Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Nov 2014, 10:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 31

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2009, 19:16
str1der wrote:
Hey Guys,

No one is offering to help? :( If you are out of sync with my request, please read below:
p574455-calling-all-cornell-johnson-fall-2009-applicants#p574455

I would be very grateful if someone helped me out. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a young guy like me.

Regards,
Ankit

If you need help so urgently, I would suggest reaching out to the Admissions Consultants on the forum (Alex Chu, accepted.com, etc). They might be able to help you with the turn around you need. good luck!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2009, 14:38
I am considering Cornell next year mainly. I went through the site but would like to know the reputation of the school? Which concentrations are strong in Cornell? Is entrepreneurship and PE/VC an option? Or is it only consulting/finance school mainly?
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2009, 15:38
I'm in. Waitlisted for Park Fellowship.

Good luck to those waiting for the call.
Current Student
Schools: CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 188 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2009, 15:44
pguard wrote:

Sweet!!! :punk

Hopefully the string of admits will keep on rolling in for you over the next couple of weeks.

The True Value of YOUR MBA: 103-t64239
GMATClub's Unofficial Chartered Financial Analyst thread: 103-t63245
How Much Weight Does the CFA Carry with Admissions: 103-t68059

Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 29

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2009, 18:13
Congrats! Best of luck :-D

pguard wrote:

"George is getting upset!"

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Current Student
Schools: Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2009, 05:39
I am in! Got the call yesterday evening. I was also notified that I'm a finalist for the Park! Hope to see many of you at DJ.
Manager
Manager
Schools: The School that shall not be named
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2009, 05:48
chitchat wrote:
I am in! Got the call yesterday evening. I was also notified that I'm a finalist for the Park! Hope to see many of you at DJ.

Congratulations!

明日やろうばかやろう

24 wrote:
Your East Coast bias is worse than ESPN.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Johnson, Yale
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2009, 14:57
any movement on the waitlist other than the fact that it's growing?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2009, 09:12
As per the BW ask johnson thread today;

Quote:
The number of waitlisted applications changes weekly. In fact, the admissions committee is revewing the wait list this afternoon and may make offers to some waitlisted candidates. We'll also review the list after the R3 deposit deadline (April 13th) and the June 1st deposit deadline. After June 1st, we'll most likely make more offers from the waitlist and begin to remove applicants.

Best Regards,
the Admissions Team

The Johnson School at Cornell University

My friend applied Round 3 and he along with most of the people on BW got wait listed, so it just seems like it is growing to an ungodly number!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell 2011

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2009, 19:31
christopherW wrote:
As per the BW ask johnson thread today;

Quote:
The number of waitlisted applications changes weekly. In fact, the admissions committee is revewing the wait list this afternoon and may make offers to some waitlisted candidates. We'll also review the list after the R3 deposit deadline (April 13th) and the June 1st deposit deadline. After June 1st, we'll most likely make more offers from the waitlist and begin to remove applicants.

Best Regards,
the Admissions Team

The Johnson School at Cornell University

My friend applied Round 3 and he along with most of the people on BW got wait listed, so it just seems like it is growing to an ungodly number!

i'm wait listed too :? ... R3 candidate
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 02:56
Congratulations on all accepted Gclubbers and hang on tight to those who got wait listed (probably you can stole some of Raabend's move while you're at it to convert WL into an acceptance letter).

I'm also an R3 candidate, as of this minute, my application is still under review! How odd is that? I already tried emailing them and leaving them a voice message but they haven't got back to me yet. Any R3 candidate in the same situation?
Director
Director
Schools: Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 13:20
I just wanted to congratulate everyone on their acceptances, and good luck on the waitlist! I just wanted to ask a quick question...

