Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:25 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Wharton, Cornell, Darden
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
bmat wrote:
How did they contact you for the feedback session? A call? Did they give up any info about where theyre at with the waitlist right now?

I received a request for a feedback session as well and it came in an email. I'm not sure where they are in the WL process, but I'll be sure to share details on what was discussed once it's over.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anyone else received a feedback invite?
What transpired in the feedback session(for those who already had their feedback session)
Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton, Cornell, Darden
Send PM
mbacheckmate wrote:
Has anyone else received a feedback invite?
What transpired in the feedback session(for those who already had their feedback session)

It is pretty much a discussion about any updates to your profile since the waitlist. They also dig into the usual questions of long term/ short term career goals, developments at work, significant leadership/ team work stories etc.

They didn't reveal much about the waitlist details though - looks like after the June deposit deadline they might be able to make offers for the waitlisters depending on the number of seats left.

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Yay - just been accepted!! Had a call arranged with admissions where they just let me know they had accepted me. Kinda taken by surprise!

Good luck to the rest of the people on the wait list.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Baz wrote:
Yay - just been accepted!! Had a call arranged with admissions where they just let me know they had accepted me. Kinda taken by surprise!

Congratulations!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Schools:Cornell University - The Johnson School
Send PM
Baz wrote:

Congratulations!!! :woohoo
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Baz wrote:

Congrats Baz! Are you an international student and did you go through a feedback session before the admit? Or was it just a call from the adcom with an offer? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi - I'm an international and I requested a decision for valid reasons. I scheduled a call to discuss these reasons however when I called they offered me a place. I didn't have to discuss the two updates and additional recommendation I added to my applications. Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Baz wrote:
Hi - I'm an international and I requested a decision for valid reasons. I scheduled a call to discuss these reasons however when I called they offered me a place. I didn't have to discuss the two updates and additional recommendation I added to my applications. Hope that helps.

So there was no feedback session days or weeks prior to your call to them right? May I know the region you're located? Thanks for the quick response Baz and congrats again!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Just got an admit call as well. My feedback session was last week and it went exactly the way tangerinegate described it above. The questions revolved around progress since they put me on the WL, career goals, and in my case improvements in my quantitative aptitude. They also allude to the areas in your profile that you should address after you've updated them on what you've been doing. It was fairly conversational and the person who conducted my session (adcom member) was very nice and definitely put me at ease. I find all of JGSM staff very friendly and outgoing, so that helps.

IMHO getting a feedback session is a factor of a couple of things:

1) self-awareness: have you addressed the areas in your profile they were concerned about (without them telling you what those are)? Know thyself. Also importantly, if you know that Johnson is your top choice - don't hesitate to tell them that! They want to know that one phone call to a WL person is going to fill a spot in the upcoming class. Since the WL is used to manage yield, they want to be sure you will enroll. If you know that you will, tell them that.

2) luck: by luck I really mean things that are out of your control like demographics, profile of admitted students, most recent yield, etc.

We'll most likely see more movement on the WL this week and next as 2nd deposits were due yesterday. If you haven't updated the adcom on your progress in a while and have something worth mentioning, I'd try to get it in as soon as possible.

I hope this helps someone out there. It's really just my perspective, so take it with a grain of salt. Congratulations to everyone admitted and best of luck to everyone else!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ariel wrote:
Just got an admit call as well. My feedback session was last week and it went exactly the way tangerinegate described it above. The questions revolved around progress since they put me on the WL, career goals, and in my case improvements in my quantitative aptitude. They also allude to the areas in your profile that you should address after you've updated them on what you've been doing. It was fairly conversational and the person who conducted my session (adcom member) was very nice and definitely put me at ease. I find all of JGSM staff very friendly and outgoing, so that helps.

IMHO getting a feedback session is a factor of a couple of things:

1) self-awareness: have you addressed the areas in your profile they were concerned about (without them telling you what those are)? Know thyself. Also importantly, if you know that Johnson is your top choice - don't hesitate to tell them that! They want to know that one phone call to a WL person is going to fill a spot in the upcoming class. Since the WL is used to manage yield, they want to be sure you will enroll. If you know that you will, tell them that.

2) luck: by luck I really mean things that are out of your control like demographics, profile of admitted students, most recent yield, etc.

We'll most likely see more movement on the WL this week and next as 2nd deposits were due yesterday. If you haven't updated the adcom on your progress in a while and have something worth mentioning, I'd try to get it in as soon as possible.

I hope this helps someone out there. It's really just my perspective, so take it with a grain of salt. Congratulations to everyone admitted and best of luck to everyone else!

Well Done...Congratulations!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats to all those who have made it off the waitlist. Has anyone made it off without a feedback session?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I am just waiting for my ding email...either way I just want an answer!!
This wait is agonizing.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Send PM
mbacheckmate wrote:
This wait is agonizing.

It ain't over till it's over, mbacheckmate. Have you sent them an update recently?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ariel wrote:
It ain't over till it's over, mbacheckmate. Have you sent them an update recently?

Thanks.I am trying to stay positive but the wait is killing me. Yeah,I have sent in quite a few updates including one this week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does Cornell provide feedback session for the denial? I sent them an email request but no reply yet....
Any idea?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Schools:Cornell University - The Johnson School
Send PM
ariel wrote:
mbacheckmate wrote:
This wait is agonizing.

Congrats Ariel, do you plan to attend?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72