Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 02:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2009
Posts: 57
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 12:50
any more invites????
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 19:08
For all waitlisted applicants, are we required to go through a feedback session before an admit offer can be extended? Seems like according to last year's thread, many waitlisters received invitations for feedback sessions before they were given an offer?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2010, 08:36
Anyone have any idea how the school reaches out to people taken off the waitlist? call? email?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 368
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2010, 09:14
mike2012 wrote:
For all waitlisted applicants, are we required to go through a feedback session before an admit offer can be extended? Seems like according to last year's thread, many waitlisters received invitations for feedback sessions before they were given an offer?


Not necessarily. Offers have been made in the past with no prior feedback sessions. Not sure about their policy this year, but I suspect it would be similar.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 368
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2010, 09:18
bmat wrote:
Anyone have any idea how the school reaches out to people taken off the waitlist? call? email?


Generally schools call applicants taken off the WL. They want to know that it would take only one phone call to fill a seat. Within that context, WL-s serve as a yield management tool as well (hence the direct contact).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2010, 10:47
ariel wrote:
mike2012 wrote:
For all waitlisted applicants, are we required to go through a feedback session before an admit offer can be extended? Seems like according to last year's thread, many waitlisters received invitations for feedback sessions before they were given an offer?


Not necessarily. Offers have been made in the past with no prior feedback sessions. Not sure about their policy this year, but I suspect it would be similar.


Thanks Ariel.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Never give up... Never!
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 136
Schools: Cornell (R3-Admitted);
WE 1: 5+ IT Business Consultant/Project Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2010, 12:05
ammin wrote:
any more invites????


I think there may be some movement over the next day or two as today is the last day for submitting the initial deposit for R3 admits.

fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Apr 2010
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2010, 12:26
moiuday wrote:
ammin wrote:
any more invites????


I think there may be some movement over the next day or two as today is the last day for submitting the initial deposit for R3 admits.

fingers crossed!


Good to know!
Thanks
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2009
Posts: 57
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2010, 12:54
If i had to bet my money, I would bet on a ding for me.Please Excuse the pessimism.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Schools: Yale, Cornell.
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 09:27
I know rankings aren't everything, but it is a little worrisome that the US News rankings have fallen from 14 to 17 to 18 in a 3 year span. Any thoughts on whether the ranking tide may turn or at least whether the bleeding will stop?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Never give up... Never!
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 136
Schools: Cornell (R3-Admitted);
WE 1: 5+ IT Business Consultant/Project Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 09:44
MBAapp81 wrote:
I know rankings aren't everything, but it is a little worrisome that the US News rankings have fallen from 14 to 17 to 18 in a 3 year span. Any thoughts on whether the ranking tide may turn or at least whether the bleeding will stop?


I wouldn't read too much into it. I would like to look at Cornell as a school consistently ranked around 15. Also this year's USN rankings were a little surprising considering Wharton never made it to the top 3/5. It seems like it was amounted to low placement figures (65%).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Schools: Yale, Cornell.
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 12:48
moiuday wrote:
MBAapp81 wrote:
I know rankings aren't everything, but it is a little worrisome that the US News rankings have fallen from 14 to 17 to 18 in a 3 year span. Any thoughts on whether the ranking tide may turn or at least whether the bleeding will stop?


I wouldn't read too much into it. I would like to look at Cornell as a school consistently ranked around 15. Also this year's USN rankings were a little surprising considering Wharton never made it to the top 3/5. It seems like it was amounted to low placement figures (65%).


Yeah I think you're right -- I was pretty surprised by that placement figure, and that seems like a likely candidate for the decline. I'd be curious to see how they ranked in the late 90's and early 2000's. This is pure speculation but I imagine the school does worse than others during downturns given its remote location for recruiters. All in all, it's still a great program.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2009
Posts: 57
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 13:03
still no invites????
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1262
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 14:02
MBAapp81 wrote:
moiuday wrote:
MBAapp81 wrote:
I know rankings aren't everything, but it is a little worrisome that the US News rankings have fallen from 14 to 17 to 18 in a 3 year span. Any thoughts on whether the ranking tide may turn or at least whether the bleeding will stop?


