Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 05:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2010, 18:09
Thanks! But how do I know whether I was invited or not? will the application profile indicate smth like:
interview: not invited/invited ?
Since it is on a rolling basis, it is hard to judge whether they are still reviewing and deciding to invite, or whether they have decided not to invite :(

GrantChap wrote:
azatshop wrote:
I applied to round 4, they reached me asking to send GMAT/TOEFL results copies (very strange taking into consideration that they had my official results), and since no notice. I wonder, when do they send out invitations for interview? Does anybody know? Is it one invitation release day for everybody or on a rolling basis?

Its a rolling basis. A couple of us received invites last week, and I imagine more will get them soon. I think they issue invites as they review your app, which can be semi-random. Good luck.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Kellog(R3),Olin (R3),Owen (R4),Tepper(R3),Johnson (R4)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2010, 18:26
azatshop wrote:
Thanks! But how do I know whether I was invited or not?

When I access my app it states the following:

"Invited to Interview - The Admissions Committee would like to schedule an interview with you as soon as possible. You will receive further information regarding the interview process via email."

Up until the point when that changed, it simply said something like "App under review."

I received an email regarding my interview prior to my status online changing.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell '12

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 07:03
This post received
KUDOS
Admitted to Cornell 2 yr MBA. R3 applicant. Congratulations to others admitted. Good luck to those on waitlist, keep up the fight.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Cornell (R1),
WE 1: E-Payments (3 years)
WE 2: Semiconductors (3 years)
WE 3: Aerospace & Defense (2 years)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 07:27
As a note, after Destination Johnson last weekend, someone commented that they would start reviewing the waitlist shortly thereafter. I'm not sure on the exact timeline...
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2010, 18:59
anybody on scholarship waitlist from R1 or R2 heard anything as yet?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2010, 22:12
hey vino

Were you on the waitlist earlier? could you give some pointers on how to improve my profile?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 12:55
anyone get an invite today??
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 13:24
This post received
KUDOS
This is so disspiriting!!!! I poured my soul onto those PDF docs....and all I am going to get in response is

We appreciate the time & effort but Next Year Bud.

Not even an interview . Really!!!
Current Student
Schools: Kellog(R3),Olin (R3),Owen (R4),Tepper(R3),Johnson (R4)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 13:28
ammin wrote:
This is so disspiriting!!!! I poured my soul onto those PDF docs....and all I am going to get in response is

We appreciate the time & effort but Next Year Bud.

Not even an interview . Really!!!

Did you get official notification?

Even if you do go without an invite, understand that applying to the final round at any school is extremely selective. Also, I would bet that the final round is not so much based on credentials, but rather trying to fill those niche holes in a class profile. I wouldnt think much of it as it likely reflects very little on what type of applicant you are.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 13:47
no official notification yet.I just want to start the grieving process.

With every passing day, an interview invite seems all the more unlikely.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale, Cornell.

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 17:16
This post received
KUDOS
ammin wrote:

Don't be so tough on yourself ammin, the 4th round is very difficult. Randall Sawyer said the following concerning different rounds: "...we have four rounds, with Round One concluded last week. Percentages of offers are higher for those in Round One. Round Two is strong and Rounds 3 and 4 are much tougher, with Round Four being very difficult. Last year we had 500 apps in Round 1, 750 in Round 2, 1300 in Round 3 and 400 in Round Four--by the time we got to Round Four, most of the class was filled." (http://www.accepted.com/chat/Transcript ... rnell.aspx). If you're stats match up with Cornell's and/or you have a great story, you still have a shot this year. But if it doesn't work out, you may have just picked the wrong round. From what I gather, the reapplication process is very straightforward, and the effort you have put in wouldn't be wasted. Until you hear either way though, good luck!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Cornell (R3-Admitted);
WE 1: 5+ IT Business Consultant/Project Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 18:10
MBAapp81 wrote:
ammin wrote:

Don't be so tough on yourself ammin, the 4th round is very difficult. Randall Sawyer said the following concerning different rounds: "...we have four rounds, with Round One concluded last week. Percentages of offers are higher for those in Round One. Round Two is strong and Rounds 3 and 4 are much tougher, with Round Four being very difficult. Last year we had 500 apps in Round 1, 750 in Round 2, 1300 in Round 3 and 400 in Round Four--by the time we got to Round Four, most of the class was filled." (http://www.accepted.com/chat/Transcript ... rnell.aspx). If you're stats match up with Cornell's and/or you have a great story, you still have a shot this year. But if it doesn't work out, you may have just picked the wrong round. From what I gather, the reapplication process is very straightforward, and the effort you have put in wouldn't be wasted. Until you hear either way though, good luck!

Ammin... I too am on the brink of pessimism but try to think that something good might come up one of these days. I had a harsh rejection from another b school after being on the waitlist. So just hoping for the best! I have seen in some forums that Cornell did take some time on Rd 3 and some of the candidates got a call after the decision date and one person made it. So... as they say... i am hoping against hope!
@MBAApp - did you complete your interview?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 05:30
fellow wait listed applicants,

has anyone received feedback/reply after sending in additional information to your application account manager?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale, Cornell.

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 09:00
moiuday wrote:
MBAapp81 wrote:
ammin wrote:

Ammin... I too am on the brink of pessimism but try to think that something good might come up one of these days. I had a harsh rejection from another b school after being on the waitlist. So just hoping for the best! I have seen in some forums that Cornell did take some time on Rd 3 and some of the candidates got a call after the decision date and one person made it. So... as they say... i am hoping against hope!
@MBAApp - did you complete your interview?

moiuday -- i completed the on-campus interview. In terms of questions, there was nothing out of the ordinary, mostly just work experience, why an mba, why now, etc. I do highly recommend a visit to the campus. The students and administration are really nice and helpful. Also, it's a large campus so it was good to get a sense of the surrounding area.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 23:15
This post received
KUDOS
Just interviewed on-campus for round 4 and was disappointed with the program and lack of professionalism...Johnson was high on my list pre-interview, but now I've removed them from consideration. GL to all else applying.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 23:51
@andy reddy

Could you give us some specifics. Did you interview a few hours back
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2010, 00:09
What could happen to bring you to such conclusions?

andyreddy wrote:
Just interviewed on-campus for round 4 and was disappointed with the program and lack of professionalism...Johnson was high on my list pre-interview, but now I've removed them from consideration. GL to all else applying.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2010, 02:02
This post received
KUDOS
troll alert
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2010, 05:03
I'm a rnd.3 international applicant with no decision yet. Funny huh?
No admission, no waitlist, no ding. Nothing.
Anyone from Round 3 still waiting for a decision?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2010, 12:28
Spoke to the processing staff. Have been told that they havent forwarded an invite in a long time.Furthermore, The class is nearly full & they dont expect many invites to be sent out in the remaining few days.
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2010, 12:28