Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 09:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Posts: 36
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.51
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 21:01
I randomly logged into McCombs site and my fee was waived. I will upload my transcripts in the morning. March 11 is the day? Wow. UNCs decision date is March 18. Lol.

I made the wonderful decision to only apply to 2 schools during R2. And both wait until the last hour to issue decisions. My nerves are so bad lol. I don't know how I'm staying productive. If I were to do this again, I'd have started this process earlier and staggered more apps across R1 & R2. Then again, I only wanted to go to these two schools soooooo maybe it's best.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 63
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 21:29
I was a R2 cgsm haas applicant and was invited to interview on 2/11.[/quote]

Argh... that's not what I was hoping to hear... :|
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Feb 2012
Posts: 99
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 21:41
eganfbrown wrote:
RE: McCombs

Yep, I was just randomly checking my login info last week and I was able to upload my transcripts so I would urge you to try the same. I never received the fee-waiver e-mail prompting me to upload transcripts. I got my interview invite yesterday and will be interviewing tomorrow :shock:


I just checked my portal and was also able to upload my transcripts, but I never got the fee waiver email. Beware though, the UT grad system interface is not great. I uploaded the incorrect version of my undergrad transcript, and am not able to change it. I emailed Shelley about it, but you would think there would be a simple delete button like there has been on all other applications. Ugh.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Posts: 36
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.51
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 04:35
Yeah I came across some instructions that warned about not being able to delete or overwrite files on McCombs system. I will be über careful when I do. Going to upload them when I get to work. I didn't receive an email saying fees were waived either.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2013
Posts: 21
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 08:06
Has anyone received any news from Marshall yet? This has already been mentioned, but I find it disappointing that they would communicate to us mid-February, then push it back to end of February, then let it slip into March. Hopefully they'll communicate something today?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 37
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 12:08
Just got waitlisted without an Interview at NYU Stern. Its been a bad year and I've been embarrassed to post, especially after getting rejected from Yale after Interviewing, but oh well. Fingers crossed for Darden and Marshall. Any advice on dealing with Waitlist without interview?
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 116
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 50 [2] , given: 37

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 12:16
2
This post received
KUDOS
MassApplyer wrote:
Just got waitlisted without an Interview at NYU Stern. Its been a bad year and I've been embarrassed to post, especially after getting rejected from Yale after Interviewing, but oh well. Fingers crossed for Darden and Marshall. Any advice on dealing with Waitlist without interview?


Stay positive! Everyone ends up where they belong. Keep the faith and have a couple of adult beverages this weekend.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 12:21
1
This post received
KUDOS
I checked my UT portal the other day after interviewing, and it's saying they don't have an active application for me. I emailed Shelley about transcripts but she said there was nothing else they required of me as of yet so that seems rather confusing?

Anyone else have portal issues like this?


ldryan wrote:
eganfbrown wrote:
RE: McCombs

Yep, I was just randomly checking my login info last week and I was able to upload my transcripts so I would urge you to try the same. I never received the fee-waiver e-mail prompting me to upload transcripts. I got my interview invite yesterday and will be interviewing tomorrow :shock:


I just checked my portal and was also able to upload my transcripts, but I never got the fee waiver email. Beware though, the UT grad system interface is not great. I uploaded the incorrect version of my undergrad transcript, and am not able to change it. I emailed Shelley about it, but you would think there would be a simple delete button like there has been on all other applications. Ugh.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 12:22
1
This post received
KUDOS
I had a really positive interview with Marshall last week, but also haven't heard anything back unfortunately. At the end of my interview, all he said was that we would keep in touch and that fellowship info goes out at the mid/end of March? So hopefully we hear back soon, good luck!

DTT123 wrote:
Has anyone received any news from Marshall yet? This has already been mentioned, but I find it disappointing that they would communicate to us mid-February, then push it back to end of February, then let it slip into March. Hopefully they'll communicate something today?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 64
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 13:24
1
This post received
KUDOS
My Marshall interviewer said all CGSM decisions will be made and communicated within the next week.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 13:34
urarunner2 wrote:
MassApplyer wrote:
Just got waitlisted without an Interview at NYU Stern. Its been a bad year and I've been embarrassed to post, especially after getting rejected from Yale after Interviewing, but oh well. Fingers crossed for Darden and Marshall. Any advice on dealing with Waitlist without interview?


Stay positive! Everyone ends up where they belong. Keep the faith and have a couple of adult beverages this weekend.


Hang in there! I'm with you on the dings, it's rough--Yale was my top choice and I got dinged with no interview. Ouch. That said, did you read last year's thread and follow the saga of Mooze? Gives you hope that it will all turn out in the end!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 21
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Advertising and PR)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 14:43
cole2012 wrote:
My Marshall interviewer said all CGSM decisions will be made and communicated within the next week.

Posted from my mobile device


As of Today?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 64
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 15:43
egol7577 wrote:
cole2012 wrote:
My Marshall interviewer said all CGSM decisions will be made and communicated within the next week.

Posted from my mobile device


As of Today?


Yes.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 37
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:37
cole2012 wrote:
egol7577 wrote:
cole2012 wrote:
My Marshall interviewer said all CGSM decisions will be made and communicated within the next week.

Posted from my mobile device


As of Today?


Yes.


Anyone hear from USC Marshall today?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 20
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.61
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2013, 07:59
Got a last minute interview with Darden! Anyone know the acceptance rate for applicants that interview there?
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Current MBA Student
Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 129
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 210

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2013, 23:57
MediumOil2013 wrote:
Got a last minute interview with Darden! Anyone know the acceptance rate for applicants that interview there?


I would guess it is north of 50%. I loved visiting Darden and interviewing there. Such a beautiful campus! The interview is very conversational. Just be pleasant and be prepared to answer the classic "Tell me about yourself" speech...and you will do well. Good luck!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 122
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 08:44
Anderson started sending out admits in the normal forum... CGSM fast approaching?:)

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 64
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 12:07
In at Marshall! West coast...
5 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 37
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [5] , given: 7

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 12:12
5
This post received
KUDOS
Finally got my first acceptance... In at Marshall! Wow it feels good!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2013
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 12:12
cole2012 wrote:
In at Marshall! West coast...


Congratulations! Did you apply R1 or R2?
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2013, 12:12
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
98 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants CourtneyDelicia 556 24 May 2013, 07:15
283 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants helpmehelpme 1109 26 Oct 2012, 00:06
580 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! TheSenator 2345 27 Jun 2011, 05:55
62 Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! shadow 2638 07 Jun 2010, 23:12
47 Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) bigfernhead 898 09 Sep 2009, 06:53
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  56    Next  [ 1110 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.