the game. So I really believe Haas just has a slower process for some reason. My fingers are still crossed for myself and everyone else on here who applied to Haas.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 10:08
Hi all! I have been a longtime lurker on this thread. I was wondering if anyone knew the status of Stern applications for Consortium? Have they sent out all interview invitations at this point?
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2013, 10:08