Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 04:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 16 May 2008
Posts: 885
Location: Earth
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 May 2009, 18:52
Sentiment had the feedback thing scheduled but she has since been MIA.
_________________

"George is getting upset!"

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 198
Schools: Cornell University
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 May 2009, 16:45
aakashganga and cul3s,

I had a feedback session last year. It was very helpful. Basically, they gave me a chance to talk about why I thought I was waitlisted, I was honest about what I thought had gone well and what had gone poorly, and it wound up lining up pretty well with what they thought. So then they gave me a chance to address the points and by the end I had the chance to clear up the final hang ups with my application. I got the accepted call a couple days later, so it was a nice outcome. Let me know if I can answer anything more about it.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 269
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 May 2009, 18:47
PaulK wrote:
aakashganga and cul3s,

I had a feedback session last year. It was very helpful. Basically, they gave me a chance to talk about why I thought I was waitlisted, I was honest about what I thought had gone well and what had gone poorly, and it wound up lining up pretty well with what they thought. So then they gave me a chance to address the points and by the end I had the chance to clear up the final hang ups with my application. I got the accepted call a couple days later, so it was a nice outcome. Let me know if I can answer anything more about it.


Hi Paul,

I remember meeting you during my visit to Johnson. Thank you for answering our questions. Did you talk anything other than what you had written in your feedback essay? I am not sure what the procedure was for the last year, but this year each of us was asked to submit an essay depicting the reasons you think you got w/l.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 69
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 May 2009, 20:42
sorry guys things have been a bit too crazy at my end hence MIA..

first of all.. being invited for the feedback session is GREAT news!!!

aakashganga I did not send any particualr essay/update citing the weaknesses in my app and the reason for wait list. What I did was work on addressing a potential red flag, talk to current students and alum, and send regular updates to the Johnson School. I must have sent in around 3-4 updates in the last 4 months...

The feedback call I had was a general conversation and a chance for me to give additional updates if any and reiterate my interest in the Johnson School which worked very well....

i know i am being very generic out here but if any of you have any particular questions or want more information just pm me

i promise to have a detailed debrief out here soon.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 125
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 May 2009, 22:03
Thanks Paul and Sentiment for answering the question.

It seems like as long as you address their concerns, there's a decent chance to get in.
So good luck aakashganga!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 198
Schools: Cornell University
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 May 2009, 03:53
aakashganga wrote:
Hi Paul,

I remember meeting you during my visit to Johnson. Thank you for answering our questions. Did you talk anything other than what you had written in your feedback essay? I am not sure what the procedure was for the last year, but this year each of us was asked to submit an essay depicting the reasons you think you got w/l.


Hey aakashganga,

Sentiment's response is probably more helpful on this one. I didn't have a chance to write the essay before I was taken off the waitlist. In terms of the feedback session, it was a chance for me to talk about lingering concerns, speak with an admissions officer instead of a student, and tell a bit more about myself. Honestly, the concerns they had were relatively easy to clear up in a phone conversation, so I think it made it easier for me.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 22
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 May 2009, 08:59
hey guys, scheduled a feedback session for tomorrow with Ann Richards. This really renewed my excitement for Johnson. I thought I was out long ago and was all set on going to another institution. How should I prepare for this? And does this mean I have a chance of finally joining the class of 2011?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 May 2009
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 May 2009, 10:57
Congrats azngaucho.
Did u send them additional updates / feedback request? U are also admitted to tepper, right?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 269
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2009, 11:06
azngaucho wrote:
hey guys, scheduled a feedback session for tomorrow with Ann Richards. This really renewed my excitement for Johnson. I thought I was out long ago and was all set on going to another institution. How should I prepare for this? And does this mean I have a chance of finally joining the class of 2011?


How did it go?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 22
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2009, 11:37
MBA200809 wrote:
Congrats azngaucho.
Did u send them additional updates / feedback request? U are also admitted to tepper, right?


Wow, you're good. Yeah, Im committed to Tepper, but I would love to join Johnson! Even if it means losing my deposit and $$.

Overall, the session went great, Ann Richards was a real nice lady and made me feel at ease. She said that there's no glaring weakness in my app, but nothing really popped out either. So I told her about my recent promotion and some extra curriculars. I think most of all, I re-affirmed my stance of wanting to be a part of the school. I asked her what contributed to the drop in US News rankings, and she said she didnt know but might contribute it to changed methodologies. All in all, a good convo. Hope I will be getting a call from them real soon.

BTW, I have sent 3 updates (new resume, starting new consulting gig, and a class I was taking)

Good luck to all other waitlisters as well.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 May 2009
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2009, 10:44
Hi azngauc. Did u hear back from them.
I have my feedback session on Monday. Hoping for the best.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 May 2009, 20:37
I was admitted off the waitlist this week as well. (I was a Round 3 applicant and had a feedback session about 3 weeks ago.)

Best of luck to those still trying to get in off the waitlist. There is definitely still hope.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 May 2009
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 May 2009, 20:43
congrats texas_dawg..
can u share ur feedback experience
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 May 2009, 13:30
MBA200809 wrote:
congrats texas_dawg..
can u share ur feedback experience


It was really more of a 2nd interview than a feedback session. Lasted about 30 minutes, and I was able to address some of my weaknesses and reiterate my desire to attend Cornell.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 16 May 2008
Posts: 885
Location: Earth
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 May 2009, 11:50
Congrats thats great! Are you matriculating????

Texas_Dawg wrote:
I was admitted off the waitlist this week as well. (I was a Round 3 applicant and had a feedback session about 3 weeks ago.)

Best of luck to those still trying to get in off the waitlist. There is definitely still hope.

_________________

"George is getting upset!"

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 May 2009, 14:18
Raabend wrote:
Congrats thats great! Are you matriculating????

Texas_Dawg wrote:
I was admitted off the waitlist this week as well. (I was a Round 3 applicant and had a feedback session about 3 weeks ago.)

Best of luck to those still trying to get in off the waitlist. There is definitely still hope.


Thanks, and yes, Raa. I can't wait.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 May 2009, 20:22
solaris1 wrote:
THE ROUND 3 TEAM

-----------------------------------
chitchat - accepted | not matriculating
pguard - accepted | not matriculating
bucktooth911 - submitted 1/9
IvyStallion – submitted ??
jimmyjamesdonkey - submitted ??
MBAngst – submitted ??
rscricket - submitted ??


You can add me to Round 3 matriculating. 8-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 19
Schools: Johnson, Yale
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 May 2009, 08:28
I have a feedback session with them this Friday.
Can someone please shed some light of what it's about?
Is it really like a second interview as some say? In that case, what questions were asked?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 269
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 May 2009, 08:58
2011MBA wrote:
I have a feedback session with them this Friday.
Can someone please shed some light of what it's about?
Is it really like a second interview as some say? In that case, what questions were asked?

yes. It is a 2nd interview. I was asked many of the questions normally asked during the interview. Why cornell, which immersion, why etc.. What would you do if you don't get into johnson etc...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 May 2009
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2009, 12:06
did anyone get lucky today
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 03 Jun 2009, 12:06
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
95 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants Avault 1424 23 Aug 2011, 22:02
91 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! ariel 1420 05 Aug 2010, 23:37
40 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! Raabend 1421 21 May 2009, 06:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72    Next  [ 1425 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.