Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 23:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 15:58
Ari123 wrote:
Hi
I have a question about the table of contents essay for Cornell. Is it okay to use coloured fonts for this essay. Has anyone tried this? Or maybe different backgrounds? Please provide any tips that you might have for this essay.
Also check out this excellent blog on B-school application. Its really good.

http://www.anecdotalmba.com/2009/10/ess ... -talk.html


Not exactly sure but based on my understanding, most of the ad com members read the print-outs rather than word docs. In such a case, colored fonts or backgrounds may not make much sense.

Also, I believe, creativity should be reflected in the content rather than look, more so for b-school essays. Hope this helps.
_________________

Venkat

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 17:34
mine is "under review" for more than 2 weeks now.

any advice?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 51
Schools: Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 17:42
Received an invite around lunchtime today. I submitted my app within 24 hours of the deadline and I received the "under review" notice on Friday, October 23. My interview requested that I interview on-campus. I've read others convey that they were prompted for an alumni interview, are they all international or do they subdivide US interview invitees?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 07:07
Anyone complete the Park fellowship essay? I have heard they do not read the essay before making an admission decision. But do you know if the same group of people read the Park essay as the Admissions essay? The main question I am asking is can you use the same essay you wrote for essay #1 as your park essay? I know that is only possible if different people are reading both essays.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 08:05
Submitted Oct 6th, Finally went under review today :)
Intern
Intern
Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Posts: 40
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V47
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 08:57
Count me in for R2
Manager
Manager
Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Posts: 71
Location: New York
WE 1: Information Technology (9 yrs)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 12:57
Congratulations to everyone with invitation to interview, and All the Best to the ones waiting !

Exciting Times !

I'm in for R3. Going to start my application this weekend.

I have a question regarding the recommendation letters. Does the online application send out emails to the recommenders as soon as I put their names in, or can I choose when to send the emails by clicking on a button etc ?

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 01 Aug 2009
Posts: 213
Schools: Ross (R1-Admit)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 18:53
They will send out an email as soon as you submit their names. Their is no way to control when you want to send the email.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Posts: 71
Location: New York
WE 1: Information Technology (9 yrs)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 12:14
Gotcha. Thanks for your response Ari.


I just scheduled a visit to Cornell (Class visit / Info Session et al) for 23rd Nov. But while scheduling the class visit, I couldn't really find an option to select the "class" I would like to attend. I could only pick the time. So that basically means we have no control over which class we'll be able to attend, right ?

Was it the same for everyone else, or did I miss something ?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 12:23
sj0509 wrote:
Gotcha. Thanks for your response Ari.


I just scheduled a visit to Cornell (Class visit / Info Session et al) for 23rd Nov. But while scheduling the class visit, I couldn't really find an option to select the "class" I would like to attend. I could only pick the time. So that basically means we have no control over which class we'll be able to attend, right ?

Was it the same for everyone else, or did I miss something ?

Once you get there, you will have the option of attending any of the 3 core classes in session, which right now is strategy, statistics, and finance I believe.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Posts: 71
Location: New York
WE 1: Information Technology (9 yrs)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 12:28
paulymba wrote:
sj0509 wrote:
Gotcha. Thanks for your response Ari.


I just scheduled a visit to Cornell (Class visit / Info Session et al) for 23rd Nov. But while scheduling the class visit, I couldn't really find an option to select the "class" I would like to attend. I could only pick the time. So that basically means we have no control over which class we'll be able to attend, right ?

Was it the same for everyone else, or did I miss something ?

Once you get there, you will have the option of attending any of the 3 core classes in session, which right now is strategy, statistics, and finance I believe.


Ah ok. Got it.thanks.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 7
Schools: Yale
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 23:23
Hey guys, just wanted to ask you if anybody whose application went under review on the 27th of October or later has received an interview invitation yet? Mine went under review on the 27th and I haven't heard anything since.
However, it seems that the review periods are getting longer even for those who finally receive an invitation.