I used to post here some time back as I was gearing up to apply to b-school. I attended some minority events, some open houses, etc. Then all of a sudden I changed my mind and decided to apply for an MA Urban Planning (I work in land development). Well, I got accepted to Penn and Cornell, and unless I get into Harvard, I will be matriculating to Cornell in the fall. I know Johnson is ok with dual degrees (MBA/?) with just about anything. Applying for the MBA my first semester is really tempting. Will there be any slight advantage coming from another program at Cornell?
Current Student
Schools: Cornell Johnson School
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 13:44
VictoryMBA wrote:
I just wanted to congratulate everyone on their acceptances, and good luck on the waitlist! I just wanted to ask a quick question...

I used to post here some time back as I was gearing up to apply to b-school. I attended some minority events, some open houses, etc. Then all of a sudden I changed my mind and decided to apply for an MA Urban Planning (I work in land development). Well, I got accepted to Penn and Cornell, and unless I get into Harvard, I will be matriculating to Cornell in the fall. I know Johnson is ok with dual degrees (MBA/?) with just about anything. Applying for the MBA my first semester is really tempting. Will there be any slight advantage coming from another program at Cornell?

Congrats on your admits!

Yes - I think you have a significant advantage because

1) they know that you are almost certainly going to matriculate as its likely that Cornell is the only MBA you will be applying to (MBA programs are concerned about "yield")

2) you're a good candidate because you've been accepted to another Cornell program - you will already used to Ithaca, the weather etc. and that should place you a step ahead for success at the Johnson school
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (R1/WL), Ross (Ding), Yale (R2), Cornell (R3)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 14:01
ozzie123 wrote:
Congratulations on all accepted Gclubbers and hang on tight to those who got wait listed (probably you can stole some of Raabend's move while you're at it to convert WL into an acceptance letter).

I'm also an R3 candidate, as of this minute, my application is still under review! How odd is that? I already tried emailing them and leaving them a voice message but they haven't got back to me yet. Any R3 candidate in the same situation?

Mine is under review as well.
I do remember getting a mail before the decision date that they will not be able to review my app before 18th.
It also said that next stage would be interview or ding. In case of interview, decision will be released in about a week from the interview date.

I found it strange. I thought they should have delayed all decisions so that we could have had a fair shot at the openings left in R3. Now, its as good as applying in R4.

P.S.: My app went under review after i emailed them in the second week of march
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 07:50
::Crickets::

any news from anyone?

did anyone tune into the accepted.com Cornell wait list chat yesterday? I thought it was odd that they didn't disclose the amount of students on the wait list, considering that they did on the 2007 and 2008 chats. Did anyone else take this as a sign that the list is HUGE? :|
Intern
Intern
Schools: Johnson, Yale

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 10:02
Other than the fact that the yield for international admits has NOT gone down because of loan issues, I didn't find anything else from the chat useful.

I'm on the verge of giving up!!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell 2011

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 11:58
for those who missed the waitlist chat, here's the chat:
http://www.accepted.com/chat/Transcripts/2009/mba03252009_cornell.aspx
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 45

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 10:35
Anyone applying in round 4?
Manager
Manager
Schools: The School that shall not be named
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2009, 04:56
Just a FYI,
I've heard that yield this year has been over 70% so far through 3 rounds!
Unbelievably high considering the historical numbers.

明日やろうばかやろう

24 wrote:
Your East Coast bias is worse than ESPN.

Current Student
Schools: CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 188 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2009, 09:07
fatb wrote:
Just a FYI,
I've heard that yield this year has been over 70% so far through 3 rounds!
Unbelievably high considering the historical numbers.

That is correct! And since everyone cares about this stuff: median gmat is currently 710, mean gmat is 700.

Also, for the waitlisters, Randall announced that there were ~211 deposits in already and 100 offers outstanding that had April 13 deposit deadlines.

DJ was amazing. I'm still recovering from three days of massive drinking and partying. It was nice meeting raabend, fatb, and chitchat.

The True Value of YOUR MBA: 103-t64239
GMATClub's Unofficial Chartered Financial Analyst thread: 103-t63245
How Much Weight Does the CFA Carry with Admissions: 103-t68059

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 07 Apr 2009, 09:07