Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 05:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 10

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2008, 17:19
congrats wallspotter
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2008, 17:21
I do hope we are put out of our misery soon. But we might have to wait for a few weeks considering Cornell's R2 record. My friend got his decision nearly after 4 weeks.
Director
Director

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2008, 17:28
Just received an e-mail stating there is a delay in reviewing my file!!!

I've withdrawn!!! no need for them to do it!!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2008, 22:42
i hope so too..
BTW I just checked out the BW forum and it seems that Cornell made phone calls to a sizeable bunch today informing them of the decision to admit them.....keep your phones all charged and hope for the call from that "unknown" number.
tsaditya wrote:
I do hope we are put out of our misery soon. But we might have to wait for a few weeks considering Cornell's R2 record. My friend got his decision nearly after 4 weeks.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2008, 23:20
I counted 4 admits on bw forums. So there is some hope more calls might come. Any idea what time does the call come for applicants in Asia. I suspect it must be late in the night.....better turn up my ringer volume.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2008, 07:18
Admits have started rolling out on BW Forums............jeeezzzzzzzz
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2008, 13:22
no e-mails or communication since i submitted my app. this morning my app was still under review. i checked a few minutes ago...ding. I'm glad they sent an e-mail notifying me that my decision was available....not.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by rajpdsouza on 05 Mar 2008, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Cornell University

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2008, 13:54
Waitlist here. I agree rajpdsouza, it was disappointing not to receive an email telling me the decision was available.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2008, 15:17
I am on waitlist. Damn. Atleast my string of dings have been broken. Anybody know how to send supplementary recommendations and materials. Should you fax them?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2008, 13:05
Seeing no news on my application status for a week after my interview I called the adcom today to see what is holding up my decision...
She told me the my interviewer hasn't submitted his write-up yet and that was holding up my decision ! :arh

Now how am I supposed to tackle that :?: I had even sent an email to the interviewer thanking him right after my interview and alluding to the fact that he has to submit his write-up.

I am beyond disappointed at this point...:help2 With each passing day it seems as though my chances are diminishing :(
The school will be following up with the interviewer on this but c'mon..what's the guarantee that the interviewer will not rush in giving his comments? If he does, it will definitely affect my candidacy....

Has anyone else been through this?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2008, 13:54
wow that really sucks kk. I do not think the school will hold it against you one bit.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2008, 15:17
I am sure about the adcom not holding it against me..in fact the adcom member reassured me of that.
What i am concerned about is the effectiveness of the interviewer's feedback now that he has gone through an entire work week and the fact that the school has had to follow up with him.
Gives me the feeling he might end up just finishing the process for formality sake rather than as an active participant.

There's nothing I can do now.... sigh :(

rajpdsouza wrote:
wow that really sucks kk. I do not think the school will hold it against you one bit.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2008, 18:44
tsaditya wrote:
I am on waitlist. Damn. Atleast my string of dings have been broken. Anybody know how to send supplementary recommendations and materials. Should you fax them?

Have them emailed. and schedule your session soon.
I'm on wl since December, and have given up any hope now :(
G luck to you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2008, 19:38
kk.iyer wrote:
I am sure about the adcom not holding it against me..in fact the adcom member reassured me of that.
What i am concerned about is the effectiveness of the interviewer's feedback now that he has gone through an entire work week and the fact that the school has had to follow up with him.
Gives me the feeling he might end up just finishing the process for formality sake rather than as an active participant.

There's nothing I can do now.... sigh :(

rajpdsouza wrote:

Don't worry, its frustrating but I think its a good sign. My app went complete like over 3 weeks after my interview, which itself was over 1 week after the final R2 decision deadline becuase of a delay. So basically i didn't get to complete until 5 weeks after final decision date for R2. I got a an admit like one or two days after complete. Frustrating yes, but if they wantto ding you they would've done so already.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2008, 15:41
I'm scheduled for an on campus interview with Clint Sidle. Anyone (or know of anyone) that interviewed with Clint on campus? I applied for the Park Fellowship but I don't want to just assume there's a correlation there. For those that interviewed on campus, who did you interview with?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2008, 05:49
in a conversation with an adcom member this weekend i was told r1 apps where up somewhere in the neighborhood of the mid 40% and rd2 was up 60%, and overall up over 30%, and they were quite off-guard, thus leading to the delays now. he said that out of any school they had talked to they were the largest increase and while they were prepared, couldn't have anticipated this.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2008, 10:53
So my application finally changed to "Complete" this morning...
hopefully the decision making process will be quicker.....
Fingers crossed as always :pray
kk.iyer wrote:
Seeing no news on my application status for a week after my interview I called the adcom today to see what is holding up my decision...
She told me the my interviewer hasn't submitted his write-up yet and that was holding up my decision ! :arh

Now how am I supposed to tackle that :?: I had even sent an email to the interviewer thanking him right after my interview and alluding to the fact that he has to submit his write-up.

I am beyond disappointed at this point...:help2 With each passing day it seems as though my chances are diminishing :(
The school will be following up with the interviewer on this but c'mon..what's the guarantee that the interviewer will not rush in giving his comments? If he does, it will definitely affect my candidacy....

Has anyone else been through this?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2008, 15:35
Good luck all with the interviews and decisions.

guess I should count myself very lucky that I got finalization on a decision a day before the deadline, as the waiting without a fixed end date must be a real pain...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2008, 08:28
chimaki wrote:
in a conversation with an adcom member this weekend i was told r1 apps where up somewhere in the neighborhood of the mid 40% and rd2 was up 60%, and overall up over 30%, and they were quite off-guard, thus leading to the delays now. he said that out of any school they had talked to they were the largest increase and while they were prepared, couldn't have anticipated this.

just curious, how is it that they are up 40% in R1 and 60% in R2, yet only up 30% overall?

Are they including R3, and it was less than R3 last year or something? Seems unlikely tho.
Director
Director

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2008, 14:06
unbelievable!!! I withdrew my application (via e-mail)...

I just received an e-mail to say they were reviewing my app and noticed that my resume and GMAT scores are missing!!!!.

Just sent another e-mail (to a specific address this time) to wirhdraw my application again!!!
Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2008, 14:06