Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
mike2012 wrote:
For all waitlisted applicants, are we required to go through a feedback session before an admit offer can be extended? Seems like according to last year's thread, many waitlisters received invitations for feedback sessions before they were given an offer?

Not necessarily. Offers have been made in the past with no prior feedback sessions. Not sure about their policy this year, but I suspect it would be similar.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
bmat wrote:
Anyone have any idea how the school reaches out to people taken off the waitlist? call? email?

Generally schools call applicants taken off the WL. They want to know that it would take only one phone call to fill a seat. Within that context, WL-s serve as a yield management tool as well (hence the direct contact).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ariel wrote:
mike2012 wrote:
For all waitlisted applicants, are we required to go through a feedback session before an admit offer can be extended? Seems like according to last year's thread, many waitlisters received invitations for feedback sessions before they were given an offer?

Not necessarily. Offers have been made in the past with no prior feedback sessions. Not sure about their policy this year, but I suspect it would be similar.

Thanks Ariel.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategic Consulting/Brand Management
Schools:Cornell (R3-Admitted);
 Q43  V38 GMAT 2: 710  Q46  V41
WE 1: 5+ IT Business Consultant/Project Manager
Send PM
ammin wrote:
any more invites????

I think there may be some movement over the next day or two as today is the last day for submitting the initial deposit for R3 admits.

fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
moiuday wrote:
ammin wrote:
any more invites????

I think there may be some movement over the next day or two as today is the last day for submitting the initial deposit for R3 admits.

fingers crossed!

Good to know!
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
If i had to bet my money, I would bet on a ding for me.Please Excuse the pessimism.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Yale, Cornell.
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
I know rankings aren't everything, but it is a little worrisome that the US News rankings have fallen from 14 to 17 to 18 in a 3 year span. Any thoughts on whether the ranking tide may turn or at least whether the bleeding will stop?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAapp81 wrote:
I know rankings aren't everything, but it is a little worrisome that the US News rankings have fallen from 14 to 17 to 18 in a 3 year span. Any thoughts on whether the ranking tide may turn or at least whether the bleeding will stop?

I wouldn't read too much into it. I would like to look at Cornell as a school consistently ranked around 15. Also this year's USN rankings were a little surprising considering Wharton never made it to the top 3/5. It seems like it was amounted to low placement figures (65%).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Yale, Cornell.
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
moiuday wrote:
MBAapp81 wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into it. I would like to look at Cornell as a school consistently ranked around 15. Also this year's USN rankings were a little surprising considering Wharton never made it to the top 3/5. It seems like it was amounted to low placement figures (65%).

Yeah I think you're right -- I was pretty surprised by that placement figure, and that seems like a likely candidate for the decline. I'd be curious to see how they ranked in the late 90's and early 2000's. This is pure speculation but I imagine the school does worse than others during downturns given its remote location for recruiters. All in all, it's still a great program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
still no invites????
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
MBAapp81 wrote:
moiuday wrote:
MBAapp81 wrote:

Yeah I think you're right -- I was pretty surprised by that placement figure, and that seems like a likely candidate for the decline. I'd be curious to see how they ranked in the late 90's and early 2000's. This is pure speculation but I imagine the school does worse than others during downturns given its remote location for recruiters. All in all, it's still a great program.

ask and you shall recieve...

1990---12
1991---12
1992---12
1993---12
1994---15
1995---14
1996---15
1997---20
1998---19
1999---16
2000---15
2001---16
2002---(no DATA)
2003---16
2004---16
2005---14
2006---15
2007---16
2008---14
2009---17
2010---18
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAapp81 wrote:
moiuday wrote:
MBAapp81 wrote:

great stats . So, yes it does seem like a no.15 school. That has pretty much been the trend. However, I have a feeling that Cornell is better than 15 because my perception of a similarly ranked school changed when I visited the school and attended a class.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ammin wrote:
still no invites????

not yet... am gettin nervy checking my mailbox.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
When will the fat lady sing ?...for those of us without invites
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied to round 4, they reached me asking to send GMAT/TOEFL results copies (very strange taking into consideration that they had my official results), and since no notice. I wonder, when do they send out invitations for interview? Does anybody know? Is it one invitation release day for everybody or on a rolling basis?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Kellog(R3),Olin (R3),Owen (R4),Tepper(R3),Johnson (R4)
Send PM
azatshop wrote:
I applied to round 4, they reached me asking to send GMAT/TOEFL results copies (very strange taking into consideration that they had my official results), and since no notice. I wonder, when do they send out invitations for interview? Does anybody know? Is it one invitation release day for everybody or on a rolling basis?

Its a rolling basis. A couple of us received invites last week, and I imagine more will get them soon. I think they issue invites as they review your app, which can be semi-random. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ammin wrote:
I just received the financial planning email.Isnt that insignificant? Isn't my hysteria unfounded? Is this any indication of the adcoms interest in my candidacy?

Saw the word Johnson in my mailbox... got excited, only to read the Financial Planning email.

... and the wait continues... hoping for the best! Have a good weekend!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  60   61   62   63   64   65   66  ...  72