Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 22:05
I have aplied round 2 and havent gotten invites from Cornell or Darden (invited to Ross). Should I assume I ws rejected?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 22:20
MoveTheChains wrote:
elleesie wrote:
Wow. I just had the most intimidating interview for Marshall. The interviewer informed me when we started that the interview would last about a half hour. It ended up being an hour. I don't know what to think about that. Usually, after walking out of the interview, i have some kind of idea whether or not it went well. I'm totally stumped. I'm hoping the interviewer was just so interested and had so many questions to ask that it ran way long. Here's to the cup being half full! :)

I have an interview with Marshall next week. What made the interview intimidating? Who did you interview with and what kind of questions were you asked?

The interview was intimidating because it wasn't as relaxed and conversational as most of the other interviews I've had. It kind of felt like i was being interrogated; my interviewer must have asked me around 30 questions. As a result, I'm sure the interviewer got a pretty good sense of who I am, my goals, and perhaps my personality type to see if I have the potential to be able to succeed in a rigorous program... but, all of those unexpected questions made me nervous!

I was asked the standard questions, like, walk me through your resume, why an MBA, why Marshall, and short and long term goals. Then he asked me lots (and LOTS) of questions based on my resume and past work experience and whether or not I feel like an MBA is necessary to get to where I want to be, etc.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to know about my experiences in more detail ;) Good look with your interview next week!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 22:40
MoveTheChains wrote:
Invited to interview at Ross today!

Congrats MovetheChains, will you be attending the Constortium Interview Day on Friday?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.59

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 01:42
Thank you muchly! My interview invitation email didn't mention Consortium Interview Day- probably because of the short turnaround. I have until the 22nd to complete my interview- via on-campus, alum or Skype. Any suggestions?

RossMBA2014 wrote:
MoveTheChains wrote:
Invited to interview at Ross today!

Congrats MovetheChains, will you be attending the Constortium Interview Day on Friday?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 07:56
peeweeninja wrote:
I have aplied round 2 and havent gotten invites from Cornell or Darden (invited to Ross). Should I assume I ws rejected?

I wouldn't assume that yet! They may still have not reviewed your application yet, especially for Darden.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.61

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 08:02
cinder4277 wrote:
peeweeninja wrote:

I wouldn't assume that yet! They may still have not reviewed your application yet, especially for Darden.

Yea I still haven't heard from Stern or Darden. I'm giving it one more week before I assume the worst.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 09:22
elleesie wrote:
MoveTheChains wrote:
elleesie wrote:
Wow. I just had the most intimidating interview for Marshall. The interviewer informed me when we started that the interview would last about a half hour. It ended up being an hour. I don't know what to think about that. Usually, after walking out of the interview, i have some kind of idea whether or not it went well. I'm totally stumped. I'm hoping the interviewer was just so interested and had so many questions to ask that it ran way long. Here's to the cup being half full! :)

I have an interview with Marshall next week. What made the interview intimidating? Who did you interview with and what kind of questions were you asked?

The interview was intimidating because it wasn't as relaxed and conversational as most of the other interviews I've had. It kind of felt like i was being interrogated; my interviewer must have asked me around 30 questions. As a result, I'm sure the interviewer got a pretty good sense of who I am, my goals, and perhaps my personality type to see if I have the potential to be able to succeed in a rigorous program... but, all of those unexpected questions made me nervous!

I was asked the standard questions, like, walk me through your resume, why an MBA, why Marshall, and short and long term goals. Then he asked me lots (and LOTS) of questions based on my resume and past work experience and whether or not I feel like an MBA is necessary to get to where I want to be, etc.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to know about my experiences in more detail ;) Good look with your interview next week!

Well at least it sounds like you only had 1 interviewer, when I interviewed at Marshall last year I had two! and they were shooting questions left and right! I think it was just because one was somewhat new or something, though. But I hoped you liked Marshall; I absolutely loved that place!

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 11:42
elleesie wrote:
MoveTheChains wrote:
elleesie wrote:

That's interesting, my Marshall interview was quite the opposite. I was a bit nervous to start, because it was my very first MBA interview, but after about 5 minutes, I forgot it was an interview, and was very relaxed. Was actually a very enjoyable experience. I will say, my interviewer made the same initial comment about how it would be about a 30 minute interview, but we ended up speaking for almost an hour as well. I don't think that is a bad thing.
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 1540 Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2013, 03:27
Any other Consortium folks in at Tuck?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2013, 20:47
HinConsulting wrote:
Any other Consortium folks in at Tuck?

No one :(
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 07:43
helpmehelpme wrote:
jay4den wrote:
...what a way to end the week! Accepted to Tuck...and Cornell... #excited!!

congrats jay :)

Thanks! I wish you the best with your apps...
Intern
Intern
WE: Corporate Finance (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 26

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 12:57
Anyone hear news from Yale recently?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 13:35
Yale is closed today and tomorrow. I doubt we'll hear anything.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 13:55
minkathebest wrote:

Good call. I'll put off my fretting until Wednesday. :)
Intern
Intern
WE: Corporate Finance (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 26

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 13:58
CT2 wrote:
minkathebest wrote:

Good call. I'll put off my fretting until Wednesday. :)

I'm sure they are working from home..I'll continue to fret. 8-)
Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 16:00
Has Anyone heard back from USC yet? I know they were doing consortium interviews last week and this week (I had a Skype interview on Friday), but they also sent an email saying that they would release all consortium decisions by mid-February, so just wondering if anyone has heard. If yes, please let us know what day you interviewed!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GRE 1: 319 Q159 V160
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 18:02
It looks like non-Consortium McCombs applicants from round two (also with a 2/15 response date) started receiving acceptance emails from adcom tonight. Has anyone who applied through the Consortium received anything?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 18:46
clb2015 wrote:
It looks like non-Consortium McCombs applicants from round two (also with a 2/15 response date) started receiving acceptance emails from adcom tonight. Has anyone who applied through the Consortium received anything?

Only interviewed, no decision yet.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 20:28
egol7577 wrote:
Has Anyone heard back from USC yet? I know they were doing consortium interviews last week and this week (I had a Skype interview on Friday), but they also sent an email saying that they would release all consortium decisions by mid-February, so just wondering if anyone has heard. If yes, please let us know what day you interviewed!!

My Marshall interview was on Friday as well. I may be wrong, but I don't think they will start releasing decisions until after all the interviews have taken place. My interviewer gave me the impression that it would probably be towards the end of next week that I could expect to hear back.

Has anyone who applied to Haas for R2 received anything besides just a notification email?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.59

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 11:27
Anyone still waiting to receive confirmation from Stern? A few pages back, it was mentioned that that there was a delay in getting some of the Consortium apps to a number schools. Ross was one of them. I'm wondering if Stern is another since I've yet to receive confirmation from them and my application was supposed to have been forwarded on January 17.
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants   [#permalink] 12 Feb 2013, 11:27