Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 16:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2008, 09:00
Thanks PaulK!
I was super jealous when I heard you got off the waitlist.

Tsad--
I wrote them an email stating how much I enjoyed my stay in Ithaca during my interview. I reiterated what I wanted to do and what I wanted to study (marketing). My manager has been extremely helpful during my journey to bschool and assigned me to lead a marketing project at work. I also mentioned this career progress and although it's NOT exactly what I want to do upon graduating, I'm getting a taste of what marketing industry is like.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Cornell University
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2008, 09:29
prospective mba wrote:
Thanks PaulK!
I was super jealous when I heard you got off the waitlist.

Tsad--
I wrote them an email stating how much I enjoyed my stay in Ithaca during my interview. I reiterated what I wanted to do and what I wanted to study (marketing). My manager has been extremely helpful during my journey to bschool and assigned me to lead a marketing project at work. I also mentioned this career progress and although it's NOT exactly what I want to do upon graduating, I'm getting a taste of what marketing industry is like.

Nice job following up prospective! Congrats again!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2008, 17:46
thats great. I have already prepared my reply with small updates at work. Will update them and again stress my interest. My only problem is I have not visited the school .I got rejected for a tourist visa by the US embassy a few weeks back. At this point I do not think a visit to the school is possible.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2008, 20:17
tsaditya wrote:
thats great. I have already prepared my reply with small updates at work. Will update them and again stress my interest. My only problem is I have not visited the school .I got rejected for a tourist visa by the US embassy a few weeks back. At this point I do not think a visit to the school is possible.

Probably worth noting that in your follow up tsaditya. That's a situation I'm sure they'll be understanding of.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2008, 05:08
PaulK wrote:
tsaditya wrote:

Probably worth noting that in your follow up tsaditya. That's a situation I'm sure they'll be understanding of.

But make sure to mention that you will not have any problems getting F1 visa if admitted.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2008, 20:25
So deposits are due on Friday, I figured I'd check and see...who's on their way to Ithaca in the Fall?

I know I'm moving to Ithaca, my wife and I have our moving truck all set for June 1. 2980 miles from Oregon to Ithaca, should be a heck of a drive!

I'm still deciding whether to accept to both the MBA and Masters in Real Estate program. I've already accepted the MRE, and if I add the Johnson School it means 3 years instead of 2. I know I'm thinking a lot about that pending deadline on Friday! Anyone else?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2008, 09:06
I'll be attending Cornell this fall! :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2008, 21:49
awesome! welcome.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 05:58
Just put in my deposit for the Johnson School as well! I'll be deferring the first year since I will be in the Program in Real Estate, but I know we take at least a few classes with you all.

Looking forward to it!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2008, 12:43
I went ahead and did a roundup of all the admits throughout the thread. Looks like GMATClubbers did relatively well for themselves:

svrider: Admitted to AMBA w/ scholarship!
tauslu: Admitted to AMBA
snellmp: Admitted to MBA program
nsulham: Admitted to MBA program
iamjoesargent: Admitted to MBA program
solidcolor: Admitted to MBA program w/ Forte fellowship!
aceman626: Admitted to MBA program & matriculating
wallspotter: Admitted to MBA program
PaulK: Admitted to MBA and PRE programs & matriculating
prospective mba: Admitted to MBA program & matriculating
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2008, 05:22
Folks,

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this. But I am looking to apply in R1 for Cornell AMBA for 2009. Wanted to see if you guys have some insights in terms of what are my chances based on my profile below. I dont think I fit the "ideal" profile for this class but I am very interested to take this program and want to see what are my chances of getting admitted.

Age=34 (35 by the time i join)
Undergrad GPA = 3.8
Grad GPA = 3.5
GMAT = 710
Work Experience = 12+ years
Profile: M-I-T (Male Indian Techie)
Current Role/Title: Project Manager, Vice President (Technology department) at big financial services company

From what you guys know do you think I might stand a chance to get into the program ? I am looking for furthering my career and possibly grow in my role.

Any insights/pointers would be really helpful. Are there any dedicated forums/threads out there that discuss about the Cornell AMBA ?

Much thanks in advance.

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2008, 07:50
neelesh wrote:
Folks,

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this. But I am looking to apply in R1 for Cornell AMBA for 2009. Wanted to see if you guys have some insights in terms of what are my chances based on my profile below. I dont think I fit the "ideal" profile for this class but I am very interested to take this program and want to see what are my chances of getting admitted.

Undergrad GPA = 3.8
Grad GPA = 3.5
GMAT = 710
Current Role/Title: Project Manager, Vice President (Technology department) at big financial services company

From what you guys know do you think I might stand a chance to get into the program ? I am looking for furthering my career and possibly grow in my role.

Any insights/pointers would be really helpful. Are there any dedicated forums/threads out there that discuss about the Cornell AMBA ?

Much thanks in advance.

neelesh,

I don't know about dedicated Cornell AMBA threads, I assume here is as good a spot as any.

I talked recently with someone at Cornell, who broke it down their parameters VERY roughly as:

700+ GMAT
6-10 years good work experience
A prior advanced degree

The admissions people at Cornell have been extremely helpful answering every one of the many questions I've had while I've been applying. I would suggest contacting the office of admissions and asking.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2008, 22:33
neelesh wrote:
Folks,

Undergrad GPA = 3.8
Grad GPA = 3.5
GMAT = 710

Much thanks in advance.

Just based on the info you provided, i would say your chances of getting in are high.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2008, 07:22
does anybody know if MBA students can be a TA or if there are other on campus part time job opps? I am international (hence can only work on campus) and really need the extra cash. Thanks.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2008, 08:44
aceman626 wrote:
does anybody know if MBA students can be a TA or if there are other on campus part time job opps? I am international (hence can only work on campus) and really need the extra cash. Thanks.

aceman,

I'd call the office of financial aid and ask. I was awarded a GA position earlier this week, but it's through the Program in Real Estate. Maybe the Johnson School has similar positions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2008, 01:46
PaulK wrote:
aceman626 wrote:

aceman,

I'd call the office of financial aid and ask. I was awarded a GA position earlier this week, but it's through the Program in Real Estate. Maybe the Johnson School has similar positions.

Thanks! Please let me know, appreciate it.
Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants   [#permalink] 06 May 2008, 01:46