Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 11:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 08:29
This post received
KUDOS
rrossjd wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:
then one could argue that your investment in the consultants may have led to better essays and application which may have been responsible for your full ride to vandy. if you ranked darden as your #1 then maybe its worth the $1k to travel there and eat that costs to save the 55k a year in tuition from a potential full ride. its an investment. no free lunches but consortium does a damn well good job at offering great opportunities, network, and a high fellowship chance compared to traditional applications. definitely not a bait and switch

So wrong kid.... Vandy was my final application also without a consultant's help... nice try...

what am i nice trying? youre the one who made the comment about using the two consultants and seemed like your comment about that was a bit snarky to machichi but even if its without a consultant youre still gonna gain some insight from your consultants assistance in other apps for your very last application..

tldr the whole process is expensive and costs money for everyone involved no matter what and we all spend money on alternate transcripts, gmat scores, gmat prep, travel, time, etc everything else. ultimately it is up to us to pick the schools and go with the methods that give us the best return on investment for our own desired goals. if something doesnt work for you then you have to make that decision
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 07:19
This post received
KUDOS
bftw wrote:
Anyone have an idea when the draft is (early March?)?

Based on last year's thread draft decisions came around March 15th, but a few people seemed to have heard earlier. I'm going to be out of the country! I pulled this list from last year's thread. It isn't complete, but I think gives a sense of what to expect.:

Haas =====
UCLA ===== Calls reported on 3/14
Tepper ===== Phone calls started 03/14
Johnson ===== Phone calls started 03/13
Tuck ===== Calls started 3/15
Goizueta ===== Calls started 3/14
Kelley =====
Ross ===== Calls started 3/14
UNC ===== Calls started 3/15
Simon =====
Marshall ===== Phone calls started 3/14
Darden ===== Phone calls started 03/13
Olin ===== Phone calls started 03/14
Wisconsin =====
Yale ===== Calls started 3/15
McCombs ===== Calls started 3/13
Stern ===== Calls started 3/15
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 14:02
This post received
KUDOS
MBACO15 wrote:
Got an email acceptance to Stern!

Consortium Round 2: Jan. 5
Consortium Released to Schools: Jan. 19
NYU Confirmation: Jan. 24
Invitation to Interview: Jan. 28
Interviewed: Jan. 30
Accepted: Feb. 13

Congratulations! Good luck on the fellowship!!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 15:22
This post received
KUDOS
minkathebest wrote:
Has anyone received ANYTHING from UCLA? I haven't even received as much as a log-in.

Well, I know they are currently giving out interview invites, because I received one recently. However, Prior to the invite, I did not here anything from them at all. So even though you haven't heard anything, I think there is still hope since they don't seem to give any kind of notification prior to interviews.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 39

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 11:12
This post received
KUDOS
tonebeeze wrote:
I am a RD 1 applicant. I called Fin Aid earlier this week to ask for an extension in order to finalize my taxes, but I was kindly denied. I need to wake up tomorrow and write that essay. I rushed to get my taxes finalized today (even though the form only requires estimates). The date certainly crept up on me. I should have submitted it as soon as I finished my CGSM app, but I was a little burned out. Good luck to everyone!

Just sent it in today, I also speed wrote it, I just hope its good enough, it was easier since it was just a bio.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 12:14
This post received
KUDOS
R2 here in at Johnson!!! Just wanted to follow up with the other Johnson admits, I also got a message inviting me to leadership weekend to compete for the Park fellowships but just noticed the upcoming weekend is March 1-2 and because I haven't actually received the paper invite I'm worried I might miss out on this :/ To the other consortium applicants attending do you know if the R2's are invited to this weekend or the weekend in April???
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 6

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 12:22
This post received
KUDOS
jay4den wrote:
MBALA wrote:
kriddick2 wrote:
Does anyone know how when Yale will make final decisions to Consortium applicants? I interviewed on the 14th.