I wouldn't read too much into it. I would like to look at Cornell as a school consistently ranked around 15. Also this year's USN rankings were a little surprising considering Wharton never made it to the top 3/5. It seems like it was amounted to low placement figures (65%).


Yeah I think you're right -- I was pretty surprised by that placement figure, and that seems like a likely candidate for the decline. I'd be curious to see how they ranked in the late 90's and early 2000's. This is pure speculation but I imagine the school does worse than others during downturns given its remote location for recruiters. All in all, it's still a great program.


ask and you shall recieve...

1990---12
1991---12
1992---12
1993---12
1994---15
1995---14
1996---15
1997---20
1998---19
1999---16
2000---15
2001---16
2002---(no DATA)
2003---16
2004---16
2005---14
2006---15
2007---16
2008---14
2009---17
2010---18
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Never give up... Never!
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 136
Schools: Cornell (R3-Admitted);
WE 1: 5+ IT Business Consultant/Project Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 16:43
MBAapp81 wrote:
moiuday wrote:
MBAapp81 wrote:
I know rankings aren't everything, but it is a little worrisome that the US News rankings have fallen from 14 to 17 to 18 in a 3 year span. Any thoughts on whether the ranking tide may turn or at least whether the bleeding will stop?


I wouldn't read too much into it. I would like to look at Cornell as a school consistently ranked around 15. Also this year's USN rankings were a little surprising considering Wharton never made it to the top 3/5. It seems like it was amounted to low placement figures (65%).


Yeah I think you're right -- I was pretty surprised by that placement figure, and that seems like a likely candidate for the decline. I'd be curious to see how they ranked in the late 90's and early 2000's. This is pure speculation but I imagine the school does worse than others during downturns given its remote location for recruiters. All in all, it's still a great program.



great stats . So, yes it does seem like a no.15 school. That has pretty much been the trend. However, I have a feeling that Cornell is better than 15 because my perception of a similarly ranked school changed when I visited the school and attended a class.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Never give up... Never!
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 136
Schools: Cornell (R3-Admitted);
WE 1: 5+ IT Business Consultant/Project Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 16:44
ammin wrote:
still no invites????


not yet... am gettin nervy checking my mailbox.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2009
Posts: 57
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 18:29
When will the fat lady sing ?...for those of us without invites
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2010, 10:05
I applied to round 4, they reached me asking to send GMAT/TOEFL results copies (very strange taking into consideration that they had my official results), and since no notice. I wonder, when do they send out invitations for interview? Does anybody know? Is it one invitation release day for everybody or on a rolling basis?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 75
Schools: Kellog(R3),Olin (R3),Owen (R4),Tepper(R3),Johnson (R4)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2010, 10:08
azatshop wrote:
I applied to round 4, they reached me asking to send GMAT/TOEFL results copies (very strange taking into consideration that they had my official results), and since no notice. I wonder, when do they send out invitations for interview? Does anybody know? Is it one invitation release day for everybody or on a rolling basis?


Its a rolling basis. A couple of us received invites last week, and I imagine more will get them soon. I think they issue invites as they review your app, which can be semi-random. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Never give up... Never!
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 136
Schools: Cornell (R3-Admitted);
WE 1: 5+ IT Business Consultant/Project Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2010, 12:14
ammin wrote:
I just received the financial planning email.Isnt that insignificant? Isn't my hysteria unfounded? Is this any indication of the adcoms interest in my candidacy?


Saw the word Johnson in my mailbox... got excited, only to read the Financial Planning email.

... and the wait continues... hoping for the best! Have a good weekend!
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 16 Apr 2010, 12:14
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
95 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants Avault 1424 23 Aug 2011, 22:02
91 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! ariel 1420 05 Aug 2010, 23:37
46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  60   61   62   63   64   65   66  ...  72    Next  [ 1422 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.