Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 21:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 38
Schools: Cornell 2011
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2009, 13:06
str1der wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know how much time it took for your application status to change from 'Currently Under Review' to 'Invited for interview'? Someone told me that in case you are not being called for an interview at Johnson, they let you know the same before the notification date or something. Is it true? I put in my app on 23rd March for Round 4, it went for review on 10th April, and I haven't heard anything since. I have done a lot of hard work for each aspect of the application and am very optimistic. but this delay is killing me :(

Str1der

for me, it took about 2 weeks in R3.

waitlisters - any movements? Any success stories? I was waitlisted in R3, and send in some updates...haven't heard anything :(
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2009, 05:02
Thanks BuckTooth. Just to confirm - Is there any other change from 'Currently Under Review' status? That is, if you are not being called for interview, does this change to declined or something before the notification date?
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 38
Schools: Cornell 2011
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2009, 06:14
str1der wrote:
Thanks BuckTooth. Just to confirm - Is there any other change from 'Currently Under Review' status? That is, if you are not being called for interview, does this change to declined or something before the notification date?


Status will change on or after your notification date. Good luck.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 269
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2009, 11:59
r2 waitlist here. Haven't heard anything yet. Any waitlisters left on the GC?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Posts: 75
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2009, 12:17
It looks like a lot of Cornell admits are leaning towards other schools after the leaked rankings came out, so some spots should open up. There will probably be some waitlist movement pretty soon.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 39
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2009, 12:59
yes, when I saw that new ranking, my first thought was, "oh boy! I hope a lot of people turn them down now!"

June should be very interesting indeed...
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Posts: 69
Location: Bay Area, CA
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2009, 14:07
flood wrote:
It looks like a lot of Cornell admits are leaning towards other schools after the leaked rankings came out, so some spots should open up. There will probably be some waitlist movement pretty soon.


Yikes....they should look at the Businessweek rankings :?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 269
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2009, 19:36
Has any of the waitlisted applicants been called for the application feedback session? I have been waiting anxiously to hear something from the adcoms.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 39
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2009, 19:56
nink wrote:
flood wrote:
It looks like a lot of Cornell admits are leaning towards other schools after the leaked rankings came out, so some spots should open up. There will probably be some waitlist movement pretty soon.


[color=#000080]
Regardless of the rankings, Cornell is a great school and a fantastic program.
By the time NYC job market recovers, all the NY schools will rise back up.

Cornell MBA of today is the very same school that people applied to when it was #13 or #14 on US News. They didn't change their curriculum or fire all their top professors and faculty. Cornell didn't drop out of Ivy Leagues or lose their alumni network.

You won't be getting an inferior education this coming Fall compared to the education that current 1st years or 2nd years received awhile ago.

Core recruiters of Cornell are not going to abandon Cornell from their list of target schools because the rankings dropped. Contrast to the latest conspiracy theory at BW forum, the recruiters are not having conversation like:


yea, I know, but as a wait lister, I'm pretty much hoping for a good chunk of admits to go elsewhere (my only chance at a school I am very much excited about). This seems like a plausible (albeit shallow and without merit) reason for people to do so.

Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see...
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2009, 08:00
Hey Guys,

I am very sad to report that I have been denied admissions at the Johnson School. I called up yesterday and spoke to a rep. about my application as to when it will be processed as I was applying for a dual degree and had already been admitted to the other program at Cornell. She emailed me today that my application would be reviewed today itself, and within 2 hours, my online status changed to denied. This was pretty strange considering that I had been calling them for 2-3 weeks and no one said anything. However, the lady was extremely helpful.

End of the road for me I guess. My 690 and lack of work ex. (me being a college senior) would have denied me admissions, as I am very confident that my overall resume and application essays were very impressive. I guess will wait it out for 2-3 years and then re apply with a stronger application in terms of experiences and GMAT scores.

Best of luck for everyone who has made it this year.

Str1der
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 39
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2009, 09:20
str1der wrote:
Hey Guys,

I am very sad to report that I have been denied admissions at the Johnson School. I called up yesterday and spoke to a rep. about my application as to when it will be processed as I was applying for a dual degree and had already been admitted to the other program at Cornell. She emailed me today that my application would be reviewed today itself, and within 2 hours, my online status changed to denied. This was pretty strange considering that I had been calling them for 2-3 weeks and no one said anything. However, the lady was extremely helpful.

End of the road for me I guess. My 690 and lack of work ex. (me being a college senior) would have denied me admissions, as I am very confident that my overall resume and application essays were very impressive. I guess will wait it out for 2-3 years and then re apply with a stronger application in terms of experiences and GMAT scores.

Best of luck for everyone who has made it this year.

Str1der


Hi Str1der,

Sorry to hear about your ding. The good news is that you are very young, and have lot's of time to get into a quality mba program.

I really doubt the 690 hurt your chances, so if I take your word on having stellar essays, it had to come down to the fact of no work experience, and applying round 4.

It also didn't help your case to pester the admissions office about getting your decision. Almost anytime a candidate wants their decision early, that decision ends up being a ding.