I thought today was decision day, but there has been some conflicting information from Yale about the notification date. I haven't received an interview invite so I already bought some Popeye's today hoping for the worst. Now, I might have to repeat this again next week which will deliver quite a blow to my New Years Resolution.

In their email notification
We will notify you by email when your admissions decision status has been updated. The online status site will be updated once admissions decisions are sent by 5PM EST on February 22, 2013.

In their blog
We will release decisions for all Consortium applicants by the end of February.

@MBALA , when did they send the email about decisions coming on 22nd ? I've heard few people mention that email but I didn't get one and I interviewed like 3weeks ago.

I had my interview last week, the storm really backed them up. Adcom said that ideally they wanted to notify on Friday... but that they still had people left to interview so they would most likely notify today- though that could now be pushed to tomorrow or Wednesday. Good luck, you guys.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 21:31
This post received
KUDOS
tonebeeze wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:
I don't think anyone has heard anything other than initial notification from haas have they?

Posted from my mobile device Image

I was wondering the same thing. When I visited campus for Super Saturday interviews, I thought I heard the Admission Committee say that admission decisions for RD 1 CGSM applicants would be released 2/21/13. I guess I misheard.

Yep I heard the same thing...guess that didn't apply to CGSM people...
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 11:08
This post received
KUDOS
minkathebest wrote:
Have any consortium folks received acceptance call from Yale?

Got the call...my last consortium school....now the countdown to draft begins
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 11:19
This post received
KUDOS
aerien wrote:
jay4den wrote:
minkathebest wrote:
Have any consortium folks received acceptance call from Yale?

Got the call...my last consortium school....now the countdown to draft begins

Congratulations!! You have quite the decision to make!!

Thank you....I sure have a tough one to make but hopefully fellowship decisions will help ease my decision-making process...
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 414 [1] , given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 15:53
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
urarunner2 wrote:
GOT THE CALL! ACCEPTED! Then I yelled "oh shit!" for 3 minutes while talking to Adcom.

Truly humbled.

Hahaha! Best line of the day :-D Don't worry though; I"m sure they've heard it all!

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 18:37
This post received
KUDOS
Eamers wrote:
CGSM 1 here. Just got the admissions call from Haas!!!! Seeing as Berkeley was my #1 choice I am over the moon happy right now!!!! Go Bears! :lol:

Same here! Congrats!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 04:48
This post received
KUDOS
Eamers wrote:
jay4den wrote:
Eamers wrote:
CGSM 1 here. Just got the admissions call from Haas!!!! Seeing as Berkeley was my #1 choice I am over the moon happy right now!!!! Go Bears! :lol:

Congrats!! So are your guys planning to apply for scholarships? The deadline is Friday and each of the scholarships requires an essay. I wish we had more time

Yeah I'm going to go because I live in the Bay so it's easy for me, but also because I'm just super excited to meet some of my new classmates! YAY!!!! And Yes, jay4den I'll also be to applying for some of the other scholarships. I know it's short notice with the first deadline being Friday for most of them but I'm just thankful to be in and have a shot at other scholarships at all. On the phone, Stephanie did say something about there being a 2nd pass for the scholarships in April so I think all CGSM's that are admitted with actually have a shot at them though. Best of luck everyone! For those of you going to Haas, PM me... I can wait to meet you all! Cheers!

Yes, someone else gave me heads-up yesterday that we can shoot for next deadline so I'll probably go with that. I am currently not sure whether I'll make it to Days at Haas but will try my best to be there.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
WE: Corporate Finance (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 26

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 09:35
This post received
KUDOS
urarunner2 wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:
Everyone should give a list ranking of the schools they got into and were dinged from so that next years class can look back at us for some confirmation of rank sensitivity?

I'm not convinced that rank sensitivity is a factor on the Adcom side. NYU was my 1st choice and Yale was my 2nd. However I interviewed at Yale 1st because I wanted to attend NYU's Perspectives day on the 22nd.

I think rank has more to do with the applicant - the higher ranked the school is for you, the more time you dedicate to the application which results in a higher quality application.

I ranked Yale: 4/5 and Cornell: 5/5...WL @ Cornell and dinged w/o interview @ Yale...Don't want to go into specifics on stats but feel as if I'd ranked them higher I would be admitted....But suppose, to your point, I also did not put as much effort into building relationships at Yale + Cornell as I did my top 3 ranked schools.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 09:58
This post received
KUDOS
bftw wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:
Everyone should give a list ranking of the schools they got into and were dinged from so that next years class can look back at us for some confirmation of rank sensitivity?

I'm not convinced that rank sensitivity is a factor on the Adcom side. NYU was my 1st choice and Yale was my 2nd. However I interviewed at Yale 1st because I wanted to attend NYU's Perspectives day on the 22nd.

I think rank has more to do with the applicant - the higher ranked the school is for you, the more time you dedicate to the application which results in a higher quality application.

I ranked Yale: 4/5 and Cornell: 5/5...WL @ Cornell and dinged w/o interview @ Yale...Don't want to go into specifics on stats but feel as if I'd ranked them higher I would be admitted....But suppose, to your point, I also did not put as much effort into building relationships at Yale + Cornell as I did my top 3 ranked schools.

I ranked Yale 1/3 and got dinged with no interview--but I think that reflects much more on me than the rankings. I just don't think they saw me as a fit, so it didn't matter they were 1. Still waiting on Ross (2/3) and Cornell (3/3).
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 68 [1] , given: 210

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 14:51
This post received
KUDOS
goodtogreat wrote:
Eamers wrote:

Same here! Congrats!

Congrats to you both! I also received the call from the Executive Director of Admissions Stephanie Fujii. Her call was hands down the most personal acceptance call that I've received. She referenced particular pieces of my application that she enjoyed reading, making the entire essay process seem that much more rewarding. My hat goes off to Haas (students and admission staff) for going the extra mile in making applicants feel more like people and less like robots that write essays and fork over $200 application fees. Haas definitely earned major brownie points in my book! Hope to meet you both at upcoming Haas events!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 17

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 14:09
This post received
KUDOS
joes310 wrote:
so does anyone know the actual date of the "draft", the day they will pick which school gives fellowship to which students. I'm guessing its the 15th but I hope its even earlier.

The actual date is 3/12. Some schools will start notifying on that day right after draft. I am sure schools are meeting on 3/11 to set up their draft boards.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 12:21
This post received
KUDOS
I checked my UT portal the other day after interviewing, and it's saying they don't have an active application for me. I emailed Shelley about transcripts but she said there was nothing else they required of me as of yet so that seems rather confusing?

Anyone else have portal issues like this?

ldryan wrote:
eganfbrown wrote:
RE: McCombs

Yep, I was just randomly checking my login info last week and I was able to upload my transcripts so I would urge you to try the same. I never received the fee-waiver e-mail prompting me to upload transcripts. I got my interview invite yesterday and will be interviewing tomorrow :shock:

I just checked my portal and was also able to upload my transcripts, but I never got the fee waiver email. Beware though, the UT grad system interface is not great. I uploaded the incorrect version of my undergrad transcript, and am not able to change it. I emailed Shelley about it, but you would think there would be a simple delete button like there has been on all other applications. Ugh.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 12:22
This post received
KUDOS
I had a really positive interview with Marshall last week, but also haven't heard anything back unfortunately. At the end of my interview, all he said was that we would keep in touch and that fellowship info goes out at the mid/end of March? So hopefully we hear back soon, good luck!

DTT123 wrote:
Has anyone received any news from Marshall yet? This has already been mentioned, but I find it disappointing that they would communicate to us mid-February, then push it back to end of February, then let it slip into March. Hopefully they'll communicate something today?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 13

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 13:24
This post received
KUDOS
My Marshall interviewer said all CGSM decisions will be made and communicated within the next week.

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants   [#permalink] 01 Mar 2013, 13:24