Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale, Cornell.
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 08:34
Just received R4 interview invite. Went under review 4/1.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 08:37
MBAapp81 wrote:

Grats! might share your background?
Current Student
Schools: Kellog(R3),Olin (R3),Owen (R4),Tepper(R3),Johnson (R4)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 08:49
MBAapp81 wrote:

Is that for an on-campus interview? Also, considering mine went under review the day before yours, does that indicate a ding for me?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale, Cornell.

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 09:55
GrantChap wrote:
MBAapp81 wrote:

Is that for an on-campus interview? Also, considering mine went under review the day before yours, does that indicate a ding for me?

I called to schedule but left a voicemail, so I'm not sure, but I suspect it'll be on-campus. And no, I think all b-schools are pretty adamant about the invite process being somewhat random, so I don't think the timing of the invite has any bearing. That being said, I do think most will go out over the next 2 weeks. M 28/ 3 years derivatives trading WE/GMAT 730 (stronger verbal)/ Undergrad GPA 3.1, Law School 3.45.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 13:15
Are there any R3 applicants who still haven't received a decision of any kind?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 18:26
I was waitlisted in R3 and haven't heard anything officially from the school. I logged into my account to find the WL letter. I returned the form immediately and a couple days latter emailed to ask about when I should expect to receive the tips for strengthening my application. I was told a general email will go out late in the month.

Anyone know what Cornell's policy is for submitting additional materials so we can start to prepare?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 18:31
KSmith wrote:
I was waitlisted in R3 and haven't heard anything officially from the school. I logged into my account to find the WL letter. I returned the form immediately and a couple days latter emailed to ask about when I should expect to receive the tips for strengthening my application. I was told a general email will go out late in the month.

Anyone know what Cornell's policy is for submitting additional materials so we can start to prepare?

You can either email your additional materials to your app manager or fax them to the number provided in the waitlist letter.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2010, 08:44
My anxious waiting finally paid off. Just got an email from Cornell saying that I am awarded a $20,000 scholarship with $5000 for each semester. This is indeed the week that they announce scholarship for round 3. Hope more admits hear good news from them.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2010, 08:51
jg268 wrote:
My anxious waiting finally paid off. Just got an email from Cornell saying that I am awarded a $20,000 scholarship with $5000 for each semester. This is indeed the week that they announce scholarship for round 3. Hope more admits hear good news from them.

Congrats!! I just got the scholarship email as well, but no money for me, they were very polite about it....

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
Oscar Wilde

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2010, 09:05
Dunchess wrote:
jg268 wrote:

Congrats!! I just got the scholarship email as well, but no money for me, they were very polite about it....

I am sorry to hear that. So have you decided where to go?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Johnson, Kenan-Flagler, McDonough

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2010, 09:35
Dunchess wrote:
jg268 wrote:

jg268 - I got the email too and no money for me either. They did put me on the waitlist for scholarship. Are you on there too? I'm trying to determine if everyone who did not received a scholarship gets lumped into the waitlist.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2010, 09:43
mbm25 wrote:
Dunchess wrote:
jg268 wrote:

jg268 - I got the email too and no money for me either. They did put me on the waitlist for scholarship. Are you on there too? I'm trying to determine if everyone who did not received a scholarship gets lumped into the waitlist.

I think Dunchess could answer your question.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2010, 10:07
mbm25 wrote:
Dunchess wrote:
jg268 wrote:

We already PM'd mbm but for those who have the same question, no waitlist for me. So if you are on the scholarship waitlist start talking the scholarship recipients into some different programs!

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
Oscar Wilde

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2010, 09:48
Any other round 4 applicants receive an invitation to interview?
Current Student

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2010, 09:51
kekmurph wrote:

None here. Negative thoughts creaping in.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2010, 10:02
GrantChap wrote:
kekmurph wrote:

Ditto
Current Student

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2010, 10:14
kekmurph wrote:
GrantChap wrote:
kekmurph wrote:

Ditto

Talk about a coincidence. I just got an email inviting me for an interview. Good luck to the others, but also dont stress as I think, as stated prior, the Johnson invites are very random.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2010, 10:54
Grats! i think you are the #2 get interview invitation in r4 on this forum. are you able to schedule a local interview or you are heading to campus?
Current Student

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2010, 11:08
superdkny wrote:
Grats! i think you are the #2 get interview invitation in r4 on this forum. are you able to schedule a local interview or you are heading to campus?

They allowed me to schedule a phone interview with no questions asked. She also stated that a phone interview does not negatively impact your application.
Current Student
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2010, 11:34
GrantChap wrote:
They allowed me to schedule a phone interview with no questions asked. She also stated that a phone interview does not negatively impact your application.

That is true provided you don't live within a driving distance. If you do and have never visited the campus, I can almost guarantee you that it will adversely impact one's candidacy. This is true for most schools, but especially for the Cornell types, which try to manage their yield as much as possible.
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 08 Apr 2010, 11:34