I'm not trying to pour salt in an open wound, but was there a particular reason you couldn't wait until next week?

Anyway, I am truly sorry to hear you got bad news, and I wish you all the best in your future applications.
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2009, 09:33
Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the post. Well, I had to get my finances in order, reply to an outstanding job offer and arrange everything ahead accordingly. Plus, I never asked them to hasten it up so much. All I said was to make sure they know I have been accepted at the other program and that if possible to maybe review mine earlier. I called them only once when I used my name. All other times it was anonymous. And this one time was yesterday. The thing that horrified me the most was, that I had been in touch with the adcom guys since 2rd march, when I heard about my decision from the other school. I called them on 23rd, when I filed my application to inform that they should add to my file that I was in at Cornell for the other program. but you know what, they never did!!! Only yesterday did the lady who spoke to me update my file. Can you imagine if I had not called, they might have thought I am some lunatic applying for the dual degree program without even informing whether I am in. I mean graduate school decisions are out first week of march. So they could have thought that I might not even have got into the first school.

Anyways, it's all ended now. Can you, or anyone else advise me about applying next year. Or should I wait for 2-3 years now? Also, does anyone know how good are the MEM programs at Duke and Dartmouth?
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 269
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2009, 12:29
christopherW wrote:
str1der wrote:
Hey Guys,

I am very sad to report that I have been denied admissions at the Johnson School. I called up yesterday and spoke to a rep. about my application tu to when it will be processed as I was applying for a dual degree and had already been admitted to the other program at Cornell. She emailed me today that my application would be reviewed today itself, and within 2 hours, my online status changed to denied. This was pretty strange considering that I had been calling them for 2-3 weeks and no one said anything. However, the lady was extremely helpful.

End of the road for me I guess. My 690 and lack of work ex. (me being a college senior) would have denied me admissions, as I am very confident that my overall resume and application essays were very impressive. I guess will wait it out for 2-3 years and then re apply with a stronger application in terms of experiences and GMAT scores


Christopher, what is going to happen in the next week?
Best of luck for everyone who has made it this year.

Str1der


Hi Str1der,

Sorry to hear about your ding. The good news is that you are very young, and have lot's of time to get into a quality mba program.

I really doubt the 690 hurt your chances, so if I take your word on having stellar essays, it had to come down to the fact of no work experience, and applying round 4.

It also didn't help your case to pester the admissions office about getting your decision. Almost anytime a candidate wants their decision early, that decision ends up being a ding.

I'm not trying to pour salt in an open wound, but was there a particular reason you couldn't wait until next week?

Anyway, I am truly sorry to hear you got bad news, and I wish you all the best in your future applications.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 269
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2009, 12:35
Str1der, sorry to hear. As christopher said being young is your advantage.
Christopher, what is going to hapen next week? Curious to know why you asked str1der to wait.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 39
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2009, 12:41
aakashganga wrote:
Str1der, sorry to hear. As christopher said being young is your advantage.
Christopher, what is going to hapen next week? Curious to know why you asked str1der to wait.


next week (4/29) is the R4 decision date, so I was just curious why str1der couldn't wait until then to hear back.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 269
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2009, 16:42
christopherW wrote:
aakashganga wrote:
Str1der, sorry to hear. As christopher said being young is your advantage.
Christopher, what is going to hapen next week? Curious to know why you asked str1der to wait.


next week (4/29) is the R4 decision date, so I was just curious why str1der couldn't wait until then to hear back.


Do you expect to hear any change to waitlisted applicant's status on 04/29?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 39
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2009, 20:55
no, so far wait listers have seen more activity following deposit deadlines, which makes a lot more sense. There is the Round 4 deposit deadline in about three weeks, so possibly some more movement then, and of course, in June, when the deposit 2 deadline occurs, there should be the most movement.

on the BW thread they said they've extended offers to about 15 AMBA wait listers and 10-15 MBA wait listers so far.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 269
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2009, 06:46
christopherW wrote:
no, so far wait listers have seen more activity following deposit deadlines, which makes a lot more sense. There is the Round 4 deposit deadline in about three weeks, so possibly some more movement then, and of course, in June, when the deposit 2 deadline occurs, there should be the most movement.

on the BW thread they said they've extended offers to about 15 AMBA wait listers and 10-15 MBA wait listers so far.


ok thanks. I guess we can just keep on waiting. Has anyone been called for the feedback session yet?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 39
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2009, 12:00
beautiful job ryguy! the list is nice and clean now!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 69
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2009, 21:02
aakashganga wrote:

ok thanks. I guess we can just keep on waiting. Has anyone been called for the feedback session yet?


been invited for the feedback session. will let u guys know how it went.
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 22 Apr 2009, 21:02
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
95 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants Avault 1424 23 Aug 2011, 22:02
91 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! ariel 1420 05 Aug 2010, 23:37
40 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! Raabend 1421 21 May 2009, 06:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70  ...  72    Next  [ 1425 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.