Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 07:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 07:03
fd wrote:
Phil3000 wrote:
I received admission yesterday after being on the waitlist since R2. I am very excited to be attending. I wish those of you still waiting the best of luck. I know how hard the waiting is.

Congratulations Phil !!!

May I ask if you were invited for that waitlist feedback session prior to acceptance?

I had a feedback session in early May.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA, FRM
Schools: Kellogg, Duke, Cornell, Berkeley (All last rounds)
WE 1: Credit Risk Management
WE 2: Equity Strategy (Sell-side research)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 07:10
Phil3000 wrote:
fd wrote:
Phil3000 wrote:
I received admission yesterday after being on the waitlist since R2. I am very excited to be attending. I wish those of you still waiting the best of luck. I know how hard the waiting is.

Congratulations Phil !!!

May I ask if you were invited for that waitlist feedback session prior to acceptance?

I had a feedback session in early May.

So a feedback session is required for a waitlist admit. Well that puts a nail on it for me this year. :cry:

Anyways, have an awesome time there Phil. Its a great school.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Cornell (R3-Admitted);
WE 1: 5+ IT Business Consultant/Project Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 07:32
I had a feedback session in early May.[/quote]

So a feedback session is required for a waitlist admit. Well that puts a nail on it for me this year. :cry:

Anyways, have an awesome time there Phil. Its a great school.[/quote]

I so don't want to give up... but i may have to... however I havent seen any R3 WL'ers get invites? Are they moving from R1-R4... makes sense as folks on R1 and R2 have been waiting for 4-6 months.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 14:06
BigRed2013 wrote:
I received a call from the acting admin director (not randell) at 2:15pm eastern time yesterday 6/2. I applied in the final round and was waitlisted after interviewing. I'm domestic. I had my waitlist feedback the 2nd week of may (which I went to Ithaca for)...updated my resume mid-may...provided an update via email on 5/31/11. I was asked to make a $3k deposit by close of business yesterday. I'm now a Cornellian.

Don't give hope if you're still on the waitlist. I honestly believe they are looking at students now that have always wanted Johnson as their top choice and have demonstrated that throughout the process. Even during the 10 min 'offer' call, the admin director was still feeling me out until about minute 8 when the offer was made.

I know they will take waitlisters up until the 1st day of orientation, so stay positive. During my feedback they indicated later this month that they would begin to reduce the number of candidates that remain on the waitlist to provide some closure.

There's always hope left in Pandoras box.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Congrats BigRed... great post! I am still keeping up the hope coz I believe I sent in some good updates. Fingers crossed!
Current Student
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2013
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2011, 20:02
Congrats BigRed2013! And hang in there moiuday... based on the number of people on the Cornell group, I think there's still some room in the class.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2011, 15:12
redjam17 wrote:
Congrats BigRed2013! And hang in there moiuday... based on the number of people on the Cornell group, I think there's still some room in the class.

Yep... there and hoping to make it :| . Do you know how much time it takes for internationals to get their visa and other formalities done? I did read in the accepted.com Wait List Q&A that the school does keep a tab on that situation and hence would let internationals know in time for them to get their visa n funding arranged. (I am an international currently residing in the NE USA).
Current Student
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2013
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2011, 22:14
Well it depends on which of the following categories you fall under:
1) International student in the US on an H1B
2) International student in the US on a visitor visa

If you're (1), then there's a thread on this forum discussing exactly that. I'm not quite sure what the exact process is so I'd recommend that you check there.
If you're (2), then the whole process shouldn't take longer than 3 weeks. Basically the stems are as follows: getting your finances in order, sending those through to Cornell (delivery delay), waiting for them to issue an I-20, Cornell sending I-20 to you (delivery delay), you paying the SEVIS fee online and booking an appointment with the consulate in your area (I'm not sure how you'll handle this since you're already in the US), giving an interview and getting stamped. All done.