Thanks a lot!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Aug 2009
Posts: 112
Schools: MIT Sloan 2012
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2009, 08:40
hmm...I think I may have screwed it up a bit....

Taking my GMAT tomorrow (already have 2 previous scores) and I realized Cornell required "official" score from ETS on the application deadline and it does not look like Cornell will receive offiical score on 11/12 (I am applying r2).

If I submit my application on 11/12 but does not have an offiical score, does that mean I am automatically defered until round 3?

I might have to call someone up at Johnson.....
Manager
Manager
Joined: 01 Aug 2009
Posts: 213
Schools: Ross (R1-Admit)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2009, 23:45
Hi
I am filling the data boxes for Cornell 2 year MBA program. I noticed that there are no boxes for community involvement or awards. Am I missing something here or Cornell does not ask for those things.Please answer
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 31
WE 1: 5 years
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2009, 00:19
jzd wrote:
hmm...I think I may have screwed it up a bit....

Taking my GMAT tomorrow (already have 2 previous scores) and I realized Cornell required "official" score from ETS on the application deadline and it does not look like Cornell will receive offiical score on 11/12 (I am applying r2).

If I submit my application on 11/12 but does not have an offiical score, does that mean I am automatically defered until round 3?

I might have to call someone up at Johnson.....



You might be saved. Once applications are submitted application committee check whether all documents are received or not, and update the status to complete. The selection of application for this activity doesnt follow any pattern, so there might be chances that your turn may come after 2 days of deadline or 2 weeks or more. I submitted my application on 6th oct but application committee took my application from pile of applications on 27th Oct and then changed the status to complete. So if ur official score will b available to school by 22nd that will also work , if u r not unlucky and be the first one to be picked post deadline
Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Oct 2009
Posts: 31
Schools: Duke(ER), CBS(ER), Cornell(R1), Yale(R1), Darden(R1), MIT(R1)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2009, 07:25
redcarpet wrote:
rohitmakkad wrote:
Has anyone from India got an invite?

I submitted on 06'Oct and my appl. is still in "Submitted" status.



Yes I got an invite..I am from India submitted my app on 06 oct and am done wid my alumni interview in delhi India.


Hello RedCarpet

I have my interview with Cornell alumni in Delhi, was your interview with CJ Fonzi?
Please share your experience with me. like How was the interview wat all questons did he ask and did he make you feel comfortable or was putting some odd balls.

Eagerly waiting for your reply my interview is in 2 days
Thanks
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 608
Location: The High Seas
Schools: Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2009, 18:01
I was told by the assistant dir of admissions that you can enter the score on the application and it would be fine if the official report comes later.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2009, 00:33
ramang wrote:
redcarpet wrote:
rohitmakkad wrote:
Has anyone from India got an invite?

I submitted on 06'Oct and my appl. is still in "Submitted" status.



Yes I got an invite..I am from India submitted my app on 06 oct and am done wid my alumni interview in delhi India.


Hello RedCarpet

I have my interview with Cornell alumni in Delhi, was your interview with CJ Fonzi?
Please share your experience with me. like How was the interview wat all questons did he ask and did he make you feel comfortable or was putting some odd balls.

Eagerly waiting for your reply my interview is in 2 days
Thanks


Hi,

Can you share your profile with us?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2009, 00:37
Fabian wrote:
Hey guys, just wanted to ask you if anybody whose application went under review on the 27th of October or later has received an interview invitation yet? Mine went under review on the 27th and I haven't heard anything since.
However, it seems that the review periods are getting longer even for those who finally receive an invitation.

Thanks a lot!


Same here man!!! mine went under review on the 27th only and haven't heard any thing since then... :( lets hope for the best!!!!!!!!!!!
Current Student
Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 21
Schools: Cornell '12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2009, 06:10
Has anyone interviewed on campus yet?
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2009, 06:10
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Popular new posts 46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 91 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! ariel 1420 05 Aug 2010, 23:37
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 95 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants Avault 1424 23 Aug 2011, 22:02
Popular new posts 226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  72    Next  [ 1422 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.