Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 10:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell '12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 07:03
This post received
KUDOS
Admitted to Cornell 2 yr MBA. R3 applicant. Congratulations to others admitted. Good luck to those on waitlist, keep up the fight.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 13:24
This post received
KUDOS
This is so disspiriting!!!! I poured my soul onto those PDF docs....and all I am going to get in response is

We appreciate the time & effort but Next Year Bud.

Not even an interview . Really!!!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale, Cornell.

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 17:16
This post received
KUDOS
ammin wrote:
no official notification yet.I just want to start the grieving process.

With every passing day, an interview invite seems all the more unlikely.

Don't be so tough on yourself ammin, the 4th round is very difficult. Randall Sawyer said the following concerning different rounds: "...we have four rounds, with Round One concluded last week. Percentages of offers are higher for those in Round One. Round Two is strong and Rounds 3 and 4 are much tougher, with Round Four being very difficult. Last year we had 500 apps in Round 1, 750 in Round 2, 1300 in Round 3 and 400 in Round Four--by the time we got to Round Four, most of the class was filled." (http://www.accepted.com/chat/Transcript ... rnell.aspx). If you're stats match up with Cornell's and/or you have a great story, you still have a shot this year. But if it doesn't work out, you may have just picked the wrong round. From what I gather, the reapplication process is very straightforward, and the effort you have put in wouldn't be wasted. Until you hear either way though, good luck!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 23:15
This post received
KUDOS
Just interviewed on-campus for round 4 and was disappointed with the program and lack of professionalism...Johnson was high on my list pre-interview, but now I've removed them from consideration. GL to all else applying.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2010, 02:02
This post received
KUDOS
troll alert
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2010, 16:44
This post received
KUDOS
The mind sees what it choses to see.
If you plot cornell's rankings against feet of snowfall in Ithaca since 1990 I am sure there are people who will observe a correlation. However none of us will contest the claim that the correlation is mere coincidence.

Similarly while plotting change in cornell rankings to the change in index values(DJIA, NYSE etc) , You need to avoid data mining, articulate a clear hypothesis after plotting your graphs and subject your conclusions to hypothesis testing.

I applaud the effort but none of these conclusions are reliable in the slightest.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 14:27
This post received
KUDOS
I thought I will share some quick thoughts on the waitlist status since I just talked to Admission. It sounded like they accepted some people off the waitlist this week (me included!). The admission will do another status update on Friday to evaluate how many seats are taken and if they can offer more seats. So I am speculating there will be more news going out next week. Good luck, waitlisters.

Lastly, if admission contacts you for a feedback session, be prepared! They will ask for your work progress and anything you have done to strengthen your profile.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 19:00
This post received
KUDOS
^I just checked now, and the status has changed to accepted.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 22:24
This post received
KUDOS
There were a few approaches I took in handling the waitlist:
1) find weakness in candidacy and try to improve upon that
2) be proactive: sign up and take classes, take more responsibility at work, talk to faculty and students, send in an extra letter of recommendation
3) show commitment, let them know Johnson is your #1
3) MOST IMPORTANT: keep in touch with admission and tell them about your approaches and progresses. The idea is that you want them to be familiar with you and will recommend you when they come to review the waitlist. Of course, don't be pesky, make sure you really have something important to say every time you reach out to them.

And I am a domestic student. I got accepted a day after my feedback session. I hope the information will help some of you. Keep me posted!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale, Cornell.

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 05:02
This post received
KUDOS
GrantChap wrote:
MBAapp81 wrote:
GrantChap wrote:
R4 applicant with interview. My app status says I will have a decision by 9 am EST tomorrow morning.

Any word yet? I'm R4 and haven't heard anything, then again, my status still says that I have an interviewed scheduled even though I went to the campus for my interview several weeks ago....

Nothing yet. Now I have to make the long drive to work and wait until I get there to get my decision. Oh the pains of not having a smartphone.

Just got in! It changed about 5 min. ago.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Kellog(R3),Olin (R3),Owen (R4),Tepper(R3),Johnson (R4)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 05:28
This post received
KUDOS
Im in too. Good thing I ignored all the people who told me:

-"You're GPA is too low for top 30 schools"
-"Your GMAT needs to be higher"
-"Get a consultant to help with your essays"
-"Round 4 is application suicide"

In the end, be yourself, be honest, and know what you want and things work out. Thanks to this forum for alot of advice and information.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 09:59
This post received
KUDOS
As per my interaction with adcom feedback conversation seems to be an important step towards getting off the wait list. I also came to know that it is mainly invitation based which means that if someone receives an email regarding the feedback he/she must consider it as a positive sign and prepare well for the day.

I hope we all get that chance :)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 15:22
This post received
KUDOS
First time poster here. Just got in R4. Congratulations to all those admitted.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 10:06
This post received
KUDOS
bmat wrote:
Anyone recieve word on waitlist movement??

Its eerily quiet.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2010, 12:28
This post received
KUDOS
Yay - just been accepted!! Had a call arranged with admissions where they just let me know they had accepted me. Kinda taken by surprise!

Good luck to the rest of the people on the wait list.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2010, 18:21
This post received
KUDOS
I'm in. I just got the call today at work. Wasn't expecting it at all since I was waitlisted for what seemed like a lifetime and didn't get a feedback session until about last week.

Don't give up hope, there are still slots avail!
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 69

Kudos [?]: 684 [0], given: 548

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 May 2009, 12:32
Do you need help with marketing Cornell?

I can lend you the Nink Power.... :wink:
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 129 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 May 2009, 12:36
Nah, prospective Cornellians wait until the last second because they are just way too busy being super duper awesome.

nink wrote:
Do you need help with marketing Cornell?

I can lend you the Nink Power.... :wink:

"George is getting upset!"

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 May 2009, 11:13
Thanks for starting this Raabend !

wow what happened? is this the US News effect?

Ok I will start this. I will apply to Cornell...and hope that I'm not the only one in gclub.
Aiming for round 1, but reality might not agree with me.
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 129 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 May 2009, 14:57
Im expecting Cornell to suffer from the Raabend effect and have a booming applicant pool this season. Best of luck 8-)

cul3s wrote:
Thanks for starting this Raabend !

wow what happened? is this the US News effect?

Ok I will start this. I will apply to Cornell...and hope that I'm not the only one in gclub.
Aiming for round 1, but reality might not agree with me.

"George is getting upset!"

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 23 May 2009, 14:57