Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Nov 2014, 08:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2008, 07:32
kk.iyer wrote:
Seeing no news on my application status for a week after my interview I called the adcom today to see what is holding up my decision...
She told me the my interviewer hasn't submitted his write-up yet and that was holding up my decision ! :arh

Now how am I supposed to tackle that :?: I had even sent an email to the interviewer thanking him right after my interview and alluding to the fact that he has to submit his write-up.

I am beyond disappointed at this point...:help2 With each passing day it seems as though my chances are diminishing :(
The school will be following up with the interviewer on this but c'mon..what's the guarantee that the interviewer will not rush in giving his comments? If he does, it will definitely affect my candidacy....

Has anyone else been through this?

You not alone. I'm going through a 2 week wait. My interview was last monday, and apparently my interviewer still hasn't sent in his write-up either. Maybe it didn't go as well as i thought... :crying
Just managed to get through to adcom earlier, and they're going to send a reminder later if they hear nothing today.

The wait is absolutely killing me...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2008, 08:44
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do...
The school, as promised, did get my interviewer to share his comments.

I hope that I have some news to share soon enough.

:gl
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2008, 15:29
Got this mail from the Admission's Director about Cornell's hockey team making it to the finals. Since I am on waitlist not sure if this means anything. Anybody else got the mail.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2008, 16:25
tsaditya wrote:
Got this mail from the Admission's Director about Cornell's hockey team making it to the finals. Since I am on waitlist not sure if this means anything. Anybody else got the mail.

Hey Tsadiya, I got it too, I interviewed last week and still waiting for my outcome.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2008, 16:38
Oh well then i guess i read too much into the mail.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2008, 06:34
I finally saw some change..the AdCom..as expected..secretly put me on the waitlist... :(
Waitlist feedback might be available after the 1st of May so there is considerable amount of waiting to do :lol:

kk.iyer wrote:
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do...
The school, as promised, did get my interviewer to share his comments.

I hope that I have some news to share soon enough.

:gl
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2008, 07:08
Sneakily waitlisted here too!!! sob sob...
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 10

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2008, 20:26
yay! they eventually got round to updating my status to 'withdraw'
Manager
Manager
Schools: Cornell University

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 11:15
I'm off the waitlist and admitted as of this morning.

Now I've got some deciding to do, but it's exciting.

Of course I'm willing to answer any questions for anyone on the WL, though everyone here seems to know what they're doing very well.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Ross '10
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 165 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 11:25
Paul, congrats. So, are you matriculating to Cornell?

PaulK wrote:

Of course I'm willing to answer any questions for anyone on the WL, though everyone here seems to know what they're doing very well.
Director
Director
Schools: Harvard '11
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 28

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 14:07
congrats Paul!

PaulK wrote:

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 19:17
Thanks ncprasad and msday. It's been a bit of a journey, I may have to right up under the "Evolution of your b-school pursuit," but 6 months ago I was for sure going to Vanderbilt. I only came across Cornell and their dual-degree program when I went to schmooze a little bit with the Vanderbilt people at an "Inside the MBA" event here in the Northwest. Cornell was there also, so I looked up about their program before I went, asked questions, decided to apply, and now it's off to Ithaca! But every experience I've had with the school has been very positive and they sold me on the idea of living in Ithaca, and in turn I was able to sell my wife on it.

I'm definitely gonna be thinking for a while about whether to go for it or not. I was accepted to the Master's in Real Estate program, which I really like and is very focused on what I want to do, so I already knew I was going to Ithaca. Basically, to get the dual-degree with the MBA adds a third year. So 2 years I could have either the Master's in Real Estate or the MBA, but in three years I can have both. I'm trying not to "over-degree" myself.

Also, a third year means an additional year of tuition and living expenses without actually being out in the real world making money.

I think solidcolor had posted a similar internal debate earlier, though she had a scholarship lined up...if only I were so lucky!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2008, 07:31
What i would give to be even waitlisted.
1 month and counting now since my interview, and AdCom still have not received the feedback despite having sent out a reminder before.
What's a guy gotta do...... :wall

Anyway for anyone still waiting, I am told they are now near the tail-end of R3 reviews.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2008, 07:37
I emailed yesterday telling them i chose somewhere else, so i take full responsibility for getting Paul off the wl!!! :lol:
CEO
CEO
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 274 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2008, 07:48
chimaki wrote:
I emailed yesterday telling them i chose somewhere else, so i take full responsibility for getting Paul off the wl!!! :lol:

lol

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2008, 09:10
Thanks chimaki!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2008, 11:51
any admits today? i visited tuesday and michael suggested responses would come out fridays... painfully waiting for a response :oops:
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2008, 18:13
I applied in R3, interviewed sometime in march, and got waitlisted two days after the interview....

.... and this week, I GOT THE ADMITTANCE CALL!!!!

so there's still hope for those who are waiting to hear back. GOOD LUCK! Continue to update Cornell with any progress at work, extracurriculars and your passion for the Johnson School.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2008, 19:01
prospective mba wrote:
I applied in R3, interviewed sometime in march, and got waitlisted two days after the interview....

.... and this week, I GOT THE ADMITTANCE CALL!!!!

so there's still hope for those who are waiting to hear back. GOOD LUCK! Continue to update Cornell with any progress at work, extracurriculars and your passion for the Johnson School.

CONGRATS PROSPECTIVE!!! That is GREAT news!

I had a good conversation today with Ann Richards, and it sounds like they are starting to work their way through the waitlist, so congrats again!! Are you pretty sure you're heading to Ithaca now?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2008, 19:13
Hi Prospective,

I am on waitlist. Can you tell me detail what steps you took after your waitlist.

Thanks and Congrats.
Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2008, 19:13