A lot of the other schools are hoping to wrap-up their watlists by the end of the month and I'm guessing that Cornell will do something similar too. Not sure but either way, nothing to worry about... you have plenty of time in terms of processing your F1.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2011, 09:14
redjam17 wrote:
Well it depends on which of the following categories you fall under:
1) International student in the US on an H1B
2) International student in the US on a visitor visa

If you're (1), then there's a thread on this forum discussing exactly that. I'm not quite sure what the exact process is so I'd recommend that you check there.
If you're (2), then the whole process shouldn't take longer than 3 weeks. Basically the stems are as follows: getting your finances in order, sending those through to Cornell (delivery delay), waiting for them to issue an I-20, Cornell sending I-20 to you (delivery delay), you paying the SEVIS fee online and booking an appointment with the consulate in your area (I'm not sure how you'll handle this since you're already in the US), giving an interview and getting stamped. All done.

A lot of the other schools are hoping to wrap-up their watlists by the end of the month and I'm guessing that Cornell will do something similar too. Not sure but either way, nothing to worry about... you have plenty of time in terms of processing your F1.

Thanks for the info redjam. I was thinking around 4-5 weeks but no surprises in the process.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 08:10
International candidate here - was waitlisted in the 4th round.

Just had a call with the Admissions director. Although not an outright offer, but I have been asked to commit 3000 $ by Thursday, think about the huge financial burden and let them know about my commitment. So hopefully I am in !!!! :-D
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 09:39
fd wrote:

Just had a call with the Admissions director. Although not an outright offer, but I have been asked to commit 3000 $ by Thursday, think about the huge financial burden and let them know about my commitment. So hopefully I am in !!!! :-D

Congrats fd... so they are still rolling out offers to internationals then.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 37

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 10:42
Hey guys,
I have noticed that Cornell likes to accept really young applicants. A have many friends with just one or two years of WE that got offers from Johnson. Is it just me, or the school really likes young applicants :)
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 12:09
fd wrote:

fd... did you have a feedback session before this call?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 21:17
moiuday wrote:
fd wrote:

fd... did you have a feedback session before this call?

Thanks Moiuday. No I had no feedback session before the call. Probably because I sent 11 updates in the last 1 month! The director said my waitlist file was the thickest!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 21:25
sunnymm2011 wrote:
cong fd! I got an email asking me to call back because I wasnt able to pick up my phone. Could you let me know if this $3k means you are already given an offer or still need to wait for further decision? Did they say when you can hear the final decision? I am a bit confused about the status here. Also, did they ask any specific question in the phone like during the interview?

Thanks a lot!!!

fd wrote:

As I said it was not an outright offer but mainly trying to gauge how committed I was if an offer is made, although the director did say I am among the files in consideration. Anyway I happy of some progress. And yeah, they will wrap up the internationals by this week most probably.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 23:55
Hi Sunnymm2011

I was also ask for a $3000 deposit yesterday. I am an international student and got wl at Round one.

They just told me they offer me a spot in the 2013 class, and required me to submit the deposit in 24hours.

Also, I found my application status changed to Offer after the call.

Hope it helps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 05:25
Ivan91 wrote:
Hey guys,
I have noticed that Cornell likes to accept really young applicants. A have many friends with just one or two years of WE that got offers from Johnson. Is it just me, or the school really likes young applicants :)

Anyone ? :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 09:40
I have 6+ years of work experience and I got an offer. Not sure you can generalize.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
WE 1: IT Consulting - 5 Years

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 10:20
foxyang wrote:
Hi Sunnymm2011

I was also ask for a $3000 deposit yesterday. I am an international student and got wl at Round one.

They just told me they offer me a spot in the 2013 class, and required me to submit the deposit in 24hours.

Also, I found my application status changed to Offer after the call.

Hope it helps.

Did you get invited to a feedback session with ad-com earlier? If yes, could you please let me know when?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 11:57
No, I wouldn't say Johnson is younger than say...Harvard/Stanford, but definitely Kellogg, Duke etc. Median work experience is 4 years. Middle 80 percentile is 2 to 7 years according to BusinessWeek. Average age is 27. The number of years of experience Ivan91's "friends" purportedly have and tee19's years are both towards the two extremes of the spectrum.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 15:23
Gannet wrote:
No, I wouldn't say Johnson is younger than say...Harvard/Stanford, but definitely Kellogg, Duke etc. Median work experience is 4 years. Middle 80 percentile is 2 to 7 years according to BusinessWeek. Average age is 27. The number of years of experience Ivan91's "friends" purportedly have and tee19's years are both towards the two extremes of the spectrum.

Why put friends in " " ??
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants!   [#permalink] 08 Jun 2011, 15:23