Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 06:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [2] , given: 10

Premium Member
Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 00:06
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Q: What is the Consortium?
A: The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management is the country’s preeminent organization for promoting diversity and inclusion in American business. Through an annual competition, The Consortium awards merit-based, full-tuition fellowships to America’s best and brightest candidates. In conjunction with our member schools, sponsoring companies, and our elite group of MBA students and alumni, The Consortium has built a forty year legacy of fostering inclusion and changing the ethnic and cultural face of American business.

Q: How does the application process for the Consortium differ from a regular school application?
A: Common Application - One application allows you to apply to up to six Consortium schools. (University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill requires that all applicants submit both The Consortium application and the UNC application)
Official site

Consortium Schools
University of California-Berkeley, Haas School of Business
University of California-Los Angeles, Anderson School of Management
Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business
Cornell University, The Johnson School
Dartmouth College, Tuck School of Business
Emory University, Goizueta Business School
Indiana University-Bloomington, Kelley School of Business
New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Kenan-Flagler Business School
University of Rochester, Simon Graduate School of Business
University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
The University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business
University of Virginia, Darden School of Business
Washington University in St. Louis, Olin Business School
Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin School of Business
University of Michigan, Ross School of Business

Consortium Application Distribution

Consortium GMATClub Applicants

GMATClub Vs Latest Intake

GMATClub Detailed Applicat List

Official site
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 06:06
So far the stats for this group are stellar. Personally, I am looking forward to seeing the fruits of my labor from this very intense MBA preparation season. Hopefully, there will be fruit (acceptance letters, for the less metaphorically inclined amongst us).

Best of luck to all of you and looking to meet some of you down the road, if I am lucky!
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 672

Kudos [?]: 2894 [0], given: 886

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 06:51
Expert's post
jacorrea wrote:
So far the stats for this group are stellar. Personally, I am looking forward to seeing the fruits of my labor from this very intense MBA preparation season. Hopefully, there will be fruit (acceptance letters, for the less metaphorically inclined amongst us).

Best of luck to all of you and looking to meet some of you down the road, if I am lucky!

All the best.
Hope you get into the school you want to get into.
:-)

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.42
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 12:40
Anyone applying to Darden through the Constortium? Looking to answer the "why Darden?" question - should I use the optional essay to do so?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE: Corporate Finance (Transportation)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 06:59
Why is there no activity on this thread?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.42
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 07:06
Ditto. Just submitted app on 15th to darden tuck and Johnson.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 07:09
jerembo wrote:
Ditto. Just submitted app on 15th to darden tuck and Johnson.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Great! I also submitted my app on the 15th.

Im a bit surprised that there are fewer people on this thread. The 2012 thread was very active at this time last year.
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 46

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2012, 12:07
submitted!
Stern, Tuck, Johnson, Darden, Anderson, Marshall

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Last edited by burgundy2015 on 26 Nov 2012, 06:20, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2012, 20:59
Hey everyone,

I have not been on this website for a while now, but just wanted to wish you all the best of luck with your consortium applications. I am a consortium fellow here are Ross and both love this school and the incredible close knit consortium community here. Michigan, I know does not get back to consortium students regarding interviews until late january/february, which is frustrating. Darden/Cornell/Tuck usually let you know by January. Regardless of which consortium school you attend, the consortium truly helps all those accepted as a fellow/member jumpstart their careers! Many of peers at Michigan and other constortium schools had internship offers before coming to school (not in consulting, but in marketing/corporate strategy) I also highly recommend that all those who demonstrate a commitment to the mission to apply via the consortium. The network and community is tremendous. You do not need to be an URM defined by the consortium (in fact, I have many friends who are consortium at many peer schools who are not defined URM) to qualify for consortium membership... you just need show a commitment to their mission to help enhance the underrepresentation of minorities in business school and the ranks of management.

Good luck in your application endeavors and professional pursuits.

Michigan MBA 2014
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2012, 21:51
Does anyone know what are the questions asked of the recommender as part of the recommendation? I am looking to have a discussion with my recommender and it would be helpful to know these questions.
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 1540 Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 04:48
I submitted my application on Nov 15 for Tuck, Stern and Haas.
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 16:12
Heading to Darden on 12/3 for an interview! very excited!

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.23
WE: Asset Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 06:21
notferprofit wrote:

Wow that was quick, good luck!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 16:49
notferprofit wrote:

Very quick response! Best wishes!

I applied to Haas, McCombs, Ross, and Tepper.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 07:49
Does anyone know when the Johnson School will be sending out interview invites?
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 672

Kudos [?]: 2894 [0], given: 886

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 13:34
Expert's post

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado

Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 15:11
minkathebest wrote:
Does anyone know what are the questions asked of the recommender as part of the recommendation? I am looking to have a discussion with my recommender and it would be helpful to know these questions.

Bump. I would also like to know what is asked, specifically, of the mission recommender.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE: Law (Law)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 00:25
Hello All,

I am new to the site. I am an attorney (top 10 law school). I have a 3.6 GPA (Econ As in calculus, statistics, accounting, corporate finance, microeconomics, B in intermediate microeconomics) from a small liberal arts school. I have been practicing commercial litigation for a few years. The problem is I haven't taken the GMAT yet and I am falling in the high 500s to low 600s on practice tests. (570 Kaplan prep last week, 640 Manhattan GMAT CAT yesterday). I take the GMAT December 13 I really want to be a Consortium fellow so I am applying to six schools. They are as follows:

1. UVA
2. Cornell
3. Michigan
4. UNC
5. Texas
6. Emory

Alternates: Yale, USC, UCLA, Carnegie Mellon

What are the odds of me getting into one of these programs? Am I aiming too high? I really want to focus on general management. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 12:47
Did anyone get any sort of confirmation that recommendation information had been sent to their Mission Recommender? I filled out the appropriate page and hit "Save and Continue". While her information appears to have been saved, it doesn't really say much with regards to her being notified.
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 18:50
any new consortium interview invites? in charlottesville now for my darden interview tomorrow

Oscar Wilde

Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants   [#permalink] 02 Dec 2012, 18:50