Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:51 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink]
Does anyone know if the park fellows essay has any bearing on an admit decision? I just want to know whether my essay should be an extension of the rest of the application.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
gonzoswim wrote:
Does anyone know if the park fellows essay has any bearing on an admit decision? I just want to know whether my essay should be an extension of the rest of the application.

I don't KNOW, but I rather doubt it. Think how crazy-busy those people are right now -- they're barely keeping with deadlines. Do you think they want to read another essay? And it's an essay that not all applicants write -- no int'l students are considered for Park, and plenty of domestic applicants don't bother. If admissions used the essay, doing so would provide an unfair advantage to Park applicants over non-Park applicants.

Also, Clint Sidle doesn't work in admissions. He works with admissions to manage the Park selection weekends, but my guess is that the essay reading is probably primarily within his office.

However, I am sure that Clint and staff are reading your entire application when making Park choices, so don't say anything contradictory. But I wouldn't worry much about making the Park essay an extension. Instead, answer the essay as best you possibly can.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
aaudetat:

Thanks for the reply. You are probably right, but the truth is that you never know what goes on behind closed doors. I would think the two departments have to communicate to a certain extent.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
gonzoswim wrote:
aaudetat:

Thanks for the reply. You are probably right, but the truth is that you never know what goes on behind closed doors. I would think the two departments have to communicate to a certain extent.

That`s what hidden cameras are for :D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Schools:MIT Sloan
 Q50  V37
Send PM
Wow! congratz to ncp and all other with invites!! All the best guys :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
CONGRATS NC!!! You deserved it!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
nc..kill cornell
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
duuude...my R2 app is STILL incomplete....wtf is going on......sucks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
aceman, I would call cornell and ask what's happening. with the results due on Friday, you are running out of time.
aceman626 wrote:
duuude...my R2 app is STILL incomplete....wtf is going on......sucks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I tried multiple times...nobody picks up. They only notified me of the incomplete status on the 7th, which was a missing GMAT PDF copy. Now why they want a PDF copy i do not know, I have verified with them countless times before and they said you only need to self-report. So I sent the PDF in within 24 hours, on the morning of the 8th. Now since then no updates, no replies. Still incomplete.

Jesus. they really need to get their act together....how do they have time to give my app proper review now. I believe i am competitive for Cornell but now I think i'll get a ding simply due to logistic incompetence on their part.

People keep talking about how apps increased and adcoms are overloaded bla bla, but honestly it is their duty and they need to do their job, we are paying customers and they're providing a service we purchased. If this was a company they'd be out of business already.

Sorry for the rant but this is ridiculous...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Did you order the official report from GMAC and asked that it be sent to Cornell? You need to do that for your file to go complete. Based on your posts here and on BW, it seems you haven't sent them the official report.

aceman626 wrote:
I tried multiple times...nobody picks up. They only notified me of the incomplete status on the 7th, which was a missing GMAT PDF copy. Now why they want a PDF copy i do not know, I have verified with them countless times before and they said you only need to self-report. So I sent the PDF in within 24 hours, on the morning of the 8th. Now since then no updates, no replies. Still incomplete.

Jesus. they really need to get their act together....how do they have time to give my app proper review now. I believe i am competitive for Cornell but now I think i'll get a ding simply due to logistic incompetence on their part.

People keep talking about how apps increased and adcoms are overloaded bla bla, but honestly it is their duty and they need to do their job, we are paying customers and they're providing a service we purchased. If this was a company they'd be out of business already.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
aceman626 wrote:

Every time I called them for something, they were usually very helpful and very pleasant. In fact I called them 3 or 4 times at one stage when I was sending them my transcripts. I thought I really screwed up, but they were still very patient and helpful.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
They specifically asked for the PDF copies in my status message. I have also checked with them to make sure, and they said send email over the PDF copies.

Also, I've checked with adcom at least 5 times prior to applying to ask if they require the official GMATs, and every single time they have said "no, not at all, only after you get admitted".
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I submitted my application on the 7th and it's done and over with.
Now I'm worried (after reading a couple posts) because I didn't visit Cornell.
Will that really affect my chances? :cry:
Of those who got accepted, who didn't visit the school prior to submitting the application?
Thanks,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
Found out today that I'm waitlisted... pretty bummed out about it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
baer wrote:

join the club buddy. atleast they'll give feedback on y we were waitlisted ...
when did you interview ...?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
gmat_march wrote:
baer wrote:

join the club buddy. atleast they'll give feedback on y we were waitlisted ...
when did you interview ...?

I was a R2 applicant, interviewed mid December.

Get this though... last week I received an email from Cornell inviting me to a networking event at Morgan Stanley in NYC, the invite says it's for alumni, students and faculty. I still hadn't heard the final decision on my app. so I'm thinking that I'm in... I mean, why else would I get the invite? Guess I was wrong...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  43