Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 04:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2009, 07:53
Congratulations to everyone who has already received an interview invitation! Would you mind sharing how long it took you to get the invitation from the time the application went "under review"? Thanks a lot!
Current Student
Schools: Cornell '12

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2009, 10:07
Fabian wrote:
Congratulations to everyone who has already received an interview invitation! Would you mind sharing how long it took you to get the invitation from the time the application went "under review"? Thanks a lot!

Probably not typical but, my app went under review on a Friday and I received the interview invite on the following Wednesday.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2009, 10:55
Congrats to all who got the interview invites and best of luck for the rest..

Count me in for R2 !

Venkat

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 03:48
Has anyone from India got an invite?

I submitted on 06'Oct and my appl. is still in "Submitted" status.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 07:25
rohitmakkad wrote:
Has anyone from India got an invite?

I submitted on 06'Oct and my appl. is still in "Submitted" status.

Yes I got an invite..I am from India submitted my app on 06 oct and am done wid my alumni interview in delhi India.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell ($), Ross(accepted), Duke(accepted), Tuck, MIT, Columbia RD

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 08:45
I am also applying in R2 (AMBA applicant). Any other AMBA applicant?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross (R1-Admit)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 12:27
Hi
I have a question about the table of contents essay for Cornell. Is it okay to use coloured fonts for this essay. Has anyone tried this? Or maybe different backgrounds? Please provide any tips that you might have for this essay.
Also check out this excellent blog on B-school application. Its really good.

http://www.anecdotalmba.com/2009/10/ess ... -talk.html
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 15:58
Ari123 wrote:
Hi
I have a question about the table of contents essay for Cornell. Is it okay to use coloured fonts for this essay. Has anyone tried this? Or maybe different backgrounds? Please provide any tips that you might have for this essay.
Also check out this excellent blog on B-school application. Its really good.

http://www.anecdotalmba.com/2009/10/ess ... -talk.html

Not exactly sure but based on my understanding, most of the ad com members read the print-outs rather than word docs. In such a case, colored fonts or backgrounds may not make much sense.

Also, I believe, creativity should be reflected in the content rather than look, more so for b-school essays. Hope this helps.

Venkat

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 17:34
mine is "under review" for more than 2 weeks now.

any advice?
Current Student
Schools: Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 17:42
Received an invite around lunchtime today. I submitted my app within 24 hours of the deadline and I received the "under review" notice on Friday, October 23. My interview requested that I interview on-campus. I've read others convey that they were prompted for an alumni interview, are they all international or do they subdivide US interview invitees?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 07:07
Anyone complete the Park fellowship essay? I have heard they do not read the essay before making an admission decision. But do you know if the same group of people read the Park essay as the Admissions essay? The main question I am asking is can you use the same essay you wrote for essay #1 as your park essay? I know that is only possible if different people are reading both essays.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 08:05
Submitted Oct 6th, Finally went under review today :)
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V47
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 08:57
Count me in for R2
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Information Technology (9 yrs)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 12:57
Congratulations to everyone with invitation to interview, and All the Best to the ones waiting !

Exciting Times !

I'm in for R3. Going to start my application this weekend.

I have a question regarding the recommendation letters. Does the online application send out emails to the recommenders as soon as I put their names in, or can I choose when to send the emails by clicking on a button etc ?

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross (R1-Admit)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 18:53
They will send out an email as soon as you submit their names. Their is no way to control when you want to send the email.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 12:14
Gotcha. Thanks for your response Ari.

I just scheduled a visit to Cornell (Class visit / Info Session et al) for 23rd Nov. But while scheduling the class visit, I couldn't really find an option to select the "class" I would like to attend. I could only pick the time. So that basically means we have no control over which class we'll be able to attend, right ?

Was it the same for everyone else, or did I miss something ?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 12:23
sj0509 wrote:

I just scheduled a visit to Cornell (Class visit / Info Session et al) for 23rd Nov. But while scheduling the class visit, I couldn't really find an option to select the "class" I would like to attend. I could only pick the time. So that basically means we have no control over which class we'll be able to attend, right ?

Once you get there, you will have the option of attending any of the 3 core classes in session, which right now is strategy, statistics, and finance I believe.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 12:28
paulymba wrote:
sj0509 wrote:

Once you get there, you will have the option of attending any of the 3 core classes in session, which right now is strategy, statistics, and finance I believe.

Ah ok. Got it.thanks.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 23:23
Hey guys, just wanted to ask you if anybody whose application went under review on the 27th of October or later has received an interview invitation yet? Mine went under review on the 27th and I haven't heard anything since.
However, it seems that the review periods are getting longer even for those who finally receive an invitation.

Thanks a lot!
Current Student
Schools: MIT Sloan 2012

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2009, 08:40
hmm...I think I may have screwed it up a bit....

Taking my GMAT tomorrow (already have 2 previous scores) and I realized Cornell required "official" score from ETS on the application deadline and it does not look like Cornell will receive offiical score on 11/12 (I am applying r2).

If I submit my application on 11/12 but does not have an offiical score, does that mean I am automatically defered until round 3?

I might have to call someone up at Johnson.....
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2009, 08